• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Same meds but now I sweat like a beast!

BeachBum4u

Bluelighter
So, basically I take 20mg of Opana and 15mg of oxycodone four times a day; which are prescribed to me. However, since I got my refills a couple days ago, within a few minutes after taking the meds I start sweating profusely and oftentimes my tee shirt is about half-sweated through. That never used to happen! I mean these are drugs from a pharmacy and the Opana is even in it's original bottle all sealed up. It's almost like these pills are stronger than in the past. I can't believe the drug manufacturer's quality control could be that bad, right?

Any thoughts on why this might be happening? I'm seriously at a loss and frankly, I'm getting tired of doing laundry every couple days!

Opana is a very potent opiate, especially depends how you take it.

If you snort Opana, its very strong & you can easily wake up sweating. I know I did & won't touch this stuff again.

I also use to sweat during the day once in a while & this was during winter.

No other opiate ever made me feel the way Opana did.

Dilaudid doesn't last as long, but IMO, is way better than Opana just like hydrocodone is better than oxycodone IMO.......

I was given 4mg of dilaudid for post cancer surgery pain. It didn't do a lot via oral administration which was pretty frustrating. I finally gave up-crushed and snorted a pill. First time in 30 years, but the effects were much more pronounced. And the night sweats were definitely a problem!

I was glad I flushed the remainder after 4 days. Do not want to go down that road.

Opana is a very potent opiate, especially depends how you take it.

If you snort Opana, its very strong & you can easily wake up sweating. I know I did & won't touch this stuff again.

I also use to sweat during the day once in a while & this was during winter.

No other opiate ever made me feel the way Opana did.

Dilaudid doesn't last as long, but IMO, is way better than Opana just like hydrocodone is better than oxycodone IMO.......

I agree the med is very strong, totally! However, the point I was making is that I've been on the same dosage for nearly 4 years and the sweating like this has only started after I refilled my script 2-3 days ago. Again, no change in dosage. Also, this isn't just night sweating, although that does happen but I'm talking about 5:00 in the afternoon, watching TV. Doing nothing physical at all and bang, now you're soaking wet. I've just found it really odd, almost like my pills are stronger this time around although I know that isn't really possible.

Thanks again for your comments TLBs!

BB...May sound stupid, but even in original manufacture package...Did you look closely at mg? I only ask because way back before IPhones :! I was prescribed 37.5 Effexor. I took my dose after refill, began to gag...couldn't stand up, had to crawl to the toilet and dry heave. WTF? Upon inspecting the pills, they were 75 mg...Again, before Eckerd's became CVS here. "Oops, we're sorry". Me, too.

Something is no doubt different, if you're reacting with side effects you did not have previously. Hormonal changes will make you sweat like a pig, too. "man-o-pause" possible?

IME, "yes" brands can absolutely vary. I've never believed the BS about generics, but whatcha gonna do?

Dude I never used to get side effects my OC when I used to do 100-200mg a day. After a long break coming back I developed crazy histamine reactions and hardcore hicupping.

Because opiates affect so much of your body and its various systems, these random side effects will occur from time to time...

BB...May sound stupid, but even in original manufacture package...Did you look closely at mg? I only ask because way back before IPhones :! I was prescribed 37.5 Effexor. I took my dose after refill, began to gag...couldn't stand up, had to crawl to the toilet and dry heave. WTF? Upon inspecting the pills, they were 75 mg...Again, before Eckerd's became CVS here. "Oops, we're sorry". Me, too.

Funny you asked about checking the bottle. After I wrote that post, I went upstairs and pulled the bottle. Sure enough, it's the generic 40mg just like I've been getting for the past year or so. So Damn, I wonder what the heck is up. Appreciated the man-o-pause (laughed too!) comment but I'm 99% sure it's not that.

I will say, they sure through you through a loop with their screw up. Hell, you're lucky that mistake did do more damage than they did. You know, generally I'm pretty good about counting pills, checking bottle and all the other good patient shit you're supposed to do but I skipped it all this month. Oh well, maybe this sweating thing will just pass. I sure hope so.

Funny you asked about checking the bottle. After I wrote that post, I went upstairs and pulled the bottle. Sure enough, it's the generic 40mg just like I've been getting for the past year or so. So Damn, I wonder what the heck is up. Appreciated the man-o-pause (laughed too!) comment but I'm 99% sure it's not that.

I will say, they sure through you through a loop with their screw up. Hell, you're lucky that mistake did do more damage than they did. You know, generally I'm pretty good about counting pills, checking bottle and all the other good patient shit you're supposed to do but I skipped it all this month. Oh well, maybe this sweating thing will just pass. I sure hope so.

I wasn't so lucky. I was prescribed 60 20mg OxyNorm tablets (AMAZING oxycodone preparation in europe, comes in a gel cap that you can just pull apart and its pure 20mg of oxcodone powder, no fillers or binders or anything) and was in the amazing position of not actually requiring them - I broke my back and lied from the start knowing I could get some pain meds out of it, and my doctor talked about reducing now and then so I pretended I was in a lot of pain and quickly put back on them. It was glorious. Totally free as well (thanks NHS!). I fill my script one month to find unfortunately I'd been changed to some time release shit, so I looked up the method when I took my pills home to figure out how to bypass the mechanism. I did so, and promptly snorted 5 of them to feel an awesome oxy buzz that I'd been waiting for for the best part of 3 weeks. Literally two minutes later, my doorbell rings, and would you fucking know it, its my fucking pharmacist. Turns out the fuckers screwed up and gave me the wrong one, and since it was a major fuck up on their part they'd come to instantly address it. I give him back the tablets, and he obviously immediately noticed there were 5 missing when I was supposed to be taking 2 a day, and asks why. I gave him a weak lie about dropping tem on the way home. My doctor was informed, and I never saw OxyNorm again.

As for the sweating, has your diet or exercise changed at all recently, or have you swapped deodorant/anti-perspirant? Are you in love? Been eating a lot of dairy? All these can cause sweating, and if not I'd be very careful with those pills. I believe it was opana that was contaminated with botulism toxin in the summer, maybe this batch slipped through the cracks and wasn't recalled. I'd ask your doctor if I wer eyou.

I couldn't say why you're all of a sudden having that reaction but couldn't help but comment that I had significantly increased sweating with opana. That's the thing I remember most from taking it. Didn't really enjoy the effects of them either for the month or so I had access to them.