• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Scared , took 5mg hydrocodone with my valium, having a panic attack.

Ringo88

Bluelighter
I took a 5mg hydrocodone two hours after I took 5mg valium. I had a,panic attack at the movies, took another 5mg valium. I'm now at home. Feels a little hard to breathe, but my heart seems to be beating ok. I just don't wanna die. I will never mix an opiate with my Valium again.

I weigh 180lbs, 6'2. I took the hydro at 12:50, its now a little past 4. I'm laying down, trying to calm down. Should I be ok at this point? I took my next 5mg valium dose at about 3.

It's a panic attack you'll be fine. The doses you took are incredibly small. This happens to me all the time especially when adding in caffeine.

Go seek medical attention immediately if you are worried.

Thanks man, I seem to be calming down and relaxing. I didn't know opiates could cause freakin panic attacks. I feel so ashamed, I had to walk out before the movie ended and everything... I did mix caffeine, which was dumb. Thank you so much for the post. I feel like a piece of shit. I will never mix an opiate with my Valium again unless under doctors orders.

May have been the environment too. I actually am feeling quite cozy laying down. Regardless, never again unless given by a doctor. Not worth the risk, even if that risk is just a panic attack.

Opiates don't usually cause panic attacks man. You are like I used to be when I first started Oxycodone ,and decided to mix Xanax thinking noting would happen . The only reason your having a panic attack is because you are most likely having racing thoughts about the consequence of mixing Benzos with Opiates . The dose you took though is so low ,don't worry about it . Find something to do to get your mind off of it , and stop thinking about your breathing. You will be fine I promise . This same thing happen to me the first time I ever mixed Benzos with Opiates . I would not stop feeling my nose to make sure I was breathing which I was of coarse , but steadily watching my breathing is what was causing my anxiety . Now years and years later a 300-500mg Oxycodone a day along with 12-24mg a day Xanax habit I don't get this thank god ,but the day I decide to come off all this I will have to be hospitalized most likely or I could die .

Good Luck man! Peace
You will be fine

-Crunk

Thanks crunk. The entire time, I mean the ENTIRE team, I thought about my breathing. And that thought never left my head. Two cns depressants, I'm going to stop breathing. Its funny though, because my heart was beating fast. In an opiate and benzo od, your heart usually stoos beating, right?

I actually feel great now, very relaxed and calm. I think being in a theatre with loud noises added to it.

I'm sorry about your addiction man, I too know addiction (benzos). I pray one day you will be able to get off when you decide. Can't thank you enough for the post, both of you!

Actually feel.really nice now, I believe a nap is in order. Just wish I didn't walk out at the end of the damn movie, but I looked up the spoilers for the end, and only missed maybe 5-10m max. Thanks again Crunk.

I know this is super late...but I am on a CRAP TON of medications...and Clonazepam and Xanax being two of them...as well as Hydrocodone. And my doctors are all aware of all of those. And that ain't even half! I think you'll be ok. ?