Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Self medication to evade withdrawal.

juice_soldier

Ex-Bluelighter
Hi All,

Most of you guys know me, so i just wanna give some background about my current situation.

Recently, a few months ago - i was diagnosed with Depression/Anxiety disorders. Then prescribed Xanax, which I abused to the point of psychosis and attempted suicide.

Since, it's been about 2 months now. I've been on Diazepam 5mg (3x a day) but with my tolerance to said substance, i take about 50-70mg a day when i have it on hand. This also comes as i ran into a pile of clonazepam a few weeks ago, and had a bit of a bender on that which only upped my already reasonably high tolerance.

So i run out rather quickly. I haven't told a doctor this.

Lately i've been keeping my withdrawals at bay with CWE codeine, which i go to different local pharmacies to source packets to extract.

I've got a kid on the way, so dealing with it all is mostly anime, video games and benzos/opiates. I'm also taking 75mg of Zoloft a day (sertraline)

I'm thinking about going to some kind of rehabilitation clinic to get off the downers?

Not sure if this should be moved to the dark side or if its relevant in AusDD (I'm an aussie after all)

I've also booked an appointment with a psychiatrist in order to talk further about the chemical side of things. Perhaps that might help me.

Sounds like a benzo problem specifically...

You should check out Reconnexion - this is their speciality

Otherwise treatment options depend on where you live (which state)

^Specifically i'd say yes. But it is all pretty attributed to stress etc that caused the GPs to start prescribing me, as i had only ever used Benzos before that recreationally and in small amounts occasionally.

I posted a suggestion in the CWE thread, don't know if you read it, but look into Kava Kava, could help with your withdrawals and is easily available from online places.

[EDIT: Removed unnecessary content. Lil Angel15]

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr Blonde said:
I posted a suggestion in the CWE thread, don't know if you read it, but look into Kava Kava, could help with your withdrawals and is easily available from online places.

[EDIT: Removed unnecessary content. Lil Angel15]

Pretty sure that's not a viable option now, the place I ordered it from stopped supplying it on the 23rd of November 2007 due to new regulations?

Edit: I'm in Brisbane - think the source was in NE NSW if that helps and is kosher by the forum rules?

Drink More Tea. Green tea has L-theanine, which crosses the blood brain barrier, converting to GABA. Good stuff, and defintely psychoactive. I'm on benzo's as well; the best advice I can offer nis to stick to your dose, keep your doctor in the loop- they generally do not want to cut you off from addictive drugs, but you have to keep up your end of the bargain. You could try some herbs; valerian, scullcap, withania (!), Nymphaea spp (Lotus (!), hops, chammomile brewed as teas can help.

belarki said:
Pretty sure that's not a viable option now, the place I ordered it from stopped supplying it on the 23rd of November 2007 due to new regulations?

Edit: I'm in Brisbane - think the source was in NE NSW if that helps and is kosher by the forum rules?

Yeah, its been restircted for some reason. I suspect its because of alleged reports of indigenous Aussies drinking it constantly; the government has to be seen to be doing something to 'help' the people they've fucked over and continue to do so.

Phenibut

As you probly know, I was forced to undertake a pretty sudden juice withdrawal earlier this year, and I found Phenibut very good at masking withdrawals, tried not to use it too early in the day, and I had anxiety/depression issues, and was on 100 mg zoloft also. but when the symptons got bad (edginess, restless legs, etc) 4 or five 250 mg phenibut would take the edge off until i started drinking. Hope this is of some use to you, have never had a benzo habit. BTW, have weaned myself off the zoloft, and been off them for ten daze, jesus, I enjoy the withdrawals, microflashes of g-like euphoia, and the odd touch of vertigo. Would almost consider going back on them just to get off them again! however my girl, who has gone off them before, and she hates that sensation, so go figure.... get well, mate, all the best

benzodiazapine and anti psychotics withdrawal is one of the worst ones to consider at home, the risk of seizures is huge depending on the amount you take tolerance and other drugs you use.

if you're going to quit do a medicated detox, but if you're going to do rehab afterwards you need to organise it usually 3 weeks in advance.

talk to you're doctor about it asap rather than potentially damaging other vital organs by substitution of mass amounts of other substances.

i would hope the doc realises the potential for problems of suddenly stopping and can re script you for the duration of the wait.

psychiatrists are great to understand things from medical models and psychoanalytic theories, may well be worthwhile going and seeing a psychologist as depression is more than just a chemical imbalance in the brain.

Medication by itself = ok therapy/counseling by itself = ok

Medication + therapy/counseling= more holistic alot better outcome than just one option

if you can tie your Psychiatrist in with your counsellor the outcome is even better.

Last edited:
google Gamibetal (Aminohydroxybutyric Acid) as well, it may help, Phenibut may help, same with GABA

I would go speak to some doctors mate, you will have to do a proper detox at a hospital, no biggie, you'll survive

remember you have a kid now, you're thinking for two :)

I found GABA useless and the come up actualkly makes you flush and feels uncomfortable and can turn into a bad feeling for a while if not mixed with alcohol or benzos.

Splatt said:
I found GABA useless and the come up actualkly makes you flush and feels uncomfortable and can turn into a bad feeling for a while if not mixed with alcohol or benzos.

i think you missed the point of the first post splatt

As has already been discussed, withdrawal from benzos has the potential for life threatening complications and should only be attempted under close medical supervision.

The question I have is why are you taking the benzos in the first place? It seems to me that the benzos are being used to self-medicate. What is the difference between using an illicit substance to reduce anxiety and being prescribed a substance to reduce anxiety? I would suggest that in order to deal with this you need to address the anxiety and depression that is underlying your use of the substance. Taking the benzos is a band-aid solution and I am appalled that psychiatrists continue to prescribe this for anxiety given the potential complications when there are so many empirically validated psychotherapeutic treatments for these problems.

Hence, if you are serious about getting of the benzos and staying off them, I think you need to get linked in with a clinical psychologist. With the new medicare system you can get up to 18 sessions per year for free. In doing so, you can try and address the underlying issues rather than using a substance as a band-aid solution.

Madmick: I know what you're saying but GABA seems to do nothing at all, it wouldsnt help with withdrawals. If he didn't eat a 50 bottle in a day and a half this wouldnt happen