• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs Selank + others

Working_Class

Bluelighter
I'm just about go pull the trigger on grabbing 250 mg of Selank, the vendor is out of semax, but when its back in stock I'll be purchasing 100 mg of it also. I passed my 2nd exam with no nootropics with a 91%, and found it very hard to concentrate. But, it's done, and I start upgrading highschool chemistry, alongside finishing physiology and anatomy in the next few months. It's just about time for one more experiment before I go back to steel stud framing to maximize my minimum tax bracket earnings for the year.

Other things I am going to trial are (again)
9-Methyl-β-carboline
Possible Bromantane

And some new ones

NSI-189
PRL-8-53

Anyone with any experience with any of these, feel free to chime in. Order should be here in the next 2 weeks or so.

9-Methyl-b-carboline is both a MAOI and a photosensitizer (sunburn risk). Not too sure on the safety of that one.

I gave it a run about a month back and it was good times. I tried a few things in that past experiment in isolation, and it definitely potentiates other nootropic drugs. On it's own, it still had an effect, just not as pronounced as with bromantane and semax. 10 days was quite a ride.

There is a big long thread about it in Longcity, and some of the anecdotes are spot on. It's expensive, novel, and yes a little bit on the unknown side as far as saftey goes.

In my experience, it also helped me quit nicotine (still haven't picked it back up) and it made cannabis use less attractive, same with alcohol, and I obviously avoided psychedelics during and 2 weeks after.

I did however do the last of it at about 15 mg / day for 4 days and try MiPLA. EiPLA is supposed to be a little bit more potent, but on the last of my nootropics, it seemed to pack a decent psychedelic kick. (The MiPLA that is)

All this aside, I loved IV semax. That has to have been by far my favorite nootropic experience so far. Clear head, good creative push and motivation, no jitters or anything like that. It was beautiful.

Having not tried Selank yet, I sort of have high hopes for it, as I do suffer from some anxiety on the regular, but I'm just a high strung individual as it is. Should be fun.

Do you have any personal experience with any of the mentioned chems sekio?

Last edited:
I don't, unfortunbately.

Semax and Selank always seemed a little ... strange to me. Not as weird as cerebrolysin (seriously, extract of pig brain IV? What the FFUUUUCK?) but the requirement for parenteral use rather than e.g. oral is inconvenient.
Bromantane I haven't tried but I did like memantine quite a lot at higher dosages.
PRL-8-53 I have heard of, it seems interesting enough, has at least some evidence to its safety in oral usage.
NSI-189 is presumably a totally novel mechanism for an antidepressant - so if you're willing to be a walking two legged laboratory, go ahead.

Memantine and Bromantane are in the same family of drugs (adamantane). It is thought that the affinity of memantine to the sigma receptor is at least partly responsible for some of it's pharmacokinetics, and it is also possible that bromantane shares some similarities with other drugs in this class. Although this is just speculation from a limited academic background. I've had a batch of memantine stashed away, but I've been apprehensive to give it a whirl since I've been studying hard for the past year. I may give it a whirl soon though at a low dose to feel it out. What was your experience with it like seiko?

The synergy of 9-methyl-β-carboline and bromantane seems to lie in the upregulation of transcription of the genes that express tyrosine hydroxylase. If I'm correct, that would be why 9-methyl-β-carboline didn't elicit a very profound effect as a standalone nootropic. But when combined with Bromantane, it was quite profound.*

*Edit; Any MAOI will cause a reduced rate of metabolism of monoamines, thus causing a build up of them in the CNS and peripheral systems. This is now a little more clear to me, and elucidates as to why caution must be exercised when administering MAOI's with any other drug. Start low and slow, you can always take more, but you can't UN_TAKE the shit once it's in circulation*

*I also have experience with Bromantane as a standalone compound and the same is true for it on it's own. Also, it should be noted that each does have a desirable (for me subjectively at least) effect, even though subjectively mild. If everything about their known / assumed pharmacokinetics and mechanisms of actions holds true, they both hold valuable potential for recovery and adaptation. The biggest possible negative attributes would be photosensitization from 9-methyl-β-carboline, and beta amyloid plaque formation from Bromantane. For this reason, I'll be keeping the courses of these drugs relatively short (14 days or so).

I would like to try to find an appropriate combination dose for the 2, as this would lower the amount of each drug I could administer and still see positive results. This would also presumably decrease the possibility of negative side effects, and presumably it will take some experimentation.

My proposed dose will be something like 10 - 15 mg 9-methyl-β-carboline, with about 50 to 100 mg bromantane. I may start with less though, to do a proper (ghetto) assay. 5 mg 9-methyl-β-carboline and 25 mg seems like a good place to start since I've already tried 15 mg (9-m-bc) with 50 mg (bromantane) of each compound simultaneously.

If I was to map out the quantity of each that I have, to make them last just as long as each other so they can be administered in tandem for more than one cycle, that would be ideal. However, I don't see that being a good reason to set a dose. The dose should be reflective of the best possible outcome subjectively.

The Selank, I plan on trying intranasal spray initially at a low to moderate concentration. I have 25 micron filters for making an injectable solution, and I will give nasal a try first, to see if it works. And whether it does or not, I will still experiment with sub Q, and IV to compare the differences. Logically, IV would be the best way to deliver the peptide to target organs before it breaks down in the body.

It should also be known, that just because a peptide breaks down quickly in the body, does not mean it's effect will be short lived. The downstream effects of the binding of said peptide will cause a cascade of physiological and genetic transcriptional changes / effects in the body.

All this information taken into account, I will be getting the compounds in question tested by mass spectrometry to verify their legitimacy prior to administration. I'll post all the results subjective and anecdotal as they unfold. Very excited for this round.

The goal is to increase desire to engage in productive behavior, reduce craving for adulterants, increase productivity, hopefully attain the same energetic boost as last time, and hopefully to reduce anxiety. This combination of goals is reflected quite readily by the proposed subjective effects of the specified nootropic drugs / peptide in question. I will also be paying attention to training. Since the last round, training has seemed subjectively much more difficult off the nootropics, however I am still dealing with the fallout after a decade of AAS use. March marks my 12th months post anabolics use, and I have an appointment with a private care doctor to see if I may benefit from HCG therapy, and if that alongside lifestyle changes does not bring my hormone profile to a more optimal range, we may consider testosterone optimization therapy.

Last edited:
Also, I took sekio's advice and didn't bother with NSI-189 or PRL-8-53. Too much unknown variability, not enough value for the investment. Another time perhaps.

Last edited:
So, I've gotten my package last evening and the anticipation was gnawing at me. So this morning, I got up at my usual 3:45 am and mixed up a 30 mg / 3 ml solution of Selank in a sterile bottle for injection.

Seeing as this is the nasal administration trial, I layed back on the couch, head upside down and administered 1 mg into each nostril by insulin syringe for accuracy.

Understanding the way this peptide works on the body, and relating my past experience from semax, I know it takes time for the peptide to elicit it's cumulative effect on genetic transcriptional processes. So although I took a massive "attack" dose of 2 mg, I am not expecting the clouds to part or the information in courses that I'm taking to somehow soak into me through osmosis without any effort. I believe it's a huge misconception by nootropics users who are expecting some sort of immediate shift in perception because they watched the movie "limitless", or they are familiar with drug experiences of the past. This will be a 7 day trial, where I will pay attention to the changes that cumulatively manifest.

With that being said, I have had an appreciable amount of anxiety in the last week, juggling a course where the material presentation is disorganized at best, and the teacher's writing is illegible, and he uses a computer projector and scrolls as he writes. So you can't even try to copy the notes as you go, its like a child's scribble that flickers as he writes and scrolls. It is extremely disconcerting, but luckily the information is easily obtained elsewhere. Also, I had asked my doctor to be put back on dexadrine 10 mg for the last 2 months of these courses. After 5 days back on it, I remember very clearly why I stopped taking it regularly in 2016. So today is the last day of 5 days on 10 mg, it is extremely anxiogenic, and the effect it has on blood pressure and overall stress response is too intense. With all this in mind, today is the last day on D-amph @10 mg, and the first day on Selank @ 2 mg nasal administration.

I'll pay attention to how things develop during the day. It's not a miracle that I'm trying to experience, just a subtle amelioration of the "edge" of my anxieties. Yesterday a friend in class was trying to be helpful, but the stress made me very dismissive towards his efforts. I felt bad, but it's just how I react when I feel overwhelmed by time crunch and poorly presented course material. I'll try to incorporate some mindfulness practices and just go with the flow.

Last edited:
So I tried selank for 7 Days via nasal Administration. How I went about it was 2 mg in 20 units (0.2 ml) of bactiostatic water. Half up each nostril. Head tilted back, measured via insulin syringe, letting the drops coat the upper sinus where the olfactory epithelium are present as this leads to the sensory neurons which are directly attached to the limbic system, with vasculature that I would imagine circulates near the brain for at least some distance. I did my best to make sure the peptide would do what it was there to do. Soak into the bloodstream.

What I found was, initially there was some discernible physiological effects. One of them being that my blood pressure would temporarily drop a little bit lower than it was upon my initial morning readings. The difference was around 5 mm Hg on systolic and no significant change in diastolic. I experimented with it both on and off dexadrine, one thing that I noticed while on dexedrine is that it seemed to heighten the focus I would experience, while not really attenuating to the anxiety that I experience on it, which was fine.

I didn't go into this experience expecting an anxiolytic effect similar to benzodiazepines or anyting in the GABAergic realm. My personal understanding of anxiety is that it is more of a personal mental state that we condition ourselves to live in. And I genuinely believe that anxiety should be managed through mindfulness practices and trying to live in a way that doesn't produce more of it. Anyways this is kind of besides the point.

On days off of the dexedrine, I was noticing when I would go for my daily walks that I would see things from their best angle in a way that was very similar to the way I observe while on hallucinogenic compounds. For example, when you're walking and you see a plant from just this beautiful angle, everything seemed to just be shed in that light of it's best side. Besides that, and I found this very subtle, but I noticed also that my memory was a lot sharper and more photographic than it is typically. I would go to talk about a topic and I wouldn't be searching for words. It wasn't super apparent immediately, it took a little bit of feeling out to see how things were developing. But I believe that was different than my baseline, which to me is indicative of a positive result.

One more possible finding is that the day I decided to start, I noticed I had the feelings of a cold coming on and one swollen lymph node under my right jaw. It cleared up in 2 days with no development of a cold, and training felt a lot less forced than usual.

The next trial will be via injection after a course of experimentation with 9-methyl-β-carboline and Bromantane. It's day 5 on that particular combination slowly working doses up from 5 mg 9-methyl-β-carboline and 25 mg bromantane, to currently 15 mg and 50 mg respectively. I'll wait a few days before deconstructing my subjective 2nd experience with these and let things unfold a while.

I suppose it should also be mentioned that I've been using a few different supplements for my aching joints I have been finding fairly effective. Very simple stuff, MSM orally at around 1.5 grams per day and DMSO sprayed directly on to my knees or any aching tendons (elbows / forearms). So far I haven't had to skip a squat day because of pain and the weight I'm moving feels manageable / sustainable. Nothing spectacular, but I have adjusted my training on compound lifts to better reflect my rate of recovery. That would be, working up to easy singles (RPE of 8 ), and doing work back down using tempo, pauses and focusing on form / symmetry. Also lots of unilateral and balance work, and focus on diaphragmatic breathing incorporated with the valsalva maneuver (or blocking, as in breathe into lower abdomen and brace), even after years of training this, it still needs work to adjust any bad habits that may develop over time getting sloppy with the ebb and flow of periods of motivation and demotivation. I've also gained weight (5 lbs of morning weight in the last few weeks) while eating in a minimalist way to help my financial situation stay above water. All positive things, no big rush for any particulars. Just letting things develop as they happen.

Last edited:
I stopped taking 9-methyl-β-carboline because I was finding it anxiogenic, and instead have kept taking 50 mg of bromantane in the morning with coffee. Training has been better than usual, and this is making a lot of sense now seeing as this drug is synergistic with conditions that are challenging for the body.

Some things I've noticed that are quantifiable are, it is more difficult to get my heart rate up to 150 BPM, my muscles seem to come closer to exhaustion before I can get my heart rate past that range. One of my common training practices is to get HR up to 150, and bring it down to 120 BPM as quickly as possible. Heart rate control ties in with breath work, and sympathetic / parasympathetic balance, one of the things I'm trying to tap into through focus and intent. But the increase in stamina is definitely noticeable, recovery also seems heightened to an extent as I'm sore but not crippled after training, which means I can again push myself the following day. Also, MSM and DMSO have been helpful for tendon and joint pain. Being that I won't take steroids for the foreseeable future (until my levels just will not hang around the "mid range" mark any longer), this is a huge boost and a very welcome find. Training is my #1 pass time aside from studying and experimenting with various molecules that affect physiology in some way.

And another very appealing aspect is motivation enhancement. My mood is more positive, and the comparison between the anxiety I get on 10 mg of Dexadrine vs 50 mg of Bromantane is clear.

The main differences for me are, Dexadrine produces a pushy stimulant motivation that fades into a highly adrenergic sensation of tension and uncomfortable distancing of blood pressure readings (higher systolic, lower diastolic and higher resting HR). While taking the medication at 2:30 AM before waking up helps dampen the peaks and valleys it produces, it is still very uncomfortable for me.

Bromantane, on the other hand is much more mild. It does help produce a more overall positive head space, but if one were to compare it to a traditional stimulant, dissatisfaction would probably result if the push is what was being searched for. The stimulation is more organic feeling, but much more apparent when baseline is low. Where this one really shines is in training, which does make sense. It had been used as a performance enhancing drug for years by Russia, and the motivational push and resistance to high temperature exposure I can attest to. A 15 min sit in an 80°C sauna is easy, while 10 - 12 mins in the same sauna turned into clock watching for me before experimenting. The stuff won't make you into the terminator, just like testosterone won't turn a regular guy into Ronnie Coleman. It takes a large amount of personal effort and drive to make appreciable progress, and the top end of physical effort is definitely where this stuff shines, you have to be prepared to be in an uncomfortable range of exertion. At this end of the spectrum, the effects become much more apparent.

I'll be buying a wearable blood pressure monitor watch to help measure improvements / changes in my overall blood pressure in the near future. This will help illustrate how some drugs affect me more accurately in terms of cardiovascular function, and research won't be so subjective, but more quantifiable with numbers and such.

Anyway, I'm glad I decided to give Bromantane one more solo trial. Once this run is over, I think I'll use it in different points in training cycles to see if I can optimize the effects it has on training outcomes. This is something I haven't been able to find anywhere, people log their results about all kinds of performance enhancing drugs, but this one has largely gone under the radar and deserves a closer look. One more thing I would like to investigate is if there is any effect on endocrine function and liver enzymes with this drug.

These are things that I am in a position to test on myself as I'm getting some detailed blood work done over the next year to optimize my hormonal balance. It's 500$ each blood test quarterly for a year, so it'll be an interesting time to pay attention to lifestyle habits and make changes for the better.

Last edited:
I really took my time preparing some Selank in sterile vials for injection this morning. One vial is for a friend, he will be using it intranasal. Mine is for IV experimentation to see how intranasal compares to sub Q / IV.

I used a 22 Micron filter (one filter pore size 22 ųm) and dissolved 61 mg selank into 6 ml of bacteriostatic water. This preparation is sterile and suitable for injection (quality is high) at a concentration of 10 mg / ml. You wouldn't be able to verify this level of quality without having done the suspension, sterilization procedures or measurements by hand. Which I have done. It took about an hour, but I'm happy with the end product.

So today will be trial 250 mcg, with possible 2nd injection of 500 mcg

And Bromantane at 56 mg + 1 cup of strong coffee.

At this point, I recognize that 9-methyl-β-carboline is powerful stuff and doesn't add anything useful to the effects of bromantane. Rather, the dual upregulation of tyrosine hydroxylase, alongside the MAOI A / B action is quite a ride. Overly stimulating. So 9-methyl-β-carboline is going in the box for experimentation alongside home extracted DMT for oral administration in the future.

For now, Bromantane and Selank combo will be an interesting 7 - 14 day experiment. As I've determined that Bromantane is quite incredible in it's own right, and intranasal Selank was efficacious, I believe the combination will produce some desirable mood lift, motivational energy and mild psychotropic effects. I'll report back in a few days.

I finished the course of Selank and have made up 2 other batches for friends to try.

Major take home points being, I had a cold coming on at one point with a swollen lymph node and it completely resolved by day 2 using selank via intranasal administration. The clear headedness was nice, not as apparent of a subjective effect as semax but still present. The outward appearance of scenes as I passed them was more picturesque, my dreams were vivid and memorable, and during the 2 weeks I did try it as a stand alone for 7 days, and with bromantane and ocassional other stims. It seems to be pretty great for reversing the fog after a lacking night of sleep, but it's not pushy by any means. All in all, it's interesting and I will be repeating after a time off the drug. Probably going to stick with subcutaneous injections, IV did induce a slight cerebral rush, but the steadily rotating veins didn't feel super worth while over the long run.

As for bromantane, I've noticed a marked increase in difficulty maintaining the level of conditioning I reached while on. Being off, strength in terms of high power output low rep scheme doesn't seem affected as I've hit some of my better clean (no steroids or ergogenics) numbers recently off the compound. But the endurance and motivation aspect are both significantly different off as opposed to on. While on my last week of 50 mg / day, I had been going on huge bike rides with long ascents and repeating the ascent after a decent. About 3 hours of non stop and I was more hungry than tired. My normal ride is typically something like an hour and a half. So that was worth noting. All in all, excellent for endurance training, and subtle increase in motivation / cognition. That pretty much concludes this report. I might include whatever else I find in the next 7 days.

The only thing I can think of aside from what I've written already is, I noticed getting up in the morning is much easier on bromantane and getting to sleep is more difficult.

Last edited:
Your injecting these? Can you get them tested some how? Im just concerned with purity. I used to buy alot of nootropics without issue. But idk if i injected them it might be a different story.

Just the peptide. And it is possible to get mass spectrometry done, though it'd be difficult for them to disern what sort of % each component constitutesthe whole sample. It's a pretty uncommon item for drug testing facilities, so the chance that they'll have Selank in the database is rare unless you paid and sent the shit to an analysis facility that is capable of telling you the whole composition of the peptide. Only way to figure out if it'll fuck your life up or not is to throw it in your body someplace starting at a low dose, and work your way up to the intended dose. People have injected much worse things, just surf some of the forums and you'll hear (or read rather) some wild fucking stories haha.

I would wager that a lot of these nootropics places are getting the powder from some overseas vendor, with largely unverified purity anyways. The process with self administration is always to start with a fraction of a dose and escalate from there if no adverse events are noted. I always check blood pressure and keep pretty detailed notes on most of my first administration. One obvious safety measure being try it via some other ROA like intranasal at a low dose, and feel it out from there, which is how I swung this one.

Others would be like a few micrograms taste, wait a few hrs, then a mg, wait a few hrs etc. Starting with a full dose has gone bad for some people in the past who had taken one thing thinking they were aware of the drug's identity, while it had been mistakenly marked as something it wasn't blah blah. If you're unsure, start low and slow. Volumetric dosing is the easiest way to ensure you know the exact amount that you've put in your body.

Selank and Semax I took together most of the time but I defeintely noticed them to be simultaneously anxiolytic and a bit of nervous drive and energy that eventually, probably just personal psychology and dealing with time and will etc., my day would even out my days felt pretty successful. You don't always want to be taking both of them every day for 3 months straight tho, be sure to have off days every now and then. good on you for going on with this,

Ya definitely a "cycle on, cycle off" kind of thing.

Ill be starting one more round of 14 days at 2 mg a day with a drug naive individual (my spouse) and she'll be able to tell me her subjective experience from a non drug user's POV. That should be useful insight.

Also, we were planning on using it 1 week pre and 1 week post an LSD trip, to partially (supposedly) boost immune function. Its a shot in the dark, but if the studies online are at all true, couldn't hurt during flu season. Might even go 10 days pre 10 days post.

I'm really interested to hear her remarks on any subjective effects. She's done phenylpiracetam maybe 6 times and ALD-52 once. Aside from marijuana 3 times, she's quite pure and unadulterated. Perfect candidate for nasal administration and review.

So we started another Selank experiment, but the Ms. just isn't receptive to taking anything any way other than pill form orally. So she opted out at day 3 with no real discernible effects.

I'd done about 14 days at 2 mg intranasally and found a slight effect, but nothing close to injecting via any route. For the most recent comparison, after a consecutive 14 day intranasal course, I tried injecting the same dose sub Q and definitely felt quite a different cerebral sensation arise from that ROA. These could be just subjective anecdotes, but yesterday (sub Q day 1), I fell asleep at 9 pm for the first time in probably weeks, and am up easily at 4:30 AM. I did 2 exams yesterday, one conversion equation exam where I just didn't have my head together and bombed with 65%, but the midterm was a success at 95%, I'll be practicing the conversions longhand to get that deficit fixed. It's not necessarily the conversions or the math that had me fucked, it was more of a choking because of stressing about time constraints. Watching the clock run down made me seize up cognitively, it was a bit of a mindfuck. Anywhoo, moving on... Sub Q for 14 ish days.

I've been waiting for the school to figure out how they'll administer exams for weeks, so material has been fading with 6 exams pending. I've caught up and have 2 left at this point. One heavy one and one not so heavy one. I feel like I can relax a little now. I transition from my 1st full year of upgrading to work in early June, so things are moving along well.

I have some experience with selank, I have used it both subcutaneously and nasally. I find it rather subtle but it feels almost just adaptogenic. My good friend says he got a 10 minute long feeling akin to oxycodone and then started reading about people having opiate withdrawals from it, but I have to believe that's psychosomatic shit because I have never noticed even remotely any sort of effect like that. I have 50mg of selank and take 750-1000ug nasally generally. I probably won't reorder when it's gone.

9-me-BC on the other hand... that stuff is great. It gives a very noticeable mood and energy lift and makes me feel motivated and nice. I really like the stuff, I wish it was less expensive though.