• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

severe panic and anxiety attacks..

Yeah, pretty much. Doesn't really compare to, say, sexual dysfunction (antidepressants) or extrapyramidal symptoms (antipsychotics). Also that tells us nothing about the frequency in which a possible side effect is reported by patients taking therapeutic doses of a drug. :)

or, if you'd like a quote from the APA textbook of Psychopharmacology, 2nd edition:

Benzodiazepines...generally have a more favorable side effect profile than the other pharmacological agents used for this indication (i.e., monoamine oxidase inhibitors and tricyclic antidepressants)...As a class, benzodiazepines have remarkably few side effects; the principle one is sedation

no need to talk anymore . keep fucking with xanax do what makes you feel "normal" and tell me how your life goes. if you could remember it lol

I don't take Xanax anymore nor am I prescribed it. I would actually have more sympathy for the general gist of what you're saying, if you didn't come off so judgmental about it...people can live their lives however they see fit, if drugs help them great, if not and they don't want to take drugs, that's great too

You guys have no idea. My dad took xanax for 15 years. Switched docs once his retired, got off benzos. He has never been the same. Grumpy generally unhappy. One time he got a one time script recently and he was happy and seemed normal, actually made jokes. Actual long term xanax use can destroy a person's personality you guys have no fucking idea how it is to have a father change for life because of 15 years of xanax. I won't ever read this post again because alot of these replies are horseshit. Don't get deep in to xanax unless you want to ruin your brain. I was addicted for two years badly, until my mom told me my dad took xanax for 15 years, and then it made sense how unhappy and grouchy he was compared to when I was younger. You guys know NOTHING if u doubt xanax harm. Absolutely fucking nothing because I lost my real dad due to 15 years of fucking xanax use. And I know because that one week he had xanax again he was normal like when I was younger. Losing xanax lost his personality and quite frankly his real self. Long term xanax is shit unless u plan to use for the rest of your life. Screw and comments defending long term xanax because they are so fucking wrong it's not even funny

Who here is doubting Xanax harm?

I haven't really seen that...but what I have been seeing is people who are unable to look past their own biases in judging a pharmaceutical drug's merits. Most people who use alprazolam do so responsibly and a subset of addicts (not to mention bad prescribing practices by doctors) doesn't really detract from that fact.

It would be like if someone came on asking for advice for opiate painkillers for a herniated disc & crippling back pain, only to be met with a bunch of people giving dire warnings about becoming addicted to heroin

Last edited:
Most panic attacks are short in duration, and I am thinking is it really necessary to use benzos to stop it? Wheb I had my first panic attacks, I was not aware these are panic attacks, and just simply waited for the feeling to stop. Surely, I was very frightened, but in about 10-20 minutes the symptoms usually stopped without any drug. Isn't it more a placebo to take benzo to stop the occured panic attack, as most benzos, even sublingual alprazolam, took at least 10 minutes to hit? I agree benzos prevent PA from occurring, usually they stop by themselves with no drug.

Yeah people have an idea that anxiety only manifests itself in an acute form in the panic attack, a.k.a. an episode mimicking a heart attack. Those episodes are usually very brief, that's true. I think a lot of people with GAD (for which alprazolam in particular has been frequently prescribed...common "comorbidity" with panic disorder, although GAD is more characterized by "ruminative worry") have a baseline level of anxiety that can spike, and usually there's a build up that can be recognized & planned for accordingly. In my experience.

For what it's worth, I don't think it's a good idea to take benzodiazepines every day. Hell, you probably shouldn't take them if you don't absolutely need to...but prescribed on a PRN basis, even long term? Yeah I'm in favor of that if it's deemed appropriate.

justtakethat is a clueless teenager at least I hope because he constantly gives bad and sometimes harmful advice. He needs to get some wisdom and empathy under his belt. Maturity is a beautiful thing and hopefully he will become a man one day!
Coming on all the threads i post in and saying "oh hes has no clue hes just a kid" shows how little time you have lol. Hes asking for advice i happen to know stuff about what hes asking, stop trying to make yourself look stupid.

Needs to fix edit feature in mobile but namnoc has no idea what hes talking about trying to disagree that he should be tapering off now and that he doesnt need to be addicted.

I suffer from panic attacks and anxiety, I think mostly I don't have enough confidence in myself, I started a new job a month a ago, and right away I start thinking I'm not going to do good at it, that people will start thinking this guy is useless, I left my prior job because of this reason.

The meds do help taper off the feelings of anxiety and panic.

Does anyone else on here feel like this, not being confident enough and thinking they aren't good enough for a job?

I'm dousing myself in Etizolam 2.0mg with 5 bottles of Guinness Extra Stout, 22 fluid oz. the American Way, the American Way.

Man I’m getting some bad panic attacks right all over waiting in a package to be delivered, I go into high strung mode, all because since the Covid 19 thing.

I’m having a severe panic attack right now, I’ve been emailing my vendor since this morning because he’s shipping my stuff first class instead of Priority like we agreed to, and he hasn’t answered me back, I think he might be pissed off at so many emails, he’s told me before not to go that because he’s by himself.

all I skied him was why is he not sticking to our agreement with the Priority Mail,, should I be worried?

im freaking out right now thinking I’m being robbed.

ive had to double dose on Etizolam to calm
Me down.

Can someone help to ease the anxiety and panic attack? I hope this guy is not going to rob me, I’ve bought from him before and he’s always come through for me. Any advice?