• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Second stint in rehab

Prettyboy12

Bluelighter
I relapsed on BTH but got myzelf back to treatment. Im 47 days clean with no cravings this time. I do however still inject my dilaudid pills so I think that's why I have no cravings.

Well to be frank i wasn't a big fan of hydromorphone, which coincidentally, at the time i also had a IV tar heroin habit. Even when i didnt have that much of a tolerance IV hydromorphone felt like a waste of time and money, had a stimulating edginess to it as well, in many ways like hydrocodone (which make sense since hydrocodone becomes hydromorphone after ingestion).

Never got my hands on a vial of "Dilauded HP" injectable, or generic version. If i had that now I might have to try it, if I had syringes. I haven't IVed in many years, a decade, and my only internal rule is, regarding IV drugs is concerned is, "sure, negrogesic, you incurable but partially reformed dope fiend, you're occasionally allowed IV narcotics again, but only if its in the form of unexpired, non-veterinary, american brand names, vials or ampules". Fortunately i haven't come across it. I also dont search it out because one can find anything eventually. But if i had such a vial and a 30ish guage syringe i'd probably go to the bathroom right now and shoot maybe 2mg, my girlfriend would have no idea when negrogesic emerges minutes later with a shine in his eyes.

But in short i never really found hydromorphone very nice, had an edge too it and id need a bunch of the 8mg tablets and even then.