Recruiting Seeking participants for an interview on design and impact of Bluelight

Skeebs

Bluelighter
Researchers from Lehigh University (PA, USA) are seeking participants for an online interview (e.g., Skype) concerning your experience with Bluelight, which builds on our prior interviews with moderators. The study examines the technology design of bluelight.org and its interaction with the goals, attitudes and behaviors of community members. There is also an emphasis on your attitudes towards privacy, including the ways you manage your own information online and the risks you perceive in doing so. The interview should take approximately 30-60 minutes, and we are willing to accommodate a variety of methods (e.g. video, audio-only, IM).

These interviews are the second part of larger study on the information practices of Bluelight users. We previously interviewed moderators, which helped shape our interview process and led to a brief workshop paper at the CSCW conference. You can find a link to that paper in the previous recruitment thread here.

You must be 18 years or older to participate. If you would like to participate or know more about the study, please send a direct message to me (Skeebs), or contact me via email at [email protected]. My name is Patrick Skeba, and my advisor is Prof. Eric Baumer, you can find some information about our lab and previous work at https://das-lab.org.

This study has received ethical approval from Lehigh's Institutional Review Board.

No deadlines have been passed yet!

Send me a PM or email if you're interested, I'd still like to hear from more people.