• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Saving old cotton swabs to use in Emergency????

raiders

Greenlighter
When I started using heroin 5 months ago, my friend who taught me said to save all the old cotton swabs from the spoon you transferred to the rig. He said in emergency situations when you cannot get any H, you can use the old cotton swabs, get them wet and inject the water they create and it will prevent dope sickness. Has anyone ever heard of this? What is the process of doing this and does it work?

Do not do this, it will make about 0% difference in your withdrawal. Withdrawal > Cotton Fever + Withdrawal

A there will be no h left in those cottons.... Just bacteria and other nasty shit. It's a great way to get to the ER!

It's a good way to get bacterial/fungal infections, not to mention heroin on a wet cotton will decompose pretty rapidly.

I used to do this, then one time 3 years ago I contracted a MRSA infection in my spine and spend nearly a year in the hospital. 3 surgeries and one permanently numb leg later I am clean and regretting the day I ever touched a needle. Don't do it the benefits are nearly non existing and the risk might be life impacting or deadly

I used to do this, then one time 3 years ago I contracted a MRSA infection in my spine and spend nearly a year in the hospital. 3 surgeries and one permanently numb leg later I am clean and regretting the day I ever touched a needle. Don't do it the benefits are nearly non existing and the risk might be life impacting or deadly

Same exact thing happened to me. Osteomyelitis of the c spine. Pain to this day. Be careful

Thank you everyone for the info. I will definitely stay away from it!!! Throw away all old cotton swabs and won't save them anymore. It is really great to be able to discuss this stuff and learn what NOT to do!!!

I've always washed off the spoon and used new cottons...

yea yo cotton shots suck they do nothing for u.

what i do is save a little bit in a each bag therefore when I'm out i scrap the bags and am sometimes able to get a decent hit

Trip3loki

This is exactly what my buddy told me when he introduced me to H about a year ago. So not thinking anything through and doing research like I should have, I just took his word for it and saved my cottons for about 4 days. When I ran out of H 52 cottons here I come, right ? WAY WRONG. This is only my second time getting cotton fever but OMG, I was driving about 3 mins after the shoot when it hit me.

1. Felt what I thought was w.d's coming on until about 5 seconds later then I knew I was screwed when my body broke into sweats, chills, shaking like I was seizing and fever broke. All this in a matter of seconds

2. Maybe a minute later I began the 8 hours of the worst pain I've ever been through. ( I've had a knee replacement and they missed with the spinal block so when I woke up I was screaming in pain and almost nothing helped ). This was much worse pain and I was on a cross country drive so no hot bath or anything.

3. A man at the rest area I was stopped at heard me screaming and thrashing back and forth in my car. He came to my car to help and informed me he was a M.D. A second later he was back at my car with ibuprofen,Tylenol and a thermometer. Gave me the OTC pills to help with fever and took my temp to have a base temp to see if it was going down in an hour. His next words won't be forgotten the next time I use! He said omg, Jesus Christ kid I gotta call the paramedics. I said no and he informed me my temperature was 106.2.

To finish a extremely long post for which I apologize. It was the worst 8 hours of my life and this is only 28 hours after I got cotton fever and I didn't share all my bad experiences from that nightmare but I'm still throwing up more violently then I've ever before, and I'm having a hard time doing anything because my body is still in the fight with the bacteria. Off and on I have to drop to the ground in pain and start praying. Thankfully no return fever. As the M.D explained to me your brain can become " cooked " at that temp,and u r left with irreversible brain damage.

I've always said I'd never quit but the thought of going to cop tomorrow actually makes me sick. Maybe this cotton fever saved my life... Idk yet, but that is this mans hell from saving and reusing cottons. Whatever u do plz be careful and good luck!!