Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

SE QLD Wino's Meetup

Status
Not open for further replies.

smileyfish

Ex-Bluelighter
Ok, so we've pondered the idea enough over here, now lets make it a reality!

Who would be interested? Who has prior knowledge of a local winery? Do we just want to meet up somewhere and get pissed instead?

Let me know and I'll harass Urbanhog into organising it ;)

Seriously, lets see if we can beat the southerners to it!

:)Smiley

Possible Wineries/Regions
Sirromet - Mt. Cotton - I've heard good things
Mt. Tambourine - Mr. & Mrs. Samadhi??
Stanthorpe - several places - most established local wineries

more?

YAY!

Thanks Smiley for bringing this up.... was getting bit distracted.

Took a while because seems there's a only small group of us interested, I was actually looking at the Granite Belt, I think it's about 2 hours drive from Brisbane.

And I looked up the wineries and there's fair bit of wineries in the Granite Belt:

Check out this link:

http://www.winediva.com.au/wineries/granite-belt.asp

just trying to work out the ones closet to Brisbane/GC so it won't have to be a "rush rush" type of tour.

Anyone give Smiley and Me rough idea when is the best time to gather?

Cheers,

Urbie The Wino %)

Otherwise if you guys can't be fucked or short of cash, we always can meet up in some place and BYO our wines and share our wino tales ;)

okay, we came back from Mt Tamborine, unfortunately we only got to trek to Springbrook Mountain Vineyard due to a dodgy massage therapist putting my back out :p which left me pretty much incapacitated for the rest of our holiday... I'd definitely say springbrook though, and i'd also love to check out the Mt Tamborine Distillery at some stage...

I also like Urbie's suggestion of meeting somewhere, armed with a variety of wines that we can all sample? We can have our own wine tasting!!!:)

I think having it after Easter is a great idea...we can all grab wines and Psychokitten can join in the fun! :)

Yeah why not, recently my mother and her partner went to a dinner party, where it was some sort of themed party, I forgot, but the condition to the party was you had to bring least 2 bottles one bottom priced ranged wine, but good enough, and other one top of the range, nice top notch wine (not "too expensive" but if you have the cash, feel free ;) ).

You had to cover the labels/take the labels off/bottle top foils off, and introduce your friends some sort of "blind" white tasting, and talk about the wine, learn more about the taste, armoa, guess what grape it is, what price range, good wine or crap etc etc.....

My parents told me they and her friends learnt a lot from that night, it's kinda like "sense training/wine tasting improvement course" because you are focused on your taste buds and smell. And they said it was interesting to compare how people "sense/smell" things differently, rather just reading the label statement "With nice plum, oak aftertaste.. blah blah" and people read that and "expect" that wine to be tasted to what the label said.

But the label cover/removal party "teaches" yourself more, and was interesting some liked the cheaper wines than the expensive.

Just a thought. :)

Better have a glass of wine *checks my mini cellar* even its St.Patricks day, just don't "feel" like drinking beer.

Urbie....

I'm all for a tasting party - I'll even offer my house as a venue. After Easter, or shall we have one soon and then another once the Kitten returns?

there's aaalways room for wine ;):)

name a time and a place,and we're there!!!

Do you also bargy?

ok, I nominate my place (so I don't have to go anywhere) and a Friday or Saturday night. Let me know which weekend/night you would like.

Each bring a bottle in the $15 - $20 range? Mix of red & white? I can put on some food as well, so we don't get too sloshed. Urbie I like your idea of the label-free tasting to really get a feel for the wines.

Any other suggestions/comments?

Sweet :D

Any weekend, but prefer Saturday arvo/nights. Anyway we always can worry about the tour later on down the track if we are all still keen and interested when the Psycho comes back from overseas. :)

I am looking forward to this, to see other's prefered wine tastes. :)

Urbie =D

Would like to come to this - but am shy :\

Will try and make an effort, it sounds much fun!

Come on Sunflower, I was shy before the first BL meet up ;)

Let make its offical.

Offical SE QLD Wino Night (or Day/Arvo) Saturday the 3rd Apirl?

I prefer any day, as long its Saturday.

Cheers

Urbie =D

3rd sounds good because I have the weekend off =D

But only if good for others. I can always meet up another time.

I'm not much of a wine buff (my prefered liquid doesn't mix well with alcohol ;) ) but a meet up always sounds good.

come along sunflower... haven't seen you for ages. do you still see tribal_t??

M

Hey dude ^^

Tribaltrancer (Ant) and I share a house so yeah, still out and about causing trouble on occasion ;)

Haven't been to the Jubes in a while so haven't seen you guys in ages either.

Cheers

=D

ok, Saturday April 3rd it is!
Afternoon - say 3-5pm-ish?
My place (inner west - will pm details)?
Bring a bottle $15-$20 range?

I bags bringing a red and will put on a few nibbles, though I'll need some estra glasses!

What say all of you?

So any of you kids live around Surfers?

Theres a possibility i am coming up for work monday and tues... but im going to see if i can come up on sunday to stay with family but wouldnt mind having coffee with a few if any live in the area??? :)
actually not a possibility its definate im coming for work, but i have opp to come earlier, so yeah... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.