Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Salvia information request

yokidsup

Bluelighter
Hey all

Just been doing some surfing on the net and i seem to have stumbled upon this plant/weed named 'salvia'. Now too be honest theres not too much info on it. Here are some facts i gathered up:

• its a psychedelic.

• its a controlled plant in australia (is this a good or bad thing?)

• lasts for a short while of time

There are different strengths, x5 x 10 etc. What does this all specifically mean? How much should a newbie be toking?

I'm just curious ...

thanks

[EDIT: No availability discussion. hoptis]

Last edited by a moderator:
I cant contribute much, but all i can say is that controlled means the government is watching it.

You cannot buy it legally in Australia, but you still can in most parts of the USA. And im not sure there's a market for it here at all. Might be wrong though?

For more info on the drug itself, check out the psychedelic archives and drug FAQs, TONS of good info there :)

[EDIT: Removed availability discussion. hoptis]

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ you're talking about the states TCD?

Salvia has been scheduled since 2002 in Australia
I haven't seen it since, but there are plants floating around no doubt.

Ok lemme rephrase that availability question...

Is it easy to get a hold of ? please rate on the scale of 1-10 10 being hardest 1 being piss easy

That's what availability means, that's not for discussion in this forum.

There are a lot of types of Salvia; the one you're interested in is Salvia Divinorum.

It's a kappa-opioid receptor agonist that has a dissociative effect. It's apparently very strong stuff, so if you're new to it then I'd recommend starting low.

The ratings, e.g. x5, x10, etc... I take it to be how concentrated the extract is compared to the raw leaf.

I've been contemplating trying this myself. Just from simple harm reduction, I assume that trying the x5 is the best way to go for the first time. I've read a couple places on here that you need to take it slow on salvia because it can hit hard.

Funny story about salvia. Me and a mate went shopping one day for vege plants, cactus', basically legal plants. We went to a place in a bush area of the city where my mate said he had seen a few nurserys. We stopped at a random one and walked through the garden, eventualy we were shown around by a Mexican lady who owned/worked at the nursery. She gave us a chilli to try, and after we reacted and told her our mouths were burning she gave us some leaves to 'cool our mouths.' After chewing them we asked what they were and she said salvia. 5 minutes later we were walking through the nursery and i was completely in love with a feeling of well being with all the plants. Because of our state we ended up spending a lot of money buying plants. When we we got home we looked up salvia on wikipedia, and it said that it was a "Mexican healing plant" that when chewed on gives the person a connection and love for nature. We looked at each other and said similtaniously, "We've been drugged! We realised that this Mexican "shaman" women had drugged us to enjoy the plants more and thus buy more. Im not complaining about this, it was an interesting experience and we did end up buying a salvia tree. Hope this dosnt breach the guidlines, i was just sharing an interesting day in my life with you.

^^ that's a beautiful story.
I wonder if it was S. Divinorium? there's hundreds of Salvias...could only one species be psychoactive?

gumby11 said:
Funny story about salvia. Me and a mate went shopping one day for vege plants, cactus', basically legal plants. We went to a place in a bush area of the city where my mate said he had seen a few nurserys. We stopped at a random one and walked through the garden, eventualy we were shown around by a Mexican lady who owned/worked at the nursery. She gave us a chilli to try, and after we reacted and told her our mouths were burning she gave us some leaves to 'cool our mouths.' After chewing them we asked what they were and she said salvia. 5 minutes later we were walking through the nursery and i was completely in love with a feeling of well being with all the plants. Because of our state we ended up spending a lot of money buying plants. When we we got home we looked up salvia on wikipedia, and it said that it was a "Mexican healing plant" that when chewed on gives the person a connection and love for nature. We looked at each other and said similtaniously, "We've been drugged! We realised that this Mexican "shaman" women had drugged us to enjoy the plants more and thus buy more. Im not complaining about this, it was an interesting experience and we did end up buying a salvia tree. Hope this dosnt breach the guidlines, i was just sharing an interesting day in my life with you.

That sounds very unlikely. You have to chew a very large amount of leaves and hold it in your mouth for about 30 minutes for salvia divinorum to take effect. What she gave you was probably just a general type of sage (salvia is a very common species, salvia divinorum not so much). Also- the "effects" you describe are nonsense- salvia is utterly psychedelic, easily the most intense and bizarre substance I've tried. Also- salvia divinorum is very rarely a tree, is illegal for sale, and wouldn't somewhow make you buy more plants. Sorry, but your story sounds really silly- mexican "shaman" woman, because she knew that chewing a certain leaf would negate the effects of chilli? 8) You guys need to do mor research :| %)

miasma said:
^^ that's a beautiful story.
I wonder if it was S. Divinorium? there's hundreds of Salvias...could only one species be psychoactive?

Salvia Splendens is also alleged to be psychoactive, though it is disputed. Other salvia plants have recently been collected for testing by governmnet departments 'just in case'. In the matter of this guys tale, I'd say it was almost 100% not s. divinorum.

I had always wanted to try salvia but was always too scared to order it considering it is in schedule 9, and thus if it was intercepted in the post would techincally be akin to me receiving some heroin in the post? Which would be very bad.

Well, I looked up Salvia Divinorium when we got back from the nursery on wikipedia and the plant we ate/purchased looked exactly the same as the picture on wikipedia. Also on wikipedia it stated that the leaves could be smoked for an intense psychedelic/haluciongenic effecy which lasts for around five minutes. Or, the leaves can be chewed for a longer lasting effect (2 hours) of giving one a feeling of oneness with trees/plants. It also said that the plant is a native of Mexico and has been used as a healing plant there for thousands of years. Me and my mate had different symptoms but both of our experiences matched what said effects could be, on wikipedia. The fact that we had talked about are experiences before researching it on wikipedia, and then wikipedia confirming that our experiences matched those described, proves that it wasn't a placebo. So, thanks for your flame swilow.

Last edited:
No-one has flamed you Gumby11, swilow was just pointing out a few things.

Take them as you will

:)

^All I was doing was pointing out that your story just doesn't add up. Did you chew the salvia for 30mins or more? Otherwise, salvinorin (the active component) wouldn't have made it into your system, as it gets destroyed in the gut and needs to absorb sublingually.

Sorry if you take that as flaming- I'm pointing out how your story cannot be. Yu would not have been sold salvia divinorum, and I doubt you had enough to feel the effects. Wikipedia is not reliable- you need pretty much a mouthful of leaves for it to tke effect through chewing. Your story can't be true.

Yeah, we chewed about 4 leaves each. We didnt swallow it just sat it under the tongue, then spat it out. It tasted like sugar. In fact the lady said to use it instead of sugar. Any idea as to what we had?

^Please ignore that.

gumby11 said:
Yeah, we chewed about 4 leaves each. We didnt swallow it just sat it under the tongue, then spat it out. It tasted like sugar. In fact the lady said to use it instead of sugar. Any idea as to what we had?

8) 8) 8)
Lol man, thats a plant called Stevia :D http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stevia
More flaming :\ Stevia, which is mentioned just above, is an extremely good sugar subistitue plant. Chewing it is very sweet. Not remotely psychoactive though.