• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Seizures upon CT/too fast a taper

speedballs_over

Bluelighter
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25257739 - you'll have to get the entire article to get to this information:

I know this has been covered before, but with the availability of some RC benzos apparently diminishing (or at least reports from people being "cut off" from their supply) this cannot be overstated. Status epilepticus often kills within minutes to an hour if untreated. You cannot treat yourself, you will not know this is happening until it's too late and you feel yourself slip into a seizure - that's the last thing your conscious mind will have thought - "oh, fuck", if that.

If treated - someone will have to be with you or find you ASAP and get you to an EMT/ER ASAFP:

Between 10 to 30% of people who have status epilepticus are dead within 30 days

Please, for the sake of you and your loved ones if you have to CT benzos go to the ER or your physician and tell them what's going on within the first 6 - 12 hours of abstinence. I'm being very conservative, I'm not a physician that's why.

I predict these events among people under 25 will generate the next wave of drug related deaths in america and possibly world-wide even though they are w/d induced - regardless this will hit (inter)national prominence within a year, ime (e = estimation) due to the lack of/too little HR information being circulated concerning benzo abuse/dependence.

Be well, be safe, don't be a fool and think it can't happen to you.

Anyone care to add, clarify or disprove please post....

Last edited:
Good post! Be carefull guys. Don't abuse benzo's, avoid these situations.