• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Self Medicating ADHD With Meth

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you could buy a single 10mg dose? You’d be fine. Just make sure you take it at like 7 AM in the morning.

That’s the problem, you can’t buy a “days worth” Nope. Nobody is going to sell you that small of an amount.

You have to buy a few days worth. And then you face the “Meth Trap”

“Meth Trap” = When you go to use meth for the first time ever, or the first time in a few weeks. You ingest a little 10mg dose at 7am, and that’s it? You’re good...

It’s impossible to do. You feel so good, you feel so amazing, you can’t help but take more. At 1:00pm you take what you think is going to be your last dose, only you’re up until 6am still beaming. “Fuck, I have to go to class/work, what do I do? There’s only one option...

And then the cycle repeats itself, usually for about three days straight.

After those three days? After your body begins to adjust? Small doses become more and more manageable and more and more beneficial. You get acclimated to the medication.

Definitely not recommend for one-time use, unless somehow you can manage to buy a single 10mg dose.
Yeah the redose cravings with adderall aren’t strong at all for me but meth is a whole different ball game. I suppose I could have my roommate hide it from me but that’ll just have me deep cleaning the whole house I think!

My own curiosity will surely drive me to try it at least once in my life I’m sure. Curiosity killed the cat but at least the cat lived a little I guess

What are your thoughts on the various RC stims available like 3-FA, 4-FA, 3-FMA etc.?

I've been using meth for a couple of years (on and off) with periods of daily use. It is pretty mentally addictive specially when you smoke/vape it (I don't IV) but I don't think it's impossible to control. I've never done more than 50mg (I usually do 10-30mg) in a day and never skipped a night of sleep (I use benzos if I can't fall asleep).

It has definitely been amazing for productivity and it can be pretty useful in social situations as well. But after a while you inevitably build a tolerance and it becomes less useful. If you get used to taking meth or any stimulant for productivity you will end up feeling like you can't function properly without it, and that sucks.

It's not a drug I would recommend because, for most people, the risks seem to outweigh the positives.

I don't think this is a good drug to abuse. Actually I don't think it's possible to abuse it, but I suppose that's up to a person's body to decide

I've tried to abuse meth before. I didn't notice much but maybe I have a lower ceiling dose than others. I did sleep about 8 hours on the comedown, which is a long time for me

We're all different. I think what works for me is finding a routine that works or even waiting long enough between doses so that it's not pointless, let's say every 5 hours. With tolerance maybe every 3 hours

Yeah I started out smoking to self medicate my severe depression and anxiety and bring myself out of suicidal episodes but smoking it just seemed to take too much and then I realized eating it was the way to go but DAMN. Never been so high in my life exactly how you are describing but my eyes felt like they were gonna pop out and my eyes looked all bloodshot like I burst a vessel and a bunch of other shit.

Take a break and then eat like THE TINIEST OF TINY SHARDS. Idk how much you have been doing but I ate less than a pea sized rock the first time and it fucked me up.

I also notice it stays in my system longer and it’s way easier to overdo it after a few days.

Do you smoke pot?

I know a guy who does this, takes around 30-50mg orally on a daily basis and has been doing so for many many years and is very functional/not a tweaker. However just keep in mind methamphetamine is extremely neurotoxic and is going to have much worse longterm sife effects when used therapeutically than say dextroamphetamine, which we know to be safe to use for extended periods of time.

All that said? You are playing with fire.

Stimulants definitely have a short term memory side effect. Err.. I shouldn't say definitely. But I do notice my memory not as good for the past 2 minutes than ever before lol. I'm not sure why this side effect commonly occurs and I'm sure someone could clarify? It does improve for me after I stop using but it's not getting any better after a certain point. My memory on them however is really just not the best.

That's why I usually don't study on stimulants. I can't really retain the information as if I was sober. Also the violent whack off sessions but that's another topic.

To get back to Meth for ADHD for a sec: I would make a solution from very pure Meth, maybe 0.5 g or 1 g, and take 5-10 mg two times a day orally. Not more. Be aware that Meth can be veeeeery powerful und you can easily overdo it and get very nasty psychological side effects you don't want. And if such a small dose orallt is not enough, chances are your tolerance might simply be to high.

I can’t remember whole decades of my life which I attribute to stimulant use. Things like the order in which I lived in different places or the names of former colleagues or schoolmates. Or what year I worked at what job and for how long. It’s all a great big blur. What’s worse though is that I cannot remember anything From a book after reading it. I comprehend it as I read it, but then the knowledge just vaporises. Makes it hard trying to be an academic!

I can’t remember whole decades of my life which I attribute to stimulant use. Things like the order in which I lived in different places or the names of former colleagues or schoolmates. Or what year I worked at what job and for how long. It’s all a great big blur. What’s worse though is that I cannot remember anything From a book after reading it. I comprehend it as I read it, but then the knowledge just vaporises. Makes it hard trying to be an academic!
Yeah, I've got similar stimulant-related stories to tell. Most of the time it was alcohol + the stimulants I had been taking anyway, though. Usually alcohol + Cocaine or Methamphetamine.
I've met many people who thought stimulants are basically no drug, as the merely make you feel more awake in drugs, in their mind, are things that disable you, usually due to some kind of sedation or some sort of making you feel "drunk". Just so many people who don't know the first thing about drugs.
I guess all drugs can have good effects on de consumer, but there can be adverse effects, too. There is no such things as the "good drugs" which are good because they're legal and the "bad drugs" which just are like that because they belong to the illegal, evil bunch. Grown up people shuld really be allowed to make the experience they like to make. Period.
Meth can be a very good Drug, even on a daily basis. But you have easily too much by not dosing properly. Or, as in my case, by nopt dosing properly AND drinking to much once on it.
I think my oral dosing guide above will give you a good dose that should not be harmful. It might be you're already taking a little much. So you might have to off to reduce your tolerance. But believe me, my dosing guide will work!

Yeah, I've got similar stimulant-related stories to tell. Most of the time it was alcohol + the stimulants I had been taking anyway, though. Usually alcohol + Cocaine or Methamphetamine.
I've met many people who thought stimulants are basically no drug, as the merely make you feel more awake in drugs, in their mind, are things that disable you, usually due to some kind of sedation or some sort of making you feel "drunk". Just so many people who don't know the first thing about drugs.
I guess all drugs can have good effects on de consumer, but there can be adverse effects, too. There is no such things as the "good drugs" which are good because they're legal and the "bad drugs" which just are like that because they belong to the illegal, evil bunch. Grown up people shuld really be allowed to make the experience they like to make. Period.
Meth can be a very good Drug, even on a daily basis. But you have easily too much by not dosing properly. Or, as in my case, by nopt dosing properly AND drinking to much once on it.
I think my oral dosing guide above will give you a good dose that should not be harmful. It might be you're already taking a little much. So you might have to off to reduce your tolerance. But believe me, my dosing guide will work!
I’ve always had a problem with dosing. Mainly i dose to the point of being just a smidgen before being overamped. Basically I fill the tank with as much as she’ll take while still allowing me to operate a vehicle and construct a sentence that makes sense. It’s a fine line that is sometimes crossed accidentally.

That's my whole life. I have the hardest time retaining information without low dose stimulants. My best couple years of school were when I was on Ritalin.
Of course at the non therapeutic doses I'm taking now, I'm not able to concentrate on anything academic either. Reading least of all.
Stimulants definitely have a sweet spot.

I’ve always had a problem with dosing. Mainly i dose to the point of being just a smidgen before being overamped. Basically I fill the tank with as much as she’ll take while still allowing me to operate a vehicle and construct a sentence that makes sense. It’s a fine line that is sometimes crossed accidentally.

Yeah, whenever I have meth like this I try to control myself, but before u know it you've taken 10 times the amount you were planning on and started IVing :rolleyes: . But it's getting, at least in my case, better and better and it started working meanwhile. Though I rarely have very potent stimulants. It definitely can be done, though. And I do it right more often then not. Also other people won't notice you've done anything at all.

EDIT:

PS I'm also a Junky, too. SO I rather tend to overuse if it helps me to feel better. Might be even more easy for people who've got drug use rather under control. But as I said: It can even work for me! Just simple rule you should stick to.

I think the key is being able to function with as little need of outside help as possible. It’s very easy to justify using something that makes everything better, it is harder to determine if we have a real need for it.
I’m currently dabbling with M as a therapeutic tool to help me mentally process, in a safe place, the current reality we live in. Previously I had only used it to amplify sexual pleasure, so this is a novel way to use for me.

I found this article which mentions specifics of therapeutic dosing.

“To avoid toxicity, current FDA guidelines consider acceptable dosing (for both adults and children) at 25 mg within a 24-hour period.”

The article primarily looks at M as a protective agent in patients post stroke. For those patients, they determined the therapeutic dose to be 17.9mg (total for 24hours) for a 70kg (150lb) person. I believe it is safe to assume that anything above these above mentioned levels would begin to cause neurotoxicity.

I acquired a scale that weighs in mg and veg capsules in order to weigh out an oral dose. The study puts oral bioavailability at 70%.

1.) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pnpbp.2015.02.013

@titans7x

Whatever drug use you're engaging in, tone it down a bit. I'm getting some red flags re: recent posts here. Don't fly off the handle unnecessarily, friend!

As it would turn out I got a bad batch laced with N-ISO. I'm done with street drugs! that was scary! I was delusional!!!

Checking myself into rehab tomorrow, that was one of the scariest experiences I've ever had in my life! I was loosing it, absolutely loosing it...

Status
Not open for further replies.