• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

school project- factors that influence teens when taking drugs

OpiateKiller

Bluelighter
Completed - I think you would benefit more on the outcome if this study if you dove deeper into specific causes like socioeconomic status, and specific questions like, “do you believe mental health issues in your family history has contributed to your substance abuse?” Just a thought best of Luck

OpiateKiller

Bluelighter
And my opinion the main factors behind substance abuse of teens are:

1. Trauma
2. Environment / Upbringing and normalcy’s of family life (if parents drink every day.. increases chance of child becoming an alcoholic by x %)
3. Genetic makeup
4. Peer pressure / group of friends choices
5. Parental influence of positive nature

personally I don’t think wealth is correlated to increased substance abuse by adolescents. I think poor, middle class or rich the average amount of drug use in each group would be very similar.

evie12345

Greenlighter
And my opinion the main factors behind substance abuse of teens are:

1. Trauma
2. Environment / Upbringing and normalcy’s of family life (if parents drink every day.. increases chance of child becoming an alcoholic by x %)
3. Genetic makeup
4. Peer pressure / group of friends choices
5. Parental influence of positive nature

personally I don’t think wealth is correlated to increased substance abuse by adolescents. I think poor, middle class or rich the average amount of drug use in each group would be very similar.
thanks for your input that really helps me a lot! Definitely included some points that I hadn't thought of before so that will help with my assessment.

Zonxx

Bluelighter
factors? being told theyre 'dangerous' when in reality, they only are when used inappropriately.

Beowulf10

Greenlighter
Stress and general dissatisfaction with relationships and life are a big influence with everyone I knew and myself during highschool.