• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Script from 2001, still good?

ElevatedSoul

Bluelighter
Ran into a script of some tylenol 3 but its dated from Dec of 2000. I know pills from 5ish years ago are still good, but what about nearly 15? Any help would be great. I know some pills past date are dangerous, but most just loose potency. Would it be harmful to take the tylenol/codeine 15 years after prescribed? Or would it just not do anything? Earlier in the year I got a script for the same pill and I could get a decent euphoric feeling off about 3 of them. I know how much it takes, and I've done it before, just not with 15 year old pills. Any insight would be very helpful!

Is there any mold on them? Are they still solid and crunchy?

I would say if they were well preserved they might work. Might have lost potency, might not have.

I am no expert other than I know I would have already taken them.

Is there any mold on them? Are they still solid and crunchy?

I would say if they were well preserved they might work. Might have lost potency, might not have.

I am no expert other than I know I would have already taken them.
I dont have a problem about taking some pills that lost potency. Its just that I've heard that some medication can change its make up (Or something like that) and can harm you/become toxic. As long as I know 100% it wont make me sick then I'll go ahead and try them out xD

I dont have a problem about taking some pills that lost potency. Its just that I've heard that some medication can change its make up (Or something like that) and can harm you/become toxic. As long as I know 100% it wont make me sick then I'll go ahead and try them out xD

you don't/cant know 100% they wont make you sick.

If it's still in the blister packs or was in an air tight container they'll be fine. I doubt they've lost much if any potency.

Antique bottles that contain opiates from the 19th century are still known to be very potent if the contents have be kept air tight.

Here in the UK the Govt' has a facility where it stores drugs and they have there original Heroin and other drugs from 1914-1915 and apparently (Seen this info' on TV from people who work there) they've lost barely if any potency.

you don't/cant know 100% they wont make you sick.
Lets put it this way, I need to know 1. they wont kill me 2. they wont make me puke. I know for a fact I am not allergic to either substances so its just the matter of them degrading into some sort of toxic material.

Here in the UK the Govt' has a facility where it stores drugs and they have there original Heroin and other drugs from 1914-1915 and apparently (Seen this info' on TV from people who work there) they've lost barely if any potency.

Love to get me some of that Royal Dope.

If it's still in the blister packs or was in an air tight container they'll be fine. I doubt they've lost much if any potency.

Antique bottles that contain opiates from the 19th century are still known to be very potent if the contents have be kept air tight.

Just in a script bottle. Does that count as air tight? lol

They aren't going to kill you. Codeine doesn't degrade into anything toxic.

If codeine normally doesn't make you puke, then this isn't going to make you puke.