• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Seeking advice for dihydrocodeine binge

DHC_kitten

Greenlighter
Hi guys,

SWIM has a slight tolerance to codeine and dihydrocodeine, has been using them for about 2 months about twice per week on small doses. started on 60mg of codeine and then went up to 200mg, with DHC SWIM started on 90 and went up to about 180mg).

Last night SWIM consumed a fairly big dose of DHC, 360mg spread out from about 10pm - 4am. SWIM was definitely very high and had a nice (if a little itchy) time.

SWIM wants to have a few more dihydrocodeine pills again tonight as he has a batch burning a hole in his sock drawer, so my question is: what are the potential health hazards of having a bit more DHC tonight (which would total half a gram of DHC in the space of 24 hours), is it going to do long term damage to SWIM? or would it be fairly safe?

Might be worth also mentioning that I take diazepam (20-30mg) and zolpidem (10mg) about one a week each to help sleep.

Any links to articles on the health risks of codeine and DHC for long and short term use would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Codeine and DHC (and other opiates) are fairly safe to take and have very few physical side effects, so long as you know your tolerance and don't take more than you should (risk of overdose). If there is acetaminophen in your DHC tablets, it can be hard on your liver. People die from acetaminophen OD, especially drinkers, so be careful. I think you can safely take your DHC again tonight. Just be careful not to go on too much of a bender, because sooner than later you will end up hooked on codeine... then, who knows?

Dihydro never gave me a great high, I would get slow breathing at 120mgs......I did 240mgs wondering why I couldn't get high, & my breathing really slowed down & got kind of scared......but it completely took mynpain away.

Codeine on the other hand I get really high on.....I guess my body doesn't break down Dihydro very well?

Strange......then my gf starting snorting the DHC, & I hate snoerting but tried it just to see, these are pure 120mgs of DHC, & I got really high off of 2 small lines. Weird how things work out.

As for your question, you are safe ad long as you know your limits & there isn't any Tylenol in those pills.

Big thanks to the both of you. I'm going to go ahead with 210mg tonight and then not touch anything opiate for a while.

These are pure DHC pills, no paracetamol or anything :D

@TheLostBoys I've heard of people who also feel very little from one, and feel great on the other, so yeah I guess everyone reacts differently to different things, and DHC just isn't your forté

Yeah, I started with codeine and 11 years later I'm on Suboxone having been addicted to morphine/heroin and then spending 2 years on methadone. At this point you can't even imagine how much you can lose.

As your tolerance raises, you do more and more, morphine-like opioids aren't much toxic (at least in the short term, you can google some articles on morphine's neurotoxicity). At the end of my journey with codeine I was taking up to 800-900mg of codeine at once and it was far from my first experiences at 150mg. I was spending so much money on codeine that it paid off much more for me to switch to morphine and when my source was gone, I had to switch to heroin...

With codeine re-dosing doesn't really work well unless you wait at least 12 hours because codeine blocks the enzyme which metabolizes it to morphine. I'm not sure to what extent this is true for DHC as it seems that it's fairly active on its own unlike codeine, so its effects don't fully rely on its conversion to dihydromorphine. I can't tell from my own experience as apart from single uses of DHC, I only used extended-release form of DHC on a more regular basis.

@adder I think you're right about waiting to redose, I just had 300mg and can't really feel much. the other day I was feely woozy off of 120mg. Thanks for your input too, I definitely don't want to go down the path of switching to heroin :\

first of all, that sounds like a lot of codine, and dihidrocodine is even more potent. Such drugs, like many natural and synthetic compounds must be broken down by the liver. Therefore in the long term their may be a risk of mild liver damage or atleast some kind of strain on its function. Also, opioids can affect absorbtion of nutrents, so it is good if swim consumes a good balanced meal, with plenty of protein, carbs and mineral/vitamin supliments and fiber. Antioxidents and magnesium help reduce tolerance, while fiber helps prevent constipation caused by opioid abuse.

Try leave 24 hours between doses, the high just isn't worth it otherwise.
There's no need to potentiate a dose that small though.
When I do codeine I do anything between 600-1200mgs at a time.
I think DHC is a bit shit personally but I'll do about 540mgs of that.
You are safe other than the fact you sound like your starting a habit. Hope that helped.