• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Serious pain...

MJD123

Greenlighter
So basically I have been taking about 10-16 Mg's of Xanax a day for the past 5 weeks. There was a surplus of Xanax around me and I took serious advantage of this by purchasing easily over 100 of them in these past few weeks. Yesterday I found myself in a situation where I was out, and so was my dealer. Getting out of bed this morning was horrendously hard. My muscles felt tight (could barely feel my legs), my head hurt, and i couldn't even bare the thought of talking to any of my roommates. I go to class and am extremely irritable, and on a day where it is not even that sunny i found that light hurts my head an insane amount. I understand i had an addiction to Xanax as i have been prone to becoming addicted to substances in the past. I do not plan on going down this road again as this physical and mental pain is unbearable, like i literally feel like death. So my question is for anyone out there who has experienced the withdrawal symptoms of Xanax abuse and how long it took them to get better. I have done so much research but still am not able to reassure myself it will get better. I could not find a source where someone like myself went through a 5-6 week binge of taking 10+ Mg's of Xanax because from my understanding that is kinda extreme. I was also drinking and smoking weed on them too. If it matters to i am prescribed 70 Mg's of vyvnanse and even that today couldn't make me feel better. Thanks for any help at all I am pretty desperate.

Man, 10mg+ Xanax every day for 5-6 weeks quitting cold turkey could lead to a seizure, you should go to the ER and taper down, look up the Ashton manual.

If I do go to the ER, what do I even say? What I have been doing doesn't exactly constitute as legal and I'm 20 years old i would hate for my parents to find out i had to go to the ER for something like this

If I do go to the ER, what do I even say? What I have been doing doesn't exactly constitute as legal and I'm 20 years old i would hate for my parents to find out i had to go to the ER for something like this

You just tell them that you abused benzos and that you are afraid of seizing, I don't think they are allowed tell your parents.
But I could be overreacting, so let's wait for some other opinions
Any way you could get your hands on some benzos and taper?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21815323
Since the first report of benzodiazepine withdrawal seizure in 1961, many case reports have followed. Withdrawal seizures have occurred with short, medium, and long halflife benzodiazepine, if discontinued abruptly. Withdrawal seizures usually occur in patients who have been taking these medications for long periods of time and at high doses. Seizures have also been reported with less than 15 days of use and at therapeutic dosage. Almost all the withdrawal seizures reported were grand mal seizures. The severity of seizures range from a single episode to coma and death. Benzodiazepine dose tapering can be done faster in a hospital setting in high-dose abusers, but must be done more slowly in the outpatient setting in therapeutic dosage users.

There is no way for me to get my hands on any benzos right now so i legit have to do this cold turkey. Right now it feels like i have a severe case of the flu with extreme nausea.

If I were you I would go to the hospital to ensure I do not die. Sure I would be worried about what my parents thought but far better for them to be upset at me while im alive then disappointing in me because i didnt get help. If you were not already aware benzo and alcohol withdrawal can cause seizures and they can be fatal. Please get help, you do not need to die alone or suffer needlessly. We all blame ourselves for our short comings but its those that get help to get through issues that come out the other end better for it.

If I were you I would go to the hospital to ensure I do not die. Sure I would be worried about what my parents thought but far better for them to be upset at me while im alive then disappointing in me because i didnt get help. If you were not already aware benzo and alcohol withdrawal can cause seizures and they can be fatal. Please get help, you do not need to die alone or suffer needlessly. We all blame ourselves for our short comings but its those that get help to get through issues that come out the other end better for it.

Well said!

This is going to be bad. Really bad. Seizures and death bad. Get medical attention.

The doctors aren't there to judge you. Assuming you're in the US, the doctors can't legally disclose anything to your parents, so no need to worry about that. As for legality, I wouldn't really worry about it A few days ago I went to the ER and tested positive for benzos (prescribed), amphetamine (prescribed), and methamphetamine (never taken, false positive). They didn't ask for any kind of verification of my prescriptions and didn't care about the meth thing. Just tell them what you've been taking. Legally, they can't deny you treatment for a serious problem even if you don't have insurance, and this type of withdrawl will get serious fast.

Saving face isn't worth your life.

Whats Most important hasnt really been mentioned. Sensitivity to livht and that "pressure" in your head is most likely warning you of an impending seizure. Other warning signs you'll get closer to the zero hour of a grand mal will be a metallic taste in your mouth and possibly brain zaps, or feeling like you're about to black out and are kind of holding it together.

your best bet is to go to the ER and tell them you have a strong history of seizing during benzo withdrawal. The doc can turn you away and tell you to come back if you feel an impending seizure unless you say this. Tell them you've come off benzos 8 times and have had a seizure every time. Get an Rx for diazepam, or at least Keppra or another anticonvulsant like Dilantin.

OP, are you ok? Please let us know, I can relate to you with a massive xanax addiction that I have been battling for years. Please check back in with us.