• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Severe Serotonin Syndrom Recovery

cyberius

Bluelight Crew
I had severe serotonin syndrome last night from a combination of MXP (20mg) 4-ho-mipt (50mg) and Wellbutrin (100mg). I felt like I was being pulled away from myself and I had to go to the hospital. My blood pressure was very high and my heart rate peaked at a stable 160. What long term side effects am I going to be looking at and how can I repair it (if I can)

Was the actual diagnosis "serotonin syndrome"? If that is the case and the hospital discharged you, then you have already recovered. There may have been other events that occured before or during hospitalization, such as seizures or hyperthermia, that caused damage. But the serotonin syndrome itself shouldn't have lasting consequences.

I had severe serotonin syndrome last night from a combination of MXP (20mg) 4-ho-mipt (50mg) and Wellbutrin (100mg). I felt like I was being pulled away from myself and I had to go to the hospital. My blood pressure was very high and my heart rate peaked at a stable 160. What long term side effects am I going to be looking at and how can I repair it (if I can)

What were the other symptoms?

This combination shouldn't cause serotonin syndrom. Think you had more of an adrenergic storm, all of these three substances are stimulating through different mechanism (don't know for sure about the 4-ho, but psychedelics tend to be stimulants too, and 5-HT2a is excitatory). If you don't have chest pain or other lasting symptoms then you're fine.