• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Self-Discipline?

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
so how do you guys organize your lifes?
what kind of habbits do you think make it better/easier?
how to avoid procastination/situations when you have a mad drive but you don't do shit?
don't you sometimes plan/get so ahead of yourself that you become lost?
I'm not asking for a way to succes but rather little things/"habbits" that make you more disciplined and help you keep yourself on track?

Organise? What's that?
The only habits I have make things worse
I'm a professional procrastinator with zero drive or motivation
Plan ahead? Is that even possible?
I have absolutely no discipline, but I do have a masters degree from the 'fuck it, it'll be alright' school of thought.

Hence my username...

try to stay calm and to try to never get too emotional and . . .. . . . . what was the question ☺?

self-discipline,
an old pharmacist lady which was a good friend of mine when I used to be in the univ in another town always told me that the step to overcome my addiction is self-discipline.
so I know that there are a lot of unorganized people like me that kind of have it togheter and maybe they have some tips to stay on track. it's not about staying calming and getting emotional, more about comitment,motivation and being more organized.

fubar you solved another mistery for me, I really wondered what was your name about

Okay, stay busy. And work out everyday. And then there isn't much time for ' everything else.'
Like your friend in the pharmacy, she was most likely busy 'working in the pharmacy.'

You have to stay busy doing something else you like, besides doing instead of what you don't want to be doing. ( as opposed to what you don't want to do) It's that simple.

The trick is that you have to stay doing something. yawn.

I have to check on my vape pen now, it charges on a battery.

edit: maybe this website might help.

in charging the pen or doing something? because doing something not really, I only procastinate on it lol

so yes, for sure, i want to get so many tasks completed but i have no motivation for anything
i do know what i would like to be able to succeed and accomplish, but i just can't quite yet.
someday maybe i will be well again, but i think that i have finally ran out of that forever again.

DISCIPLINE is just choosing
between what you want NOW
and what you want
MOST

brZogQ2.png

so make just do it
UVqJK0g.jpg

yours

Last edited:
I'm working right now, to make a plan, so that I can work daily towards getting my life in order.

What i need to do is:

1. Work out daily
2. Find a cure/relief for depression, anixiety and other things that will make me fail
3. Find a new place to live
4. Save up money to get new guitar

Point #2 seems to be the hardest one to deal with- it feels like all my problems are suffocating me like a pile of trash. I often just want to give up,
but I know I have to do something to make things better.

When there is no "gratification" that makes me feel good, I realize that I need to just "decide to do it" no matter what.

;)

So, I'm telling my mother what I'm gonna do, when I'm ready to start. Hopefully, in the next year, things will be better, and my life more rewarding and easier to live.

I thought of scheludes too, but I never went all the way through with them and compromised oftenly