• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Severe Anxiety, I don't want any Benzo's, are there any new meds that might help?

I find most weed relaxing but some sativa or heavily sativa weed gets my nerves riled up, some anxious people can't smoke weed at all.

Yeah o know weed can cause anxiety attacks in some people that's why I said see how it treats you lmao some heavy indica might work or a small dose indica edible

first generation antihistamines are often prescribed in my area due to high percentages of benzo addiction
things like promethazine and hydroxyzine, there's also pregablin and lyrica altho those can be habit forming themselves,

Everyone likes to hate on Seroquel but i find it helps me with anxiety. Doesn't cure it but does calm me down.

Everyone likes to hate on Seroquel but i find it helps me with anxiety. Doesn't cure it but does calm me down.

I take that shit if it's late at night and I'm in the apartment alone feeling like ranting and raving but I'm alone so my only option is to roar like a lion (who needs his rest to protect the tribe and make babies.) I take 100mg and sleep. I also take it if I'm on a manic psychotic episode type thing to chill the fuck out. For day to day anxiety don't like in general it's a good sleep aid, can cause diabetes long term.

first generation antihistamines are often prescribed in my area due to high percentages of benzo addiction
things like promethazine and hydroxyzine, there's also pregablin and lyrica altho those can be habit forming themselves,
If you go the hydroxyzine route, make sure it's pamoate not hcl. They mix it up sometimes

venlafaxine xl 75mg or Prozac much better if you don't want to take benzos by a mile but it will take at least a week to kick in.

Propranolol, helps with the physical symptoms of anxiety. Like palpitations, sweating, shaking, muscle tension, etc. Technically it's a blood pressure medication, but is often used off label for anxiety and stage fright/ performance anxiety. Could be very good at treating the symptoms you mentioned.

Don't take the advice of whoever suggested Phenibut. You'd honestly be better off with a benzo script than a Phenibut dependency
It depends on the person, the dose, and the frequency. IME benzos cause faster dependence and subsequently quicker development of withdrawal symptoms. Myself, I find that phenibut, having a slower onset and longer half-life compared to the rapid acute effects of benzos (especially ones like Xanax), is less likely and slower to induce tolerance and addiction than benzodiazepines.
Taking it in the morning upon waking, it takes between 1 and 2 hours to kick in and produces a pretty natural yet powerful disinhibiting and anxiolytic feeling, compared to Xanax which kicks in within 20 minutes and causes a noticeable artificial feeling of relaxation and calm. I take 1-2g per day with the occasional day off, and I haven't felt a reduction in effects or a need to take more. On the other hand, I have heard many people compare the withdrawal effects to those of benzo withdrawal; typically this happened at much higher doses than what I'd take, although it seems like individual susceptibility to it varies significantly, and the same looks to be true for tolerance.

I too have severe anxiety and i keep lorazepam as a prn only. I hated hydroxyzene. Its an antihystamine and makes me tired. Might as we take benadryl. I want as few meds as possible.talk to you doc, they should be more than willing to find a good fit for you.