• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Self Medicating ADHD with Low Dose Oral use High Quality Street Methamphetamine

in my experience, meth is so insanely addicting that i end up chasing the meth euphoria for days. after having an affair with street meth, i dont think i could ever use any pharmaceutical amphetamines therapeutically because i always end up abusing them by trying to use the pills to get as high as that shot of meff'.

no one needs ADD meds to function. ADD/ADHD is not like having diabetes; if you have ADD or ADHD, you don't need a daily shot of insulin to stay mentally and physically healthy. people got along just fine for multiple millenniums without amphetamines, and i believe that you do not give yourself any credit, as a human, how your brain, mind, and body adapt to stressful, overwhelming, and noxious stimuli. please let me give you an honor of accreditation for the abilities you posses that make you special! there are plenty of less-addicting adhd medications out there; some require an "off-label" prescription, and some can be prescribed by a doctor.

Life is much more complicated than it used to be. Some people need medication nowadays to cope, as well as get things done which less sick people can do without medication. It's not fair, so there's a way to somewhat level the playing field.

"in my experience, meth is so insanely addicting that i end up chasing the meth euphoria for days. after having an affair with street meth, i dont think i could ever use any pharmaceutical amphetamines therapeutically because i always end up abusing them by trying to use the pills to get as high as that shot of meff'.

no one needs ADD meds to function. ADD/ADHD is not like having diabetes; if you have ADD or ADHD, you don't need a daily shot of insulin to stay mentally and physically healthy. people got along just fine for multiple millenniums without amphetamines, and i believe that you do not give yourself any credit, as a human, how your brain, mind, and body adapt to stressful, overwhelming, and noxious stimuli. please let me give you an honor of accreditation for the abilities you posses that make you special! there are plenty of less-addicting adhd medications out there; some require an "off-label" prescription, and some can be prescribed by a doctor."

Tell that to somebody who can't function in the school environment without medication. Relatively, it wasn't until recently that people started to care about mental health. Would you also tell someone that has bipolar or schizophrenia the same thing? Also I have tried every single adhd medication except Desoxyn and Dexedrine. Adderall has proven to work best for me. Anyway I came up with the money to see a psychiatrist and I have an appointment scheduled, so hopefully I won't have to self medicate.

Oh, well thats goood. I was just gonna tell ya don't do it Meht ANYWAY besides taking it orally, and get a milligram scale and pretty much you are taking a a drug that is prescibed for ADHD anyway, just dont' smoke, snort, or shoot. I was on ADHD meds(focalin,Ritalin) for about a year and that was the only year I ever did good in school. I would abuse it though, have a very addictive personality..What caused my downfall though was going into some kind of deppression and started on opiates,not adderal, can't imagine(well I've done it) staying up for days at a time on a regular basis. Like my food an sleep. But ya just stick to oral and get a scale if the Psychiatrist doesnt work out. Or have you thought about any RC's??

Edit: Off topic but can SEVERE head injuries cause changes in concentration, and personality? Had one when I was a kid and I do feel different than when I did before(yes I was young, but there was a total change in my personality after that.)

Methamphetamine can be an incredibly therapeutic drug used correctly, with neuroprotective properties in low doses (ie not euphoric/recreational doses) and can help balance hormones and such long term.

I've actually found several scientific research papers confirming this. I doubt the general public will be hearing about it any time soon, however. The anti-drug mentality in the United States is still fairly strong, especially where methamphetamine is concerned.

I use what for me is a therapeutic dose of the street stuff once daily in the morning, for both mild adhd and moderate to severe bipolar 2 depression, along with my prescribed psych meds. I don't take Adderall on days I use meth, and vice-versa. The undesirable side-effects of meth are easily neutralized with moderate use of high-quality marijuana. This may sound to some like a batty way to self-medicate, but for the last 2-3 years it has worked more effectively and consistently for me than any combination of prescription psych medications alone (and I have tried a lot over the past 20 years). No, it's not a perfect solution. The post-nasal drip from snorting does tend to upset my stomach. And there's always the temptation to use more than I've alloted for myself, in an effort to actually feel "high" instead of merely stable and focused. But overall, the combined effects of everything I'm doing enables me to consider life worth getting up for in the morning.

Sorry if this isn't more helpful; just thought I would offer my personal experience.

Last edited:
The challenge is obtaining pure methamphetamine from a bulk quantity of street meth by extracting the red phosphorus and other toxic contaminants. I can't tell you how to do that because it's against the guidelines, but once you obtain pure meth it's all about making 20mg capsules and taking one every 4 hours.

Your story is inconsistent due to the fact that ADHD cannot be treated with one instant release dose of 60mg Adderall. It would only last 4 hours and would be too strong. If the 60mg was XR it makes a lot more sense. In that case, two doses of 20mg of methamphetamine would roughly be equal to 60mg of Adderall.

And tell your parents that they can suck my natural dick.

If you can't afford a psychiatrist appointment every three months and a generic prescription, what on earth makes you think you can afford a meth habit?

Im sorry im posting on here but I dont know how to create a new thread yet. I have a serious problem. My doctors keeping prescribing me stimulants for my adhd but I do not feeel anything. Ive tried adderal up to 160 mg, dextrme, ritalin which I only felt on the first day. Now desoxyn and I took 15 mg and I feel nothing. Can someone tell me why this is???

You took 15 mg parm grade methamphetamine and felt nothing?!? Maybe dopamine depletion or deficiency.

What are you expecting to feel using it?

I would not advise this considering Methamphetamine is quite more neurotoxic than amphetamine salts. As well very addicting and could cause a pretty nasty habit, even if you don't have an addicting personality. Another problem is getting methamphetamine that is good in quality without adulterants. I recommend if you do continue you to do this is, keep the dose low, only use when needed (not everyday), and get your parents to stop being crazy naturalists

I found what that meant and I definetly think I got a dopamine defincey.
Eat bananas for sure and look up natural supplements to help reverse the damage of meth/amphetamines. I can't think of any, but I know there are certain herbals and supplements that work. I think l-dopa is the precursor to dopamine and is sold in supplements that you can take pure vs eating bananas for it as I think, but can't say I'm sure that's why it's a good choice nor do I know how helpful l-dopa is for reversing the damage from meth. Definitely research it before using it and ask your doctor about it.... Don't tell him the medication isn't working as it is likely to be cut off as if it doesn't work why would they script something that is extremely rarely scripted as it's fucking methamphetamine in pure pharmacicutical form that most meth addicts would kill for. Maybe try taking a few days off of it to allow your brain to recover as well as making sure it's doing nothing as with how long you have used it there may be effect your not even noticing anymore. Also keep the dose low as apparently at low dose meth is if I remember what I read correctly neuroprotective at low doses while higher doses become neurotoxic.

Send a PM to the moderator Tricomb asking his opinion as he really can school you on how to use this medication properly.

IMO, the only way to figure out what's going on is to get a detailed blood test done. I also had a dopamine deficiency which I fixed by using the dopamine agonist cabergoline. No tolerance increase after nearly 3 years.

I'll just be straight up and say that I am with your "crazy" parents. I have learned to manage my ADD, using strategies from time management (taught at your school, I'm sure) to mindfulness to a system of written lists that would look like insanity for anyone that has a more organized brain. What you are saying is that you cannot perform the necessary tasks of engineering school without medication. Will that also apply to working in your field? My husband runs an engineering firm and it is pretty demanding. When do you see yourself being able to function adequately without medication? I think the reason that I agree with your parents is that most people never try to implement a disciplined approach to something that can be drastically modified without drugs. Have you thought about tolerance over time or any of the other down sides to taking stimulants long term?

If he does a good job in his career, why does it even matter if he continues to pop pills? That's what I don't understand. If it improves his quality of life and doesn't impact his goals I don't see why he shouldn't, honestly...at the moment we're talking about therapeutic doses of Adderall, after all, not the OP washing down handfuls of Xanax with a bottle of scotch or something. There are a lot of people who are dependent on medication, myself included.

If I take wellbrutin and. Supplements plus vitamins. Can I then feel my stimulants again? Thnx again for ur help

Years of doctors and all they think. Is I want more. No takes a website like this. To find out wats wrong with me.

I've ignorantly only read OP's post. YES, you can manage add/adhd on low (threshold max) dose. I did it for years...however, there are dangers which have likely been covered by other responses above. Meth makes most people feel great, if you start taking more than I described (I think 5mgs is a threshold dose of high purity meth) then ur fucked. Your Adhd will get worse and the great focus you had on a low dose will be replaced by an exacerbated"busy mind", you'll be quite confused and will probably feel the urge to do anything but the project/study you we're working on.

But low doses.can help you in my experience, the hard part is sticking to them and not increasing your dose which usually starts on a Friday night ending on a Sunday strung the fuck out. Happens all the time - straying from functionality to full blown addiction. Once the brain gets a high enough dose to really excite you or get you flying, then it's damn hard to fight the voice on ur shoulder saying "do it again, it was awesome!". Good luck and take care.

If you claim you feel nothing from 160mg of adderall, you aren't going to feel anything from 10-20mg methamphetamine.

Contrary to popular belief, methamphetamine and regular amphetamine are just about equipotent, with maybe a 1.2:1 or 1.5:1 difference.

Despite meths mildly greater dopaminergic affinity, it's increased serotonin release tend to partially block it's reinforcing and locomotor stimulus effects.
---

At these dosages, stimulants are not safe. If you can't feel 160mg adderall, you need to accept that stimulants are not a productive solution and stop using them.