• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Scary 1st Time, How Should I Plan the 2nd Time?

the weed effects that are like perc effects can be brought on best by smoking a dab or 2, a bit of hash, or part of a joint. Oral options take way too long to feed the hungry head that wants those effects. for a newbee 5mgTHC at most. It will probably make you cough but that's ok.

the weed effects that you got from over dosing (not to die but to suffer seriously unfamiliar time distortion and sensory + mental confusion) are not attractive to a user of percs generally speaking, High doses are psychedelic while lower doses (~5mg) can be warm and soothing, and honey smooth.

I’m in NY, by the way
I’m curious how this all went down, when you went to the hospital, I’m assuming they asked what happened? Did you tell them the truth? Wouldn’t they find out from tests? Is this then attached to your medical record?

back in the day we would smoke a little and get very high
it would be like a little weed that wasn't that strong homegrown and wasn't that strong to weed we have today and get very high 3 people from one joint it was awesome I love that nature of weed that a joint shared by almost any number of people will get all (of them or like 8 very high :) :)

Vape it. Marijuana is a psychedelic problem is no one treats it as such myself included, blame that on society and ROA. My advice. Get a gram, save it back for a time that you have nothing to do. I advise vaporizers, I will never advise someone to smoke anything. One, smoking is bad for you idc if it’s just weed, and myself I’ve noticed vaporizers are an easier going high, it’s more body to me vs smoking. As for oxy, run away from them as far as you can. They are a pain med, and I know their fun but everyone can attest to the negatives of it. I don’t think you need a rundown on that aspect as much as you need to be reminded Oxycodone is a strong painkiller and the line between fun warm buzz and waking up sick is a very blurred one, and I can’t take the excuse of you being the only person that can chip effectively. That’s a lie is addicts all tell ourselves. Weed vs Oxy. Weed wins harm reduction by a mile, but it’s also something a lot of people are dependent on and claim it’s their “medicine”

Percs are oxycodone (the narcotic getting you high) and acetaminophen combined. Make sure you're not going over 4gr (in the US they actually recommend not more than 3gr daily but I'm in Europe where we still do 4gr max) of acetaminophen daily as it will damage your liver, as in liver failure and death. Very grim way of dying and the risk is not an overstatement. People pop percs and Vicodin like candies but they do contain acetaminophen so you can't just abuse them like straight oxy or hydrocodone.
The oxycodone itself is pretty harmless to organs in general. The only real risk is overdose and the subsequent respiratory failure or vomit aspiration whilst asleep if your CNS gets too depressed.
There's also the possibility of getting issues with blockages in your intestine if you get very constipated as opioids tend to cause constipation but you'd have to really ignore the constipation to get to that point. Just take laxatives to prevent that if you're prone to getting very constipated.
I use oxycodone only pills. Much safer if you're abusing it.
It won't cause brain damage, no, unless you OD and suffer hypoxia for a long enough time to cause brain cell death.

Last edited:
Salutations SimplyTrinity,

Have only tried weed once. ...honestly scared to try again.

Multiple paradoxes appear to emerge just in those few words alone. 1st of all lonely initiation (to cannabis) sounds counter-intuitive and i sense doing it in total isolation should raise some flag kind of early. 2nd, the selection of an edible instead of inhalation sounds odd again as i'd certainly want any hypothetical problematic situation to last only a few hours anyway, while ideally in company of a "sitter" and most specially for a first time - hoping i'm wording this correctly. One 3rd fundamental contradiction being a desire defeated by fear...

As for cannabis in emergency rooms i ain't surprized by quick anxiety diagnostics as i was denied proper medical assistance myself, except i had a real asthma attack triggered by mold and yet public-funded medecine proved of ZERO use solving a serious health issue. YMMV...

Beware, the instant they hear the "c" word it seems all fair notions of proportionality plumet, even gradually vanish under socio-toxic vilification continuously added as toping only meant to serve mis-guided 3rd-party political "elites"and their friends, pretending to "save" the children, starting with the Collège des Médecins in my province (also including the Pharmacists Association of Montréal, if i'm not mistaking)... E.G. plenty of BIGOT Victorian-age legacy materialized under the form of Québec's "Annexe" of the Pharmacy Act, printed in 1890, just in time to signal the extinction of apothicaries, by pure coïncidence i'm sure! Etc., etc...

Only hours ago i was hearing, guess what, a doctor on national TV and this time he used his self-expression privilege to blame smokers relatively to CoViD-19, although it's this very same professional group which is presently responsible for a systematic denial of "Harm Reduction" alternatives - even worse for adult Québekers aged between 18 - 21, actually!

Lets hope NY is different in terms of external stressing/paradoxal forces fueling the sin industry.

😯

As always i must insist putting focus on the consumption method, convinced it eventually shapes a user's profile. While we also need to remind ourselves that statistics get relentlessly contaminated by as many vilification vectors as feasible, because the blame sort of justifies/masquerade 3rd-party interference, etc.

Now imagine switching to other substances which simply never become available in the natural "bio" grade and then decide what's the least risk again!

In other words even bio comes with potentially problematic effects, typically because of its associated consumption method & ritual i might add. For example i like to criticize the Volcano by pointing out that it causes its owners to build-up anticipation "by design" as the universe recenters over paraphernalia for 2 ~ 3 minutes and then one practically innevitable conclusion is to empty that bag... Moreover there's the idea that deep heat-activation only promotes dosing abuse spontaneously leading to increased tolerance peaks followed/separated by ultimate "T-Break" episodes. Other systems help to tame down similar fascination aspects and even provide access to concepts of self-awareness and "Micro-Dosing".

Plus, finally, there's the simple matter of individual differences: maybe it's not for you, or at least not until the fears have vanished. Meanwhile please consider avoiding to play with solvants and needles!

o_O

Good day, have fun!! ☮️

Last edited:
Bu
Percs are oxycodone (the narcotic getting you high) and acetaminophen combined. Make sure you're not going over 4gr (in the US they actually recommend not more than 3gr daily but I'm in Europe where we still do 4gr max) of acetaminophen daily as it will damage your liver, as in liver failure and death. Very grim way of dying and the risk is not an overstatement. People pop percs and Vicodin like candies but they do contain acetaminophen so you can't just abuse them like straight oxy or hydrocodone.
The oxycodone itself is pretty harmless to organs in general. The only real risk is overdose and the subsequent respiratory failure or vomit aspiration whilst asleep if your CNS gets too depressed.
There's also the possibility of getting issues with blockages in your intestine if you get very constipated as opioids tend to cause constipation but you'd have to really ignore the constipation to get to that point. Just take laxatives to prevent that if you're prone to getting very constipated.
I use oxycodone only pills. Much safer if you're abusing it.
It won't cause brain damage, no, unless you OD and suffer hypoxia for a long enough time to cause brain cell death.
Everything you said same for me. Magnesium helps too with constipation But I’m going to say the day you don’t have it, you’ll find out exactly what it does to your body. So as a daily no, every now and then bet!

Salutations SimplyTrinity,

Multiple paradoxes appear to emerge just in those few words alone. 1st of all lonely initiation (to cannabis) sounds counter-intuitive and i sense doing it in total isolation should raise some flag kind of early. 2nd, the selection of an edible instead of inhalation sounds odd again as i'd certainly want any hypothetical problematic situation to last only a few hours anyway, while ideally in company of a "sitter" and most specially for a first time - hoping i'm wording this correctly. One 3rd fundamental contradiction being a desire defeated by fear...

As for cannabis in emergency rooms i ain't surprized by quick anxiety diagnostics as i was denied proper medical assistance myself, except i had a real asthma attack triggered by mold and yet public-funded medecine proved of ZERO use solving a serious health issue. YMMV...

Beware, the instant they hear the "c" word it seems all fair notions of proportionality plumet, even gradually vanish under socio-toxic vilification continuously added as toping only meant to serve mis-guided 3rd-party political "elites"and their friends, pretending to "save" the children, starting with the Collège des Médecins in my province (also including the Pharmacists Association of Montréal, if i'm not mistaking)... E.G. plenty of BIGOT Victorian-age legacy materialized under the form of Québec's "Annexe" of the Pharmacy Act, printed in 1890, just in time to signal the extinction of apothicaries, by pure coïncidence i'm sure! Etc., etc...

Only hours ago i was hearing, guess what, a doctor on national TV and this time he used his self-expression privilege to blame smokers relatively to CoViD-19, although it's this very same professional group which is presently responsible for a systematic denial of "Harm Reduction" alternatives - even worse for adult Québekers aged between 18 - 21, actually!

Lets hope NY is different in terms of external stressing/paradoxal forces fueling the sin industry.

😯

As always i must insist putting focus on the consumption method, convinced it eventually shapes a user's profile. While we also need to remind ourselves that statistics get relentlessly contaminated by as many vilification vectors as feasible, because the blame sort of justifies/masquerade 3rd-party interference, etc.

Now imagine switching to other substances which simply never become available in the natural "bio" grade and then decide what's the least risk again!

In other words even bio comes with potentially problematic effects, typically because of its associated consumption method & ritual i might add. For example i like to criticize the Volcano by pointing out that it causes its owners to build-up anticipation "by design" as the universe recenters over paraphernalia for 2 ~ 3 minutes and then one practically innevitable conclusion is to empty that bag... Moreover there's the idea that deep heat-activation only promotes dosing abuse spontaneously leading to increased tolerance peaks followed/separated by ultimate "T-Break" episodes. Other systems help to tame down similar fascination aspects and even provide access to concepts of self-awareness and "Micro-Dosing".

Plus, finally, there's the simple matter of individual differences: maybe it's not for you, or at least not until the fears have vanished. Meanwhile please consider avoiding to play with solvants and needles!

o_O

Good day, have fun!! ☮️
Oh dear God do I need your knowledge.

Lets just never forget this was supposed to be a forum about cannabis vs Harm Reduction when i 1st registered...

@simply

You’re not alone in that it may not be for you. You’re much better off asking that on a general drug forum (here) than a cannabis forum - where many don’t comprehend it’s not for everyone

I’m a recovering amphetamines & opioid addict and enjoyed a variety of other drugs- I don’t find cannabis recreational. Even alcohol is NOT my favorite by far but “I get it “ - it’s just that the taste, hangover, frequent urination, nausea etc ruin it for me so I’m a nondrinker.

You sound inexperienced. I’ve taken every drug you can name (and many you probably can’t) and for the first 10 years I dabbled in MJ and found it scary too- ( indicas , sativas , different strains , different doses, shwag, smoked hash, eaten hash, edibles etc ). I have never made such an effort for a drug I don’t like - usually if I don’t like a drug, I give it a few spins then “I don’t like you , goodbye”

Eventually I found a strain I could tolerate (Diamond kush), I built a tolerance , and found I could THEN tolerate low levels of indica or THC extract.

So, in time i found oral use quite helpful as a sleep aid (by the time it kicks in , I’m asleep and then I sleep through the effects). I was NEVER able to substitute weed for the drugs I like though. TO ME this is not a high, it’s a slightly unpleasant intoxication (my experience only so don’t crucify me)

Last edited: