Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Salvia Plant Care!

Special-T.B.K

Bluelighter
Hello everyone!

Just wondering if someone can help me out. My Salvia plants were goin great guns now all of a sudden (after falling over) one of them is just DIEING... When the Plant fell over it also pulled itself out of the pot. So I re-dug for it, I did not put it in too deep or anything. It has a stake an all. But it was the stake that fell over. Iam worried I'm going to lose him!

It has got the floppy leaves and I have tried to keep maintaining it but now the leaves are starting to die, just starting to get brown around the leaves. This plant really means alot to me and if it were to die I would get really pissed off.

Iam just wondering if anyone here knows what I can do to rejuvinate my baby!!! Or can give me some important growingtips... actually all Salvia growing tips are welcome! Or a website with growing info and tips!

SpecTBK=D

there is an australian ethnobotany site that would be of much help your you. Search google and you shall find it.

umm Looked around couldnt find anything much, if anyone knows this website or could help me out than let me know THANKS :D

SpecTBK=D

[Edit: Great websites, full of wonderful information but unfortunately ethnobotanical websites all seem to sell plant material and seeds etc... so I'd prefer they weren't posted here as their online shopping sections and/or links to places that do sell drugs don't really fit with the system at BL.

As mentioned earlier in the thread, if people Google the right keywords these places are dead easy to find anyway. PM me if this causes any concern. Cheers, BT]

Last edited by a moderator:
phase_dancer: Thanks, I was unsure I we could link to those places.... you cleared it up for me. I just hinted in the right direction for a person to find them.

I'd prefer to keep the hints but leave the links. As I mentioned above, they all seem to either have massive link sections to online shops, or have their own vendor sections.

BigTrancer :)

still the question remains unanswered!

I have looked on these websites and none of them have growing tips or hints to help out. They either market or just say what the plant is, none actually have helpful info on plant care. If someone knows of a link or website please PM it to me! Thanks

I really need to solve this problem quickly and efficiently!

SpecTBK=D

My apologies for that. I thought discretion in detail may have worked
6.gif
...I should have known better :\

Those sites are the best places to ask such a question. There's probably very little anywhere on "Gardening problems with Salvia Divinorum"

So let's then instead try a more general approach to the problem.

Assuming the plant was healthy before it was knocked over, it would seem it's probably suffering from being unrooted- replanted (transplant shock).

I would try getting a NEW pot (not used) with some NEW potting mix and gently transplant it into this mixture. Make sure you don't break too many roots, but trim any small roots if they smell bad. Use NO fertiliser, but a potting mix that has a slow release LOW nitrogen formula is OK.

Keep your transplanted plant in the shade until it begins to recover and trim any yellowing or diseased looking leaves. Always dip your cutting instrument in meths then water before going from plant to plant.

Having never grown Salvia I can only broadly advise here. But like the flourishing herb gardens round this place, all it usually takes is some TLC.

If you want to find out about diseases / deficiencies which affect Salvia, then look at a more common but closely related species. I'm sure the gardening sites would be overflowing with info.

If you are going to re - pot I would use some fertiliser that has a high Phosphorus content, if you go look at fertiliser bags they will have whats called a NPK on the bag 3 numbers such as 10-20-10.

The first 10 is N or Nitrogen, the seccond P is Phosphorus and the third K is Potassium.

I'd try and find something fairly similar to a 10-20-10, phosphorus is the nutrient that develops root growth in plants.