• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Screen vs. No Screen

weekend addiction

Bluelighter
I've always used a screen in my bong and I thought it was basically common sense. However I have several friends who don't use screens. Why would you not want to keep your weed and subsequently your ash out of your bong?

I've only ever used a screen in my pipe and even then people around my area rarely use one. Just use an ashcatcher, it's what they're meant for.

I've only ever used a screen in my pipe and even then people around my area rarely use one. Just use an ashcatcher, it's what they're meant for.

But I sometimes see bits of green that gets pulled through when people do this...

I always used a screen if I'm smoking from a pipe, I don't want to be tasting ashes if I take too hard of toke.

But I sometimes see bits of green that gets pulled through when people do this...

Some people don't like having to empty the bowl every time it's cashed. It's easier just to pull all the ash through even if a rat nostril's worth of unburnt herbal slips through.

I used a brass screen in a bong with a metal bowl.

I did not use a metal or glass screen in a glass bong but the hole in the bong's bowl was not huge and I'd just put a nug in and then put busted up herb on top or just smoke the nug.

I only used brass screens in metal and wooden pipes and never in glass pipes and I've never used a glass screen in a glass pipe. I never got ash in my mouth with a glass bowl without a screen but I'd smoke out of a small bent sherlock where the ashes would just either stay in the bowl or else a bit would fall just directly down into the bowl.

When I smoked out of long glass bowls I never got ash in my mouth and it was not like smoking out of a one hitter with ground up herb where bits of the herb/ash hit your tongue.

I'd just use a big nug as a screen and just put busted up herb on top of it that's what mostly everyone I know who smokes out of glass bongs or bowls does and nobody uses screens with glass.

screens stop ash and bud going into the water.

screens make sure you dont waste bud by "plugging" the bowl with a bit of nug
and subsequently it goes into the water. (fucking retarded IMO)

screens make sure you can pull a bowl as fast and hard as possible without
having to worry about bud being pulled into the water.

screens are just common sense, but most american tokers seem to not use them.
the worst excuse ive heard is "they dont stay in the bowl.".
my answer to this is "dont be a complete imbecile, you clearly didnt try.
if you had you'd have realized you need to smoke out of it properly before
the screen will stay in place due to resination.".

Filter in my bong? thread

different types of screens-
New%20Screen.jpg

pipe_screen_20mm.jpg

23c59db6z11fc4459b8dz3e2c_500_375.jpg

NSFW:
HG07_DubitskyWong_PipeScreen.jpg

screens stop ash and bud going into the water.

screens make sure you dont waste bud by "plugging" the bowl with a bit of nug
and subsequently it goes into the water. (fucking retarded IMO)

screens are just common sense, but most american tokers seem to not use them.
the worst excuse ive heard is "they dont stay in the bowl.".
my answer to this is "dont be a complete imbecile, you clearly didnt try.
if you had you'd have realized you need to smoke out of it properly before
the screen will stay in place due to resination.".

Hold on, a piece of bud smaller than a BB-- shit, probably less than half the size of a BB-- is an imbecilic waste?

To me it's a necessary evil. Screens, though? Completely unnecessary, but nice to have. A luxury.

Keep in mind I've only got water pipes/bongs in mind, though. Some dry bowls definitely need screens or else EVERYTHING flies through and hits the back of your throat.

over time, all the small bb sized bits build up to a large amount you coulda smoked.
screens are hardly unnecessary.

the reasons i stated are very valid and like i said it ensures you dont lose ANY bud and can toke as you like without worrying.

over time, all the small bb sized bits build up to a large amount you coulda smoked.
screens are hardly unnecessary.

the reasons i stated are very valid and like i said it ensures you dont lose ANY bud and can toke as you like without worrying.

I guess I'm just not all that concerned with losing roughly .05g/g. :p

I used to have a screen in my bowl that I made myself out of loose staples. I thought it was clever until said screen became overly resinated and almost impossible to get a good hit from.

(I would include a pic to show my rather...intersting pipe, looks like some Egyptian tobacco pipe [incidentally, I originally got it for tobacco] that just happens to work nicely for bud. I'll put it up if someone asks me to.)

I use a regular pipe so a screen is a necessity. But I get less high with a dirty screen.

I soak my clogged screens in alcohol. (I use 151 rum.) Better yet, I should just buy a quantity of screens, like maybe a thousand.

indeed it is, & ramirez, please show!

& huaca, its usually about 25 screens for $1

screens get clogged. only time i ever used them was for my hash pipe, and i stopped doing that when i got me a proper vaping pipe

In a pipe i usually do, i have a tendency to lose them though, i bought two on friday and i got baked and lost them both. I never use them in a bong

i like a glass screen for a bong, but wouldn't use a screen for a bowl. with a bong, there's a larger hole, thus risking losing larger chunks of pot .. i also primarily vaporize, so i grind the weed so fine that i would lose A LOT without a screen. as far as a bowl goes, there's a smaller hole, and i'm often using my bowl in a place where i don't want to have to mess with a little resiny chunk of glass.

i have an ash catcher that does not suck through unless the material is completely burnt to ash, so screens are a moot point for me because i never need them with my bong. I Put one in my pipe though. and the vape requires screens. i don't use em unless i have to.

Glass pieces don't need screens so I never used them in mine. Weed doesn't get sucked though if you pack it right. I had a ceramic pipe and a metal pipe though that didn't work without a screen.