Seized property. Got a letter from Customs (first this this has happened, not sure what to do)

The only thing that had been in the media about anything like that before was a 1993 wire service story about people making methcathinone in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and one man losing so much weight that his glass eye fell out. The natural Qat is a lot healthier for people, I think, especially since people who make the homemade stuff are not all gifted organic chemists and can leave all manner of solvents and unreacted precursors in it. Which I guess some self-destructive folks say makes the high better.

Manganism (manganese toxicity, not an allergy to Japanese Manga comic books) is the issue with homemade methcathinone as it necessitates the use of potassium permanganate

Manganism (manganese toxicity, not an allergy to Japanese Manga comic books) is the issue with homemade methcathinone as it necessitates the use of potassium permanganate

So not only is there "green cat" there is pink cat too? KMnO₄ is used medicinally for some part of treatment of wounds and some skin infections, but since it is also a wicked oxidiser, used in the total synthesis of a number of organic acids amongst other things, I imagine that taking it parenterally or snorting it would not feel good. Its efficacy as an oxidiser made it an ingredient in one of uMKhonto we Sizwe's favourite improvised demolition agents back in the day, as well as Plan, the Swapo equivalent of MK . . .

We used to use it in our recipes for homemade flash powder since it was much easier to obtain than potassium perchlorate, but yielded a much more unstable flash powder...

I heard some place that well under 50 grammes of flash powder, presumably the standard movie set stuff, could be seen from the Moon if it were set off -- presumably in a container with oxygen and/or extra oxidiser because of the lunar atmosphere being something like a millionth of a kPa of neon, sodium, and helium (they somehow determined the entire lunar atmosphere weighs about 10 metric tons) . . . can such things be?

@Nicomorphinist ^^^i doubt that...50 grams makes quite a flash (and could potentially detonate uncontained) but the moon is a ways away...certainly not viewable by naked eye at least....

Before 9/11, when i was in high school, my friends and i would take large trashcans full of ammonium nitrate and diesel fuel (ANFO) and detonate them using homemade acetone peroxide blasting caps. We would use a trailer to tow the garbage bins of anfo (which are highly stable and wouldnt have detonated even if we got rearended by a semi), and would keep the 40 gram acetone peroxide detonators in the very back of the big SUV in a chilled thermos and covered with heavy blankets. One of these acetone peroxide initiators went off with us inside driving down a bumpy dirt desert road (probably due to impurities in the sulfuric acid used) and it blew out the backwindows, deafening us for for quite some time. Without the heavy blankets ontop and our personal windows rolled down we might have had permanent hearing damage

Man when those trashbarrels blew it was intense. The scariest part was inserting the volatile acetone peroxide detonators into the ANFO. Zero chance of survival if one went off. We would have a multi foot green cannon fuse connected to the blasting caps, and ignite while on a running dirt bike.

Then terrorists blew it for us as far being able to play with explosive. Also we turned 18 so it was better to stop anyone. If i could do it again is used tannerite as a primary explosive (you can insert a firecracker into tannerite and voila, a safe and stable blasting cap).

You know, back in the 1990s I actually got US customs & excise Love Letters not only for tramadol from India but clonidine and tripelennamine from Canada -- so how do WMDs made in China hit the streets of the US and circle back from Mexico as counterfeit Vikes and kill enough people to fill a city like Rouen or Graz or Ontario, California, or Green Baby?

@Nicomorphinist ^^^i doubt that...50 grams makes quite a flash (and could potentially detonate uncontained) but the moon is a ways away...certainly not viewable by naked eye at least....

Before 9/11, when i was in high school, my friends and i would take large trashcans full of ammonium nitrate and diesel fuel (ANFO) and detonate them using homemade acetone peroxide blasting caps. We would use a trailer to tow the garbage bins of anfo (which are highly stable and wouldnt have detonated even if we got rearended by a semi), and would keep the 40 gram acetone peroxide detonators in the very back of the big SUV in a chilled thermos and covered with heavy blankets. One of these acetone peroxide initiators went off with us inside driving down a bumpy dirt desert road (probably due to impurities in the sulfuric acid used) and it blew out the backwindows, deafening us for for quite some time. Without the heavy blankets ontop and our personal windows rolled down we might have had permanent hearing damage

Man when those trashbarrels blew it was intense. The scariest part was inserting the volatile acetone peroxide detonators into the ANFO. Zero chance of survival if one went off. We would have a multi foot green cannon fuse connected to the blasting caps, and ignite while on a running dirt bike.

Then terrorists blew it for us as far being able to play with explosive. Also we turned 18 so it was better to stop anyone. If i could do it again is used tannerite as a primary explosive (you can insert a firecracker into tannerite and voila, a safe and stable blasting cap).

I knew someone who actually wound up with a small quantity of Mother of Satan either stabilised by impurities or residual moisture or something by mixing the ingredients in an atomiser to better clean up some upholstery that got stained during an accident shooting smack, then leaving it on the windowsill for two weeks . . . he flushed it down the toilet after I pointed this out, which with pure TATP would have different results, or not. Now they would probably do him like they did David Koresh.

The one time I saw the results of someone flushing firecrackers down a toilet, I guess they used ten firecrackers known as half-sticks and prodigious amounts of each of the first four Column I alkali metals. All five toilets and a couple of sinks were obliterated and the mens room was closed for a couple of years apparently. Whether they caught someone, I don't know. I do remember someone who had a dispute about an order from a shop in the Subway submarine/crocodile sandwich shop chain, and the morning of the day three days later, the employees found every single one of the toilets in the rest rooms filled with solidified Readymix cement almost to the rims. In the same city, there was a crazy bitch who protested being removed from the ballot for city councillor for filling in fake names on her petitions by filling six large cans with match heads and using them to blow up, ostensibly, 33 per cent of the holes on one of the city golf courses. One would think a bigger hole would be better for people playing golf, but at least one of them took out maybe 15-20 per cent of the whole green, putting area whatever it is called, with it and making a geyser by punching a hole in a pipe for the sprinklers. One of the neighbours said "it was like goddamn Caddyshack!" about the explosions, which took place at 3.00 on a Monday morning. Damn -- the anti-Versailles Treaty folks like the DNVP in Germany just used to mail packages of dog shit to people . . .

Last edited:

Ugh I remember one time in college I made some with potassium permanganate, a few times... it burned BAD to snort, of course then again other cathinones I've snorted have burned really bad too. I remember it was not very potent and I didn't really consider it worth it, but I probably made really shitty product.

Ugh I remember one time in college I made some with potassium permanganate, a few times... it burned BAD to snort, of course then again other cathinones I've snorted have burned really bad too. I remember it was not very potent and I didn't really consider it worth it, but I probably made really shitty product.

What percentage of the 1.8 mg Recommended Daily Allowance for manganese do you think may have been in there?

There are various drugs which deliver vitamins and minerals, for example, a small amount of Vitamin B₃ (nicotinic acid, niacin) which is attached to morphine to make nicomorphine, and sodium erythorbate is closely related to ascorbic acid and therefore has about 2 per cent by weight of the Vitamin C activity of ascorbic acid.

Sodium erythorbate, the one people think is earthworms in processed food, is one of a number of salts including all of the Column I, Column II and a number of others save the radioactive ones, is a salt of erythorbic acid, also known as dextroaraboascorbic acid (with ascorbic acid being the levo isomer) and isoascorbic acid is used in a number of products as an anti-oxidant. There are also ascorbates and citrates of all of those metals, with potassium erythorbate and strontium citrate being two of the most widely used. For the life of me, I have never come across a mention of the racaemic mixture, d,l-ascorbic acid

Citric acid is another kettle of fish -- it is closer to tartaric acid than ascorbic or isoascorbic acid.

Malonic acid, the barbiturate precursor, and maleic acid, whose salts are many of the alkyamine antihistamines and a number of other drugs; including some narcotics, are also in very common use.

Cut an apple or pear in half and brush lemon juice onto one half and one can see a notable difference in 18 to 36 hours, sometimes sooner. Citric acid does not appear to have appreciable Vitamin C activity.

…......……..Erythorbic Acid …................... .Ascorbic Acid ................…....Citric Acid ...........................Tartaric Acid

Last edited:

Hey at least you didnt use potassium dichromate, which had sometimes been use to rid ephedrine/pseudoephedrine's hydroxyl group in this synthesis. As far as I recall chromium doesnt even have a RDA.

Manganese toxicity is more of a chronic thing. Drinking water in some third world countries (i believe in industrial parts of Bangladesh or India) can have water with a few mg of manganese per liter). Chronic use of KMn04 derived methcathinone can cause a Parkinsons-like disorder however.

Hey not sure if this is allowed, but I got a letter in the mail from Customs saying they seized my property (had free samples sent in the mail)

On one of the pages (there were 5), it asked to 'check 1 of the 5 following choices and send the paper back to them'. It says "This form should be completed and returned to U.S. Customs and Border Protection" (a picture of it will be attached to this thread).

This has never happened and im worried. Do I absolutely HAVE to send this back? Or can I just forget about the stuff and let them have it?

View attachment 13542

Find your nearest trash can and toss it. You’re fine. I’ve gotten several over the years.

Hey at least you didnt use potassium dichromate, which had sometimes been use to rid ephedrine/pseudoephedrine's hydroxyl group in this synthesis. As far as I recall chromium doesnt even have a RDA.

Manganese toxicity is more of a chronic thing. Drinking water in some third world countries (i believe in industrial parts of Bangladesh or India) can have water with a few mg of manganese per liter). Chronic use of KMn04 derived methcathinone can cause a Parkinsons-like disorder however.

Potassium (VI) dichromate is one of the main poisons in the Flint, Michigan water situation, correct? There is 35 μg RDA of chromium for men, 30 μg for women and 25 μg for children, presumably in the III IV or V oxidation states.