• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Seroquel and Weed?? i hope this is the right place to post this? im new

glowpt2

Greenlighter
so, yesterday i took 25mg of seroquel at about 1:30 pm instead of my usual 10:00pm because i had forgotten to take it the day before. i was not expecting to smoke weed because i was dry and so was my friend i was going to hang out with. we got to this house show (a few bands playing in someones garage) around 9pm and some friends asked if we wanted to smoke, we of course said yes. i had forgotten that i had taken the seroquel a few hours before this. so we smoked a decent amount and at first i was fine, but then while watching the first band, i started thinking about the main things i have been stressing about recently and trying to hold in a panic attack while my legs were wobbling (like they do when im REALLY high off of weed) and the music was taking me away (like it usually would on weed, but much more intense) and then suddenly my neck and head started feeling really hot and i started losing my vision, like, it faded to black and then next thing i know, blackness. at first after i woke up, i thought i was just laying in bed at home listening to music, but then i opened my eyes and a bunch of scared faces were looking at me and arms pulling me up from lying on the ground. i had just fainted for the first time ever!!! i went home after that, but home was an hour drive away. i figured if i just slept i would be fine in the morning. but on the way back, i was cold so i put my arms together but then i felt a hand that wasnt mine. i looked down and realized that it actually was mine, but i just couldnt feel it. this freaked me out. the numbness started spreading to my leg on the same side of my body (right side). it stayed this way for maybe 15-20 minutes. i was very scared. while that was going on, i also started forgetting words and what some words meant. the most random phrases were coming to my head and it made me laugh but i was still freaking out as well. when i got home, i couldnt sleep for a few hours despite being very tired and had to down some benadryl. in the morning i felt mostly fine, but my body felt like it had run a marathon.
so, anyways, i was wondering.. is this just a bad combination? or was it just me? what the hell happened?
sorry if this is written annoyingly, i hardly ever write about experiences i have or whatnot
(i usually smoke at about 5 in the afternoon or later after taking the seroquel at 10 the night before, and take it again on the tail end of weed but laying in bed)

It seems unlikely that the combustion got you that high, considerating Seroquel is an anti-depressant and it was taken at a low dose.
It seems like you just got REALLY high, I'm not sure about your tolerance or the potency of what you smoked that night.

^Yea, I'm not saying it's impossible, but I've never know quetiapine (Seroquel) to cause any "extreme" side effects other than sedation and maybe some slight discomfort.

Cannabis is quite a drug really. If you smoke a little, it can relax you and give you a little bit of euphoria, but on the other end of the spectrum, you might eat a brownie with little to no tolerance and experience a full-on psychedelic nightmare. Perhaps the anxiety was provoked and exacerbated by the weed in addition to being in a busy high-energy crowd with loud music playing. That could be enough to give you some kind of anxiety/panic attack or even to cause you to faint.

Both drugs can make people feel weird and dysphoric. I've read some seroquel/weed combination trip reports on Erowid that are similar to your own experience. Both drugs can make people light headed and faint. When first starting on Seroquel, some people will be advised to stand up slowly so they don't faint.

You're on 25mgs, which is a low dose. You took it during the daytime, which you don't do regularly. This all indicates that you're probably not very tolerant to Seroquel, and therefore are susceptible to these kinds of effects. There is probably nothing inherently dangerous about this drug combination, or at least no more dangerous than taking Seroquel by itself, but I can't say that for sure.

When I'm on Seroquel I act like "walkers" in Walking Dead. I can't even speak, and all I want is to eat. :D

If you're a daily stoner, then Seroquel can be handy if you can't fall asleep after a hard night of blazing. If you take it on empty stomach, it will put you to sleep in no time. But doing them together is not a good idea IMO. I never tried it, because Seroquel alone puts me on my ass, I don't want to go too far.

thanks fr the replies!! now that i have smoked since then, i am almost 100% sure it was the combination. never doing that again.

Seroquel and Weed = Munchies from high heaven.

Seriously though, you probably got a little too high and had an anxiety attack. Seroquel by itself can sometimes make me feel sort of dysphoric and uncomfortable, with a general sense of uneasiness. If i smoked weed ontop of that feeling, it would precipitate an anxiety attack.