• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Self Medicating Benzos Before Dentist

Zon

Bluelighter
I need to have a tooth removed, but for some reason my insurance only covers a local anesthetic. But for me I have a serious fear of needles and knives, I've even blacked out and vomited one time when an asshole dentists stuck a needle in my jaw hinge without warning... They say if I want to sleep it would cost me $500, or just for a benzo would be $120 which is a bit out of my budget....

But... I have my own stash of clonazepam, so am thinking if I could just take a large dose of that instead?

I don't have much tollerance (and hoping not to get one), I usually use .5-1mg a few times a week. Have taken up to 2mg at a time and apart from a little light headedness when it first kicks in am quite fine.

So what do you guys think about this idea? And how much should I take?

I will have a pre checkup today and meet the dentist but I think it would be better not to ask directly, I think he would not be allowed to continue if I seemed drugged up without something that he gave me...

i have similar benzo tolerance, similar fear of dentists, and a fucked up mouth.

i would dose 3-4mg because my goal would be to get to that point where you cant tell if its been 5mins or an hour.

i would also not drive myself to or from the appointment as have experienced first hand several benzo related car wrecks.

I think 1.5mg may be a good idea.

That’s merely a suggestion though. You know your body best.

Whatever amount you decide to take, I would pop it right before you make the drive. By the time the drive and the waiting room (always takes forever, ugggh) they should have kicked in.

i have similar benzo tolerance, similar fear of dentists, and a fucked up mouth.

i would dose 3-4mg because my goal would be to get to that point where you cant tell if its been 5mins or an hour.

i would also not drive myself to or from the appointment as have experienced first hand several benzo related car wrecks.

While I agree that would be better, especially if he has a driver, I think he also is concerned about the dentist knowing. A dose that high would be more noticeable I think.

If the dentist knowing wasn’t a concern, I completely agree. Might as well take a lot and get all benzo’d out :)

1-2mg if clonazepam Pryor to dental work isn’t uncommonly used and generally quite safe.

As the above poster mentions, be sure to have a driver or use public transit and walk after your visit if you take benzos.

Telling the dentist would be preferable, but I don’t really see why it would be a problem not telling them if it would be an issue. But if you’re legitimately prescribed the benzos, then the dentist can’t really say shit about it.

Generally benzos are taken 30-60min prior to the appointment/dental work.