Seized property. Got a letter from Customs (first this this has happened, not sure what to do)

Chris42393

Bluelighter
Hey not sure if this is allowed, but I got a letter in the mail from Customs saying they seized my property (had free samples sent in the mail)

On one of the pages (there were 5), it asked to 'check 1 of the 5 following choices and send the paper back to them'. It says "This form should be completed and returned to U.S. Customs and Border Protection" (a picture of it will be attached to this thread).

This has never happened and im worried. Do I absolutely HAVE to send this back? Or can I just forget about the stuff and let them have it?

IMG_0071.jpg

I seems like you only need to respond if you want it back. What was in it? AS's?

I seems like you only need to respond if you want it back. What was in it? AS's?
Ahhh okay I gotcha, thanks!. I wasn't sure, because they have a checkmark for "I Abandon the property". And it was Raw Steroid powder. (which can eventually be made into AS. Ie. homebrew)

Im surprised they even sent me a letter, which how much shit the seize on a daily basis. They must send out a lot of them, im guessing.

We call it a love letter lol. Frame and hold on to it as a keepsake and don't order international again lol. Or have it sent to someone else under a different name. Shit happens.

I’ve only known one or two people to get one and they trashed it and planned on saying they never got it and no idea about anything if they got asked. As far as I know they never heard anything more about it

We call it a love letter lol. Frame and hold on to it as a keepsake and don't order international again lol. Or have it sent to someone else under a different name. Shit happens.
Im surprised they sent it from oversea's...the people I got the samples from send stuff domestic and international. I don't know why they just didn't send it domestically. But I will NEVER order international again haha. Thanks for the reply brotha.

Is there a box that says "Wasn't mine, no clue"? Because that's what I'd be checking.

And I know right?! "I have no idea what this is! I didn't buy it!" hahaha

Dont know if someone mentioned this,but dont use same address again its burnt.
Thanks brotha, nobody mentioned that. Ill just be ordering domestically now. Defintely wont risk it again. Id rather not waste my money haha (if it gets seized)

Customs is a pain,back in the day unless you were ordering hard drugs you were golden.Domestic more expensive ,less hassle and less risky.
Yeah, Ive never "ordered" (they were free samples) internationally before so I really didnt think much of it. I really thought they would have made it successfully, seems like every person who's ordred from them always got their order. Oh well. Plenty of domestic suppliers.

For me, id rather pay more (even though the gear is cheap as fuck) just for that 100% guarentee (of not getting seized).

This is bordering on legal advice, but hasn't quite reached that point yet I think. If you are contacted again to send them a response then I would just abandon the product and let them have it avoid anymore trouble with them.

Game show host : "Let's see what's behind box number 3"!

Dude you’re fine. I’ve gotten several over the years and they go right into the trash can. I WOULD NOT recommend filling it out and sending it back lol

Sucks your stuff got seized.

Ahhh okay I gotcha, thanks!. I wasn't sure, because they have a checkmark for "I Abandon the property". And it was Raw Steroid powder. (which can eventually be made into AS. Ie. homebrew)

Im surprised they even sent me a letter, which how much shit the seize on a daily basis. They must send out a lot of them, im guessing.

You can also get a P.O box and have it sent to you under a different name. I used to go with Alice because it sounds like Alias lol.

Gotta love those "we took your shit -Feds" love letters.
Happened to me once. Never order spores and a grow kit together I guess. Actually I sent it to this kid in lunch I talked into "sponsoring" me growing and selling shrooms in high school. Feds seized the package. We never went to try and get it.

6. I REQUEST THAT CBP STOP BEING A LITTLE BITCH, BLOCKING MY GAINS. I p̶a̶i̶d̶ ̶g̶o̶o̶d̶ ̶m̶o̶n̶e̶y̶ spent time ordering said property for a scientific inquiry, "Domestic vs. International Suppliers in Facilitating Muscular Hypertrophy, an n-of-1 Qualitative and Economic Analysis of Precursors", and said property is sufficient and necessary for expeditious continuation of the investigation. Pursuant to 19 U.S.C. § 1614, please send the property to the address designated originally in this notice.

Yeah, keep it for the memories.

Here in Oz if you get one of those it means they're not going to follow up on it.they just want you to know that "we took your shit and now we know about you so you better stop doing whatever it is your doing".never heard of any follow up from receiving one.

I got a letter like that about 15 years before tramadol was controlled in the US and of course did nothing about the love letter but let the shipper know -- they sent an apologetic email calling customs & excise arseholes and fascists who don't know what they are doing and then sent me treble the original order plus 40 tablets of dihydrocodeine and samples of about five other things like ER codeine, tetrazepam, Sexy Trihexy, and clonidine in a hollowed-out book wrapped in about five layers of paper for no extra cost.

I guess what one really needs to worry about is a fair quantity of a controlled substance, especially a politically incorrect one like hydrocodone, oxy, DHC, or benzos, being delivered by a means not expected like registered mail or an overnight courier when one did not expect it and it actually being the cops. That happened to a bunch of people ordering Qat from the Near East and Africa in several cities in the US back about 2000 or so. The only thing that had been in the media about anything like that before was a 1993 wire service story about people making methcathinone in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and one man losing so much weight that his glass eye fell out. The natural Qat is a lot healthier for people, I think, especially since people who make the homemade stuff are not all gifted organic chemists and can leave all manner of solvents and unreacted precursors in it. Which I guess some self-destructive folks say makes the high better.

Last edited: