• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Severe insomnia after pregabalin use?

guessilldie

Greenlighter
Took 400mg pregabalin 2 or 3 times last month about 5 days to a week apart. Made me feel a lot better, sedative, kinda drunk, euphoria. Since the first time I took it I haven't had one good night's sleep (apart from the time I took it in the eve and pretty much passed out at 10pm) now barely sleeping at all. Has anyone had this? Im a long term sufferer of insomnia anyway but this is the most severe episode I've ever had in my life it's been going on about 3 weeks now. I thought you only got withdrawal through long term regular use? Also still have extremely strong cravings to use it which is a little unsettling. I want to use it as I know it makes me sleep but I'm concerned that it's what's triggered this?

Edit: maybe also worth mentioning I was on I think 100mg a day for about 18 months for anxiety and don't think I had this problem when I came off it pretty much cold turkey then

Last edited:
It seems to affect everyone very differently from intended effects and side effects to needed dosages to dependency and withdrawal.
I'd still take lyrica withdrawal over benzo or opiate wthdrawal but some people seem to be terribly burdened with symptoms after short term use.