• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Search for pill for loneliness

Nicomorphinist

Bluelighter

I have a suggestion for the recipe -- something to cause open eye visuals of people, plus Sexy Trihexy and a big blast of morphine in there.

Are you lonesome tonight?
Are you in trouble tonight?
Are you sorry they disconnected your phone?
Is your garage door caved in
By branches a hurricane spins
Or is the roof on fire from a drone?
Did you park in Centralia, Pennsylvania and now you can't find your car
Is your neighbour giving out Valium for Halloween instead of some bars
Is your chest filled with pain?
Is your hand stuck in the drain?
Shall I summon emergency services tonight?

Last edited:
If we can make a drug that recreates "love" or one of those vague yet strong emotions then it better be completely side effect free. That magic pill is going to cause a brutal mental dependence.

Probably applies to a lot of us drug users here on bluelight but damn if this doesn't describe me. I wear a brave and cheerful facade but inside I always feel lost and infinitely alone. These lines from the article are spot on. I don't know about a drug. Might help in stimulating socialization, who knows.

Imagine a condition that makes a person irritable, depressed and self-centred,

“God, but life is loneliness, despite all the opiates, despite the shrill tinsel gaiety of ‘parties’ with no purpose, despite the false grinning faces we all wear,” Sylvia Plath

Loneliness increases both a desire to connect with others, and a gut instinct for self-preservation (“if I let you get close to me, you’ll only hurt me, too”). People become more wary, cautious and self-centred. The idea is to help people see things as they are, “rather than being afraid of everyone,”

exaggerated threat response in socially isolated lab mice, similar to the kind of hyper vigilance lonely people feel that makes them poor at reading other people’s intentions and feelings.

who would take part in a study that sounds so much like dystopian fiction. you couldn't convince me there was a non-placebo group and the study wasn't about something else.

i have days where before going to bed i'll realize i only spoke half a dozen words to one person, and they were "thanks" and "i don't need a bag."

tonight i was walking to the grocery store to get some cookies and an old lady was walking on (my) right hand of the sidewalk. i moved over to the left, because what do i have to prove to her. after i passed i realized she said, "good evening."

Last edited:
Can people imagine what a drug that reliably mimics love would do to the power structure, and the awful, horrific countermeasures they would undertake to counter such a thing? More than Reagan, more than Nixon, even more than Stalin -- it would be Pol Pot time again. The opposition to narcotics is a faint echo of such a thing.

Hydrocodone can feel like it depending on metabolism and other factors.

I'm sure all the recreational psychoactives are used for this purpose by some (most?).

I'm sure all the recreational psychoactives are used for this purpose by some (most?).

Yes that makes sense -- people take drugs because they make them feel better, and that includes self-medication for a whole host of conditions; since the narcotic withdrawal syndrome is a metabolic illness, essentially 100 per cent of users are self-medicating, something which also goes for -- with some serious additional issues like delirium tremens and grand mal seizures -- benzodiazepines, barbiturates, and non-barbiturate sedative-hypnotics including alcohol, chloral hydrate, and paraldehyde. The schizophrenia-tobacco connexion started to be noticed as far back as the 1960s, and I can also attest that tobacco is great for the residual grogginess and anticholinergic actions of various drugs. . .

I am sure that, when we factor in avoiding or treating abstinence syndromes that 85-99 per cent of all drug use is self-medication at some level. Which is not to say that drugs in general is not a hobby -- it is., just like collecting coins or golf .. .

Hydrocodone may be the love drug; when I started taking it as a young 'un it didn't reduce but actually enhanced a lot of things, and especially that first dose of 18 mg hitting my virgin opioid receptors actually was the same feeling as falling in love -- so I could have it 24 hours a day rather than 10 . . . it was one of my FWBs who introduced me to potentiators too. Why this was only partially the case with other 14-dihydromorphinones, well my working hypothesis is that stronger narcotics race by that particular CNS condition on the way to deep analgesia and a more cocoon-like euphoria. Oxycodone feels like eight lines of C-Jam, so that can be harnesses . . .

Hey guys, I have a cure for loneliness. Delete and ban social media. It will be like throwing the entire world into intense withdrawals for a couple months but they will soon go back out into the world and look for face to face connections that all human beings need. No amount of social media can make up for in real life human connection and socialization.

Probably applies to a lot of us drug users here on bluelight but damn if this doesn't describe me. I wear a brave and cheerful facade but inside I always feel lost and infinitely alone. These lines from the article are spot on. I don't know about a drug. Might help in stimulating socialization, who knows.

Imagine a condition that makes a person irritable, depressed and self-centred,

“God, but life is loneliness, despite all the opiates, despite the shrill tinsel gaiety of ‘parties’ with no purpose, despite the false grinning faces we all wear,” Sylvia Plath

Loneliness increases both a desire to connect with others, and a gut instinct for self-preservation (“if I let you get close to me, you’ll only hurt me, too”). People become more wary, cautious and self-centred. The idea is to help people see things as they are, “rather than being afraid of everyone,”

exaggerated threat response in socially isolated lab mice, similar to the kind of hyper vigilance lonely people feel that makes them poor at reading other people’s intentions and feelings.

This is what I love about BL,real people who leave the bullshit by the door,who aren't afraid to speak the truth...Well most of the time.

You're spot on somnilicious,anyone here reading this can understand and relate in some way.