• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Serotonin activity of PCP/3-HO-PCP

albatross

Bluelighter
Hello everyone! Trying to figure out if PCP (specifically 3-HO-PCP) interacts with serotonin in a way which could lead to serotonin syndrome when combined with serotonin reuptake inhibitors or releasers? I can see that PCP does have what appears like very weak affinity for serotonin receptors but don't know how weak. 3-HO-PCP is what I really want to know about but obviously there aren't as many studies about it. Analogs of PCP seem similar enough that if PCP has decent serotonin action that it would apply to 3-HO.

Thanks for the help and I apologize for my lack of knowledge regarding neuroscience/pharmacology.

Most studies of PCP and its "friends" show they are mostly NMDA and nicotinic antagonists, I don't think they have affinity for 5HTR or SERT.

And if it makes you feel any better I have taken PCP with serotonergics many times (MDMA, LSD, mushrooms) and have no complaints.

Most studies of PCP and its "friends" show they are mostly NMDA and nicotinic antagonists, I don't think they have affinity for 5HTR or SERT.

And if it makes you feel any better I have taken PCP with serotonergics many times (MDMA, LSD, mushrooms) and have no complaints.

Thanks Sekio! Yeah wiki was saying it had a ki value of 2,000~ for SERT I believe. Seemed a LOT less than ki for NDMA or even dopamine but had to make sure.

Btw I have lurked here for years and always appreciate your posts. Glad you're a mod round here.