• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

September Getting/Staying Clean/Sober Thread v It's Fall Again / The Sky is Falling

It's very sad indeed. I can tell the difference myself if I compare the clime from the mid-80s to current days. Even in the US the winters became pretty mild. In the northern Europe winters have never reached -20 or - 30 Celsius ever since 1987. Not to mention the Arctic defrost.

Summers averages in Earth have never been so hot, as from 2011-2016, year after, after year breaking records. I know cities that developed new climate areas as from the 90s. It's not fiction or coincidence. It's happening.

No it isn't anyone's imagination. Up until two years ago, my area of Florida would experience 3-4 nights of temperatures below freezing annually. The past two years, there have been zero.

A few years ago I was in New England during a cold snap in which air temperatures at night actually hit -25 F (about -30 C) and the Boston meteorologist explained that as the poles warm up the cold air that's there has got to go somewhere. Yes New England is supposed to be cold and snowy but -25 would be pretty extreme for even a Chicago winter.

Decided to take my own advice and went for a nice run out in the high desert/mountains out behind my house this morning. I've been trying to keep my mood up...I can feel that it's teetering on the brink of something unpleasant. Not sure what's going on. It could just be the same ol same ol. Or maybe all that ketamine has me run down (I had the last infusion of my ketamine therapy yesterday). Just feeling shitty over all.

I do feel a little better for having gone running.

It must be quite beautiful to run out in the desert with mountains behind you. A challenging exercise too as it may be drier than usual.

I am trying to set up a routine of exercises. It has helped me immensely right after I quit opiates and was strong enough to follow a daily routine- now I feel a bit lazy. I try to swim at leat once or twice a week but don't really feel like doing more than that. I even paid for gym in advance to sort of force me to exercise more often, but I'm frequently too tired when I get home.

It must be quite beautiful to run out in the desert with mountains behind you. A challenging exercise too as it may be drier than usual.

I am trying to set up a routine of exercises. It has helped me immensely right after I quit opiates and was strong enough to follow a daily routine- now I feel a bit lazy. I try to swim at leat once or twice a week but don't really feel like doing more than that. I even paid for gym in advance to sort of force me to exercise more often, but I'm frequently too tired when I get home.

It is beautiful indeed. I've always wanted to live somewhere where I can do daily mountain runs, and here I am. That's one of those things I really need to try to appreciate.

hello, my name is drew and i am an alcoholic, my sobriety date is august 22nd 2016, and today i am truly blessed because i didn't have to make that shit up.

Got a really interesting book for those that are having a problem with the spiritual part of the program, there's a book is called 'earths prayers from around the world' a collection of 365 prayers, poems and invocations for honoring the earth. that is a really great read! I really like it because it's not bible related prayers, a lot of native american prayers, and well prayers from all around the world that deal with the great mother earth.

just plane happy that today I was able to help others, and put my faith in my higher power that only wants the best for me.

running is the best. and trying to do your workout at the end of day is a difficult routine to establish.

two weeks

My running days are over but I've found that brisk walking is a great replacement, especially when it is in nature. I have a nice 2.5 mile roundtrip from my house to the beach through a greenbelt area in the middle of town. The best part of this walk is animals. It starts with the neighborhood cats, dogs and birds, then the cows in the pasture in the greenbelt along with hawks and the occasional coyote or fox, then down to the water with herons, otters, seals, sea lions and at the bay dolphins and the occasional whale.

I have once seen dolphins at a good distance but a whale would be an awesome beautiful animal to see 'running' wild and loose in the ocean. I am impressed by both, actually. The way they communicate to each other, the mysteries of their higher intelligence. Ever since I was a small kid I was crazy about them. :) Things from our infant hood we never forget.

I also prefer walking rather than running as I passed the 45 mark, running tends to hurt my knees with time, even with appropriate tennis shoes and weight..

I have once seen dolphins at a good distance but a whale would be an awesome beautiful animal to see 'running' wild and loose in the ocean. I am impressed by both, actually. The way they communicate to each other, the mysteries of their higher intelligence. Ever since I was a small kid I was crazy about them. :) Things from our infant hood we never forget.

I also prefer walking rather than running as I passed the 45 mark, running tends to hurt my knees with time, even with appropriate tennis shoes and weight..

I've definitely had to change how I run/train now that I'm past 40. Seems like it wasn't that long ago that I was a competitive marathoner...not so much any more. Sigh...:\

I saw some wild dolphins and seals once. It was very special.

Have also run into seals while on a separate vacation.

Socal is the best.

That sounds like fun! LA has been the southern I have ever been. With so many options and great places to visit I wish I could go for a longer stay. It's one of my fav places. :)

I ran into some people who were on a trip from Europe, and had stayed one night at each place, and were doing 3-4+ hours of driving from place to place. It made me so thankful to be able to spend 3-4 nights at each place, spaced out, etc. without being rushed. There's a lot left to see though.

That sounds like fun! LA has been the southern I have ever been. With so many options and great places to visit I wish I could go for a longer stay. It's one of my fav places. :)

Liar!! I talked to you about being in Florida before;)

You mean at the aquariums and shows nearby Orlando area right? Same as the black and white 'domesticated' whales, I suppose. Or do you mean out in the ocean coast?

That's almost surreal to imagine that. It must be really nice to get to see them like that. I once went far away into the see but all we got were pretty scary waves. :)

Its just been one of those fucking days around this insane asylum. Ive had to deal with people trying to recruit others to join him in leaving the program to go into a halfway house, people early on in the program not wanting to trudge with the class together, and all that has been dealt with. The thing that bothers me the most is me hearing that i thought a friend/co worker of mine got high and drunk 2 weeks ago and didn't tell anyone he works with about it. He did tell a fellow friend of mine about it, and the fellow friend has had it on his heart to tell my boss about it, and now its been swept under the rug, now my friend is getting hateful texts from people saying he needs to be quiet about this shit, all this really bothers me, ive lost all respect for the co worker that relapsed because hes not doing anything about it, and hes about to start a new job working in the recovery field. It just bothers me, now my close friend(and hes sent me these hateful texts) is really upset about it,
Just feeling some type of way about it, like wow..i mean,the guy(that got high)is going around thanking people,says god this god that etc,and in reality hes holding onto the shit about relapsing,..i know for me,holding onto shit like that end will ultimately winde me up in hospitals and jails,because of what i do to keep that shit bottled in.

So grateful that I do not have to live holding shit in, that when i am going through shit i talk about it with close friends, my support group and ofcourse my friends here on bluelight.

Just feel let down.

^^
That's a drag, D's. Do you feel upset that your co-worker relapsed? Not in the sense of whether it was wrong for him to keep the secret...more like: did it freak you out personally? I've noticed that when various people I know in recovery have relapsed over the last year, it freaked my shit out. I didn't always know it at the time. But eventually I'd always realize that I didn't like seeing how easy it is to have things spin right back out of hand.