• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Sandoz 10mcg buprenorphine patch - dosage question

buuuurps

Bluelighter
The Sandoz patches supposedly release 10mcg/hour and are supposed to be worn for 7 days. However, the leaflet also states that they contain a total of 10mg. This doesnt quite make sense to me. There are 24 hours in a day, so if you wear it for 7 days as intructed, that's 168 hours, which at 10 mcg / hour comes out to a total of 1680 mcg, or 1.68mg, being released over that period. But why does it then also state that the patch contains a total of 10mg? That would mean that it still has 8.32mg left after 7 days when you throw it away??

id guess its hard to get it going thru skin so it needs to have bigger amount to get thru, same goes for fentanyl pathces abt which i want to note many people dont see the difference in MCG and MG and thinks the patches have 25/50/75 MILLIGRAMS of it and not MCG/hour....

can be pretty dangerous if getting fent in powder form and dosing by that etc... or thinking patch has 75MCG and just chewing the whole patch... tho then there aint no one coming back and say "oops"

That's odd. Sounds like a major waste of buprenorphine. But I looked it up and it does infact say this in the leaflet

Either Sandoz is really terrible at math or there a hell of a lot of left over buprenorphine.

Buprenorphine Sandoz® 5 micrograms/h
Each patch releases buprenorphine 5 micrograms per hour.
The area containing the active substance: 6.25 cm2
Total buprenorphine content: 5 mg

Buprenorphine Sandoz® 10 micrograms/h
Each rectangular patch releases buprenorphine 10 micrograms per hour.
The area containing the active substance: 12.5 cm2
Total buprenorphine content: 10 mg

Buprenorphine Sandoz® 15 micrograms/h
Each rectangular patch releases buprenorphine 15 micrograms per hour.
The area containing the active substance: 18.75 cm2
Total buprenorphine content: 15 mg

Buprenorphine Sandoz® 20 micrograms/h
Each square patch releases buprenorphine 20 micrograms per hour.
The area containing the active substance: 25 cm2
Total buprenorphine content: 20 mg