• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Severe Kratom withdrawal… loss of motor coordination / coordination?

OpiateKiller

Bluelighter
I need to know if those who have recovered from severe Kratom withdrawal (50+ grams daily) experienced any visual distortions, mental fog, motor coordination loss…

I feel like I can’t even drive a car and I’ve never felt like this not even detoxing from methadone and it’s scaring the shit out of me.

And if it happened to you how long till it went back to normal? I’m scared that hospital trip damaged my brain.

Have you had the corona virus vaccine lately, out of curiosity?

Have you had the corona virus vaccine lately, out of curiosity?

I'll die before I take that shot my friend.

I don't think Kratom is to blame and think I may have had a mild stroke during my precipitated withdrawal that landed me in the hospital at 6 AM.

I was shooting fentanyl for a month then took a suboxone and I talked about how I went into a dream like state for 6 hours but now I fear it may have been a stroke or seriously damaged myself.

Everything looks fuzzy and I don't have the coordination I'm used to and it's scaring the shit outta me.

IDK how to even find a doctor to get an MRI to see if I'm right

Shit man. Yea, this is not really something that I'm familiar with. I totally get that withdrawal can push you to the edge, especially when sleep-deprived and dehydrated, but this really sounds like something more characteristically neurological. I guess what I'm saying is that, withdrawal can be severe, but we usually start feeling better once we hydrate, rest and recover.

Anyone will tell you that Opioid withdrawal is not a potentially fatal condition, especially when compared to withdrwal from sedative/hypnotic agents like Alcohol, Barbiturates and/or Benzodiazepines. I have come to the conclusion that this is kind of misleading for some simple reasons. If anyone is capapble of having a stroke, in theory, and that stress upon the body makes such an event more likely, you have to understand that being in a vulnerable position means you're more likely to experience things like a heart attack or a stroke.

I really think this is something you should consult a professional about. I would hate for you to be harmed by inaction and we really have no idea what's going on. I'm sorry you have to go through all this dude. We have your back though, keep us posted please if able.

Shit man. Yea, this is not really something that I'm familiar with. I totally get that withdrawal can push you to the edge, especially when sleep-deprived and dehydrated, but this really sounds like something more characteristically neurological. I guess what I'm saying is that, withdrawal can be severe, but we usually start feeling better once we hydrate, rest and recover.

Anyone will tell you that Opioid withdrawal is not a potentially fatal condition, especially when compared to withdrwal from sedative/hypnotic agents like Alcohol, Barbiturates and/or Benzodiazepines. I have come to the conclusion that this is kind of misleading for some simple reasons. If anyone is capapble of having a stroke, in theory, and that stress upon the body makes such an event more likely, you have to understand that being in a vulnerable position means you're more likely to experience things like a heart attack or a stroke.

I really think this is something you should consult a professional about. I would hate for you to be harmed by inaction and we really have no idea what's going on. I'm sorry you have to go through all this dude. We have your back though, keep us posted please if able.

If it was a mild cerebellar stroke, which is the part of the brain that controls coordination, sadly my research shows there is not much to be done. Unless a clot is still present, and then at that point I'd need open brain surgery of some sort.

I think I'm just gonna ride it out it says in stroke recovery the brain can relearn things in different ways after a stroke, and things become more familiar with 1-3 months being the main recovery time and by 90 days the brain plasticity is most active.

I guess I'm just lucky to be alive and I've managed to drive around it's just like my ability to trust my eyes is deceiving, it's almost like as if I'm in a dream and can't take things seriously if that makes sense.

I'll survive this I've survived everything else thus far, and I do believe the human brain is an amazing thing, with a healthy diet and some natural supplementation, I will recover.

experienced any visual distortions, mental fog, motor coordination loss…
Oddly, I've experienced all 3 of these but only in cases of high kratom dose and kratom overdoses

In high kratom doses I gain a tremor and start to lose balance/shake, I also get these weird minor visual distortions kinda like flashes of light but hard to explain (similar to phenibut overdoses but much less intense), and mental fog

I have not experienced any of them during kratom withdrawal. I have experienced 50g/day withdrawals but they only lasted a few hours before I dosed again and it was mainly just sniffles, fatigue, body aches at that point. I've had 30g/day cold turkey withdrawals for several days but still don't remember anything like what you describe.

Be safe man I say it might be something else :(