• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Sensitive to drugs...Pregab/Gaba/Benzos?

Mighty-oak

Bluelighter
Reading many articles and reports on the net the majority of people using Pregabalin for anxiety is around 400mg a day. Gabapentin around 3,000mg. I tried Gabapentin a few months ago as the Dr prescribed. I took a 100mg tab and it almost knocked me out and I am not exactly small at 6ft and 229lbs and 41 years old. Then the Dr tries me on Pregabalin saying he wants me to get to 300mg a day. He gave me a few 50mg tabs and a load of 150mg tabs. I took one 50mg Pregab and felt strange, heavy head, dizzy, kind of out of it....Not a nice feeling. Am I sensitive to these kinds of drugs due to the reaction I am having to them in such low doses? I am also on 10mg Diazepam and 0.5mg of Clonazepam, maybe this is enhancing the effect of these Gaba drugs?

Yes, you are a bit more sensitive than what is considered normal, but also, diazepam and clonazepam are GREATLY potentiated by pregabalin and gabapentin (pregabalin moreso than gabapentin)

Yes, you are a bit more sensitive than what is considered normal, but also, diazepam and clonazepam are GREATLY potentiated by pregabalin and gabapentin (pregabalin moreso than gabapentin)

I see, thank you :) So the effects of benzos will increase the effects of pregabalin, is it a dangerous combo' as have read that some people die from taking certain pain killers and benzos?

slightly backwards, pregabalin and gabapentin will increase the effects of the benzos. and at your doses, no, its not problem

Same happened to me..I took a single 300 mg gabapentin and laid down..45 minutes later I got up and felt a very functional drunk type feeling..euphoria, energy, lower anxiety, higher sex drive...lasted 3-4 hours..I was like damn this stuff I'd great..I felt good effects from it for 3-4 days but then those good effects were gone and replaced with blurry vision, lethargy, irritability, sexual dysfunction, and impaired motor skills..I tried upping the dose and it got worse..

Gabapentin is fun when taken occasionally

I have fun something really strange.....If I increase my diazepam I feel worse as in more anxious!

Dr has given me Pregabalin to help come off Clonazepam......Just hoping it works as this is my 7th time in 5 years I have tried coming off Clonazepam!