• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Seeing actual people on meth?

crazybinc

Bluelighter
I have been a recovering meth addict for 5 months now
when I first started it was small sacks usually. (.2-.4)
Of 76 purity on the average.I usually snorted .1 and
Smoked the rest in a strech of a day threw a 'blue dot'
Then on the average stayed up for 3-5 days at a time
Using .3-.4 a day untill I crashed. About 3 days in I started to see shadow people and then always
Random what looked like meth smoke floating around.
I'm guessing that's normal. But on a good amount of
Occasions normally at the 4-5th day I started to see
REAL people. Of course not really real just hallucinations. But they were random people some very
Scary. For example the worst was after 5 days one
Night at a friends and his/her room was small but I started to see homless people everywhere! I kept asking my friend 'who the fuck is that and he/she said 'its just us in here dude no ones there. The worst 2 ppl I saw
Were at first a girl sitting in the corner very very skinny
And super pale. Then the other was the worst... A homless guy on the bed I was using with a homless person sign.....the weirdest tho was walking down town
At night. This seems impossible. Me and my friend
Both saw a guy on a bench about 8 feet from us clear
As day! He was smoking a cig and I was trying to talk
To him and bum a smoke and when we got up
To him about 3 feet away clear as day he fadded away!
Wtf we both said 'wow wtf man' and got so scared.
Anyone experience the same???

Sounds like a combination sleep deprivation and being fucked on drugs - what else is there to explain?

^^ this.

This is a fairly normal reaction.. Sleep deprivation (you're spun out too??)

I started to see things that weren't real after 24 hours of no sleep. The longest I was ever awake (thank god I quit that shit. I would rather continue to be a heroin/fentanyl addict than EVER* do meth again, even just once. stuff is a monster of a drug) was 110 hours. The things I saw were as real as the book sitting on my lap, the ecigarette sitting next to me, or the late lunch I just made. You got spun out and are wondering why you were seeing these that aren't real? It is meth - it's no joke.

Totally normal. Don't use this drug anymore, and if you chose to, don't stay up past 24hrs.

Sleep deprivation and methamphetamine psychosis. You're abusing way to much meth way too often and you're not sleeping nearly enough. This is like tweaking 101. Please do a search about the drug you're abusing and learn more about it.

Also, if you're still seeing shit, and if you've been prescribed antipsychotics before, it's probably a good time to take one or seek medical attention. Methamphetamine psychosis is an incredibly dangerous and volatile state to be in and your chances of hurting or killing yourself or others skyrockets as do your chances of waking up in prison or restrained to a hospital bed in a psych ward.

I used to see a bunch of scary, deathly looking apparitions when I'd stay up for a long time on meth, too

Oh wait...those were just my friends ;)

as it's been said already, this is 101 stuff. I've only used Meth a handful of times since my DOC was heroin, but when I did it was horrifying. Not sure why I did it again after that first one but w/e. I think part of the difference with me was that I actually was taking Lamictal ( an anti-psychotic) on a daily basis. This should have been my first clue that using meth was a terrible idea for me. I mean I was taking crazy pills before I ever touched ice. WTF did I expect to happen when I shot up meth. I've OD'd on dope 3 times and I still think it's less scary than meth. Just FYI, if anyone is thinking something along the lines(no pun intended) of "I already take adderall/dexidrine, how much different can meth really be?" take it from somebody who thought that exact same thing. IT's totally different!

in short - yeah it is very normal to hallucinate real people when you push staying awake to extremes, even more common when you add drugs, and especially amphetamines. many experience reports about this online, read around OP. here's mine....

had a room-mate who used meth once or twice a week. usually he would dose when he woke up in the morning and be awake for a lil over 24hrs, then crash and be in bed for 15hrs. one time he decided to dose again instead of sleep - "what a great idea!" he immediately said after smoking. then instead of sleep around 12hrs later he smoked the rest of his shit, reason being "when i'm on meth i stay up till morning" i guess not realizing he already stayed up till morning and this was night of day 2. well he woke me up around 5am clearly deranged saying that a guy was in the house and he cant get him to leave. i'm like wtf, theres no guy here. he insisted there was a homeless looking black guy in a green jacket with grey hair and beard who kept diving behind the chair/couch/desk/whatever which is why he couldn't get him to leave - he was simply to fast and kept hiding.

i sniffed up half a bun of dope, hung out with him chasing imaginary man around for an hour then told him to go to sleep and i went to work. checked his room to make sure he was there when i got home and he was passed out. good.

OP has five months clean. I think he is just trying to rectify what he saw and get a little feedback from others.

I have stayed up shooting coke for a couple days once. I kept thinking my house was haunted, then I thought that the neighbors called the cops and that they were coming for me...at which point I went into the basement...bad idea....more ghosts.

Sleep deprivation and messed up dopamine make for interesting bed fellows.