• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

Seasoned Veteran Emerges from the Shadows!

Panda_Eyes17

Greenlighter
Hello everyone!
I would like to introduce myself so everyone has a better idea of who I am and what I can contribute to this great community!

I have been interested in harm reduction from an extremely young age, and growing up I studied neuropsychopharmacology with more passion than any youth should ever possibly have for the subject. I was a regular user of this forum under a different pseudonym to learn as much as I could about such things, but now that I am an adult who has dealt with his fair share of consequences related to drug use I would like to give back. When I went to treatment for my condition I was actually told by the doctor at the facility that I would honestly be capable of doing his job, and he even went on to (half-jokingly) state that I should do just that so he could finally take a vacation now that he has met someone as qualified as he is to do his job. It took him some getting to know me to realize that my addictive personality led me to develop equivalent knowledge to that of his own through an alternative means, but once he realized this about me he was bewildered! He went to medical school for his knowledge, whereas I studied here for about the same length of time it had taken him to get his medical degree.
Its quite ironic really, but regardless this is my background!

I hope you all come to know and love me as those who know me in real life typically end up doing, and I hope to do the same with you lot!
Thanks for giving me your time everyone!
See you all around the forums now I suppose!

Welcome to Bluelight @Panda_Eyes17 !

As I am sure that you already know, Bluelight was created for the sole purpose of promoting harm reduction. Everyone that shares on what they know about harm reduction related to drugs etc. will help the other guy and girl out by providing them with a general idea on how a substance works.
There are tons of different trip reports that I have read about 2c-E and of the similar chemical, and when I took it for the first time I had a good idea on what I would experience.
New Member Guide
Just kind of look around in the forums, and find a category that you would feel most comfortable with in sharing some of your experience =)

Hey, what's up?

Took the doctor to school huh? That's something. Glad that we could help you reach that point. :)

Welcome back to Bluelight!

Thank you both very much, and I am very glad to have reached said point as well!

I am very grateful to have been blessed enough to have made it back :)

Hey, Panda_Eyes... absolutely love that as pandas hold a very real part of my heart. 🤗
Glad to have another sign-on which may shed a different/new/fresh perspective; always looking for this as it is pertinent to growth, in my opinion.
Welcome and make yourself at home... you are. :)
When I went to treatment for my condition
Am I allowed to ask what this condition may be? Not that it really matters but I have a super curious mind and like a kitten gotta touch, smell, taste, hear and look at every freakin thing around. This could be considered a condition I guess as it sure drives me nuts sometimes. hahaha
I studied here
So have they. 🤫 :ROFLMAO: Bet they wouldn't publicly announce it but they here. If I were head of any type of medical school I would make BL a required part of everyones syllabus regardless of specialty.
See you all around the forums now I suppose!
Hope so as I am excited at the prospect of peeking under the hood of another fine mind.
Don't be a stranger and looking forward to hearing more about your experiences (both pass and fail).
Best always,
P

Your old username might be a familiar one to many, hope you consider revealing.

It's no big deal, many have been accounts and for any reason.

The studying references are interesting, were you a mod here? I goof off and mess around personally, can't stay SRS for too long as my eyeballs fall out.

Am I allowed to ask what this condition may be?

Alcoholism; I had a nasty habit of drinking a bottle or two of vodka every day for a while that was getting a bit pricey. I decided to seek treatment, was clean for about half a year and then relapsed and went back to treatment. Things are under control now, but it actually wasn't directly because of the treatment I went through. Rather I used massive doses of 4-ho-dmt and 4-aco-dmt on an almost daily basis for a month before tapering off which seemed to properly "reset" the addictive process. I don't know how else to describe it, but I also (about a year later) treated myself a few times with LSD which allowed me to quit nicotine after having been addicted for over a decade as well. I am now a firm believer in psychedelics as medicine, and I would even go so far as to say I would more likely than not be dead without having taken matters into my own hands. The treatment center simply wanted to load me up with pharmaceuticals which I politely declined, but I did enjoy the "lessons" or whatever they considered them about drug abuse/addiction.

So have they. 🤫 :ROFLMAO: Bet they wouldn't publicly announce it but they here. If I were head of any type of medical school I would make BL a required part of everyones syllabus regardless of specialty.

I never even considered that!
Now that I think about it though, you have a very good point. Now, I think that this should be included in medical school as well; perhaps not for all specialties, but certain pertinent specialties yes.

Your old username might be a familiar one to many, hope you consider revealing.

It's no big deal, many have been accounts and for any reason.

The studying references are interesting, were you a mod here? I goof off and mess around personally, can't stay SRS for too long as my eyeballs fall out.

I prefer not to specify due to privacy concerns, but I wasn't a moderator or anything of that sort. As far as the studying references are concerned, I spent a lot of time here learning about novel psychoactive substances which led me to an in depth understanding of the older pharmaceuticals as well. I would typically gather information here, and if I didn't understand something I would seek additional information on PubMed or similar sites. I then went on to actually purchasing books on neuroscience and pharmacology which taught me a great deal as well.
And, of course Alexander Shulgin's work always fascinated me and it was actually what got me interested in the field of neuropsychopharmacology in the first place. Rather peculiar to most people, but I met a few individuals along the way that had a similar fascination. Of course, most of these individuals had a more shallow understanding than that of my own shy of one individual who actually learned most everything he knew directly from me of course. Haha :giggle:

Welcome Panda Eyes! You have a very interesting story indeed!

I had a nasty habit of drinking a bottle or two of vodka every day for a while that was getting a bit pricey.
Had issues with drinking lots when we were yungins and even later in life (briefly). As far as the "-ism" in
Alcoholism
: I share a similar affinity; namely benzodiazepines and/or gabergics. Lots more but this is my poison. Hits the same receptors and causes a lot of the same WDs... even unto death. And it can get a bit pricey, true that.
I am now a firm believer in psychedelics
I remember 40 years ago my first trip of lsd. It was something and I was at the beach with friends.
Had used shrooms multiple times prior to lsd but it was diffeent. Something changed in my head... do not know how to put it into words, ATM.
Would still trip if I knew it was "clean".
I am a believer as well as proponent.
I did enjoy the "lessons" or whatever they considered them about drug abuse/addiction.
I always like to listen and occasionally contribute to discussions re: drugs/addiction etc.
Seems I always learn and excel at what interests me. hahaha
Be easy.
Whats for breakfast?
😉