• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Serotonin System Restoration

I rolled yesterday with the same product/dosages that I previously rolled with on NYE.

I did not notice any improvement in regards to the "magical" or lovey quality to the roll, unfortunately.

In the week after the BPC-157 usage, I did feel like I noticed more spontaneous moments of joy just in my day to day activities. But, I was also using some B vitamin patches that could have contributed to that.

@Swim15 - are you advising against post-roll repair with more BPC-157?

I was just wondering if you took the BPC-157 on the same day as your last roll? Or did you take BPC-157 for a while, then stop taking it?
Thanks a lot!

I used the BPC-157 recommended by @Cereals. It was the stable version from NooTroo.

I did not inject it, I just made the volumetric solution and held in my mouth. I did 500 ug for 5 days. I was not comfortable injecting it.

I think sublingual admin is fine but I’d be interested in results from other sources. May be worth other people giving it a shot and seeing what their results are first.

Not sure about naming but I’ve tried a lot of sources and american research labs has been the most effective so far. Obviously noticeable within 20min of injection and consistent batches out of all the ones I’ve used.

Interestingly enough, two vials put a friend of mine with incredibly severe ulcerative colitis into remission after a year of flaring and being on two biologics, oral mesalamine, steroids, and having a PTN tube put in. Just random cool stuff

Thanks again, Swim15.
I have been researching what I could about BPC-157, and found out that it is commonly used by bodybuilders for joint/tendon/ligament repair. I found this to be really interesting as I have a bad decade+ old shoulder injury that I've basically given up on after having tried everything besides shoulder surgery. So my plan is to try it on perhaps a longer term treatment as well as seeing what effects it has on brain/gut repair and neuro protection.

I have a question about your 4 day course of treatment, if you don't mind. "4 days dosed at 500mcg BID for one day, then 500mcg QHS for two days, then 100mcg QHS for one day"
Was there any particular reason for this exact regimen, or were you just experimenting?

Also, how long after this course of treatment ended did you do your Bassnectar NYE roll?

Thanks for everything. This has been the most interesting thread that I've read in a long time.

No prob man. Hope results turn out for others.

This compound is popular with bbers and I found it about 6 years ago when I used it for a tricep tear. Healed it up to 100% in about 3 weeks.

That protocol was totally out of my ass. It likely should have been longer and I’ve done longer runs with it, probably 3-4 weeks. I just felt I had gotten the benefits at that time.

I think my last usage before NYE (and FUCK, what a show haha) was 7-10 days. Wasn’t really planned per se but I try not to mix drugs that don’t have a ton of literature available unless I have a good reason and have made an educated guess on them.

Thanks @indigoaura and @Swim15 for your replies.

Well, I started my first dose of BPC-157 yesterday. I decided to use about 200 mcg 1x daily injected either subcutaneously or IM (directly into my bad shoulder).
I didn't expect to feel much of anything, but I did feel 'something' different, although I can't describe exactly what. I did get a bit tired, but not too much more than normal. I
I slept well , but had a lot of weird, vivid dreams (one somewhat nightmarish).

I think I will wait until Apr 24 for my next roll. I plan on using the same dosage of BPC-157 daily until then. Will probably do LSD this weekend.
Now, I don't know how useful my reported data will be, as I haven't really lost the 'magic' per se. But I have done MDMA 4-5 times over the last month (I know lol), and my rolls have all been good.
I always do some sort of flip with LSD and/or some type of tryptamine and always ketamine towards the end.

I guess what I have been attempting to do the past couple of weeks is to maximize my neuro-protective practices. This includes the full RollSafe anti-oxidant regimen (often on off days as well), 5 HTP/EGCG for a few days after.
Now including the BPC-157 daily. I have NAC and piracetam arriving this week as well.
I guess I'm just experimenting.

@fasterfb I got the vivid dreams as well. However, since I rotate quite a few vitamins and supplements, I was not 100% sure if it was the BPC-157 or not.

How many years have you been rolling overall? Ketamine is supposed to have some anti-depressant properties. I wonder if using it after the roll actually has a neuro-protective effect.

I have used NAC recently and Piracetam a long time ago. I did not notice improvement with either one.

I do not personally know if my issue is loss of magic, or if it is bad product. I wanted to try the BPC-157 in case the issue is me.

@indigoaura The only other supplement that has given me weird, vivid dreams is melatonin, which is quite common. I'll see if I have similar dreams tonight and report back.

I'm an older guy in my 60's and have been doing drugs since my teens. I was a hardcore crack/opiate addict for at least a decade (now almost 20 years clean off of 'death drugs').
I now do psychedelics mostly and fairly regularly. I am otherwise in good health both mentally and physically, which is a minor miracle lol.

As far as MDMA, before this recent 'binge', I hadn't rolled for over 10 years. I had done ecstasy only around 6 times before that. So I don't have a vast history of MDMA usage.

I like ketamine for the comedown. It is a great 'mixer' drug for all psychedelics imo. I think it does have some anti-depressant properties, although I'm not sure if there is any neuro-protective mechanism.
Unfortunately, tolerance build up is real, so I try to save it for weekends.

It's possible that your loss of magic is product related. Maybe try a new batch for your next roll?
What is your usage history?

Maybe, my loss of magic is still about to come, but I am doing what I can to avoid that.
I know my usage frequency is high right now, but at my age, I don't want to have to use the '3 month rule' LOL.
I have been keeping my dosages at 100 mg + 40 mg range.
I am kind of just experimenting with neuro-protection, and seeing how I feel after each roll and then respond accordingly.

I've seen a lot of dream improvement with various B vitamins, especially sublingual or trans-dermal B12.

Congrats on getting away from the death drugs. I have a close relative who struggles with heroin addiction. I hope she can one day be as far out from it as you are.

This month will actually be the 20 year anniversary of my first ecstasy use. I was 19 the first time I used MDMA, and basically never stopped. At the time, the recommended harm reduction rule was to only roll once a month. I stuck to that, for the most part. Every so often I might get too eager and only wait 3 weeks instead of a month, but I largely obeyed the rule. Never rolled two nights in a roll. Usually did 2-3 pills in a night. I remember weekends where I wanted to go to two concerts and would just spin my wheels trying to decide which one to roll for; I made myself pick only one. I tested my pills and sent them in to labs for testing. Tried to be safe and smart.

Somewhere around 2005 or 2006 my dealer (who had been very consistent) quit the trade after a large bust in my area. News articles at the time said the ring that was taken down was one of the biggest importers to the area. After that happened, I could not find anyone local with decent product. I turned to the internet, but I never had the same kind of product again, (to this day). I did find a supplier of "molly" but it never felt the same as the pills. As I have talked about at length in other threads, the pills were lab tested as MDMA so I know they were not meth mixes and they were not MDA. The powders/crystals I have tried since then do not have the same effects profile. Have I continued to use them? Yes, I have. It is all I have had access to. Labs also say the powder is MDMA.

So...I don't know what is going on. Other than MDMA, I have used mushrooms quite a bit, briefly smoked weed, very briefly drank alcohol for a year or so, did some LSD here and there, and did quite a bit of 2CB/2CC when it was available. As the years have gone on, my MDMA use has been 2-4 times per year maybe. I'm sure I've gone a year at some point without doing it at all.

If it wasn't for the fact that the change in product effects coincided with my change in supplier, I would assume the issue was me. However, the people around me agree as well that the product was never the same. So, its hard to write it off as "loss of magic," but I am open to that possibility. I try what I can.

@indigoaura I'm sorry to hear about your less-than-great rolls since the product change. It must be a bit heartbreaking. I was lucky to find some great product (crystals) locally.

Have you been doing a fairly stringent supplement regimen of anti-oxidants? I'm guessing you have been doing that. As I said earlier, I tend to over-do supplements and generally feel better overall because of it.
Also, do you ever do flips with LSD, mushrooms, other tryptamines, 2Cx, etc? I always do so and find I get a better 'bang for the buck' and can lower my MDMA dosages.
I can also highly recommend doing ketamine during the roll to 'keep the feels' going.

Oh, I almost forgot. I found that grapefruit juice seemed to smooth out and lengthen my roll noticeably. I've used it the last 2 rolls which were 1 week apart.
So, I went and ordered some of that VitaPLUR grapefruit extract rave gum and will add that to the mix and see how that works as well.

That being said, I don't think any of that would make up for an inferior product, if that is indeed the case.

I will keep up with the BPC-157, NAC, piracetam experiences in this thread, as these supplements are new to me.

Yes, it is rather heartbreaking.

I take vitamins. I don't lean too much on specific anti-oxidants. My next roll, I am planning a flip of some kind to see how that goes. I may do a low dose of 2CB followed by a lower than typical dose of MDMA.

Ever since I saw a friend have a seizure, I have been very hesitant to use anything that messes with CYP2D6 (like Grapefruit). I did read that gum was pretty effective though. Let me know how that goes.

Glad you are able to find decent stuff in your area. Maybe someday that will be me!

I'm glad that you're taking vitamins. Vitamin C and E have good anti-oxidant properties. I would also add ALA (alpha lipoic acid) and ALCAR (acetyl-L-carnitine) to the mix if you can.
I will definitely report back on the rave gum. I know the grapefruit juice was a good add.

I hope you will be able to get some good stuff in your area as well!

On the topic of Serotonin System Restoration, researching BPC-157 is leading me down other rabbit holes related to gut health, pro-biotics, and the serotonin system.
I found this article interesting (it's not from a medical journal, but just an interest piece on Medium).
Your brains are in your belly, and that’s good for your mental health.
Also:
How gut bacteria can lift depression. Be sure to feed them well.
Did you know that about 95% of the body’s serotonin is found within the digestive tract? I didn't have a clue!
It's a very interesting topic and related to how BPC-157 improves gut health and the serotonin system.

@fasterfb I posted a thread on this topic awhile back, as it seemed like it would have a lot of implications for MDMA users.