Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Salvia in australia

Jwlst

Bluelighter
Hey, im wondering if savlia grows in the wild in australia...?

seems like a simple question, but I cant find the answer to it anywhere.

Easy answer... No. It's a mexican plant and is quite unsuitable for most Australian climates. It is possible to source cutting and cultivate it yourself in a hothouse, but that's another matter.

cheers, just wondering, got huge amounts of this plant that looks %150 like salvia growing in my back yard lol

can you get a picture and post it? salvia will only grow from cutting, it doesn't produce seeds so its highly unlikely to be it. also it needs a wet, tropical environment. Still, somebody could have planted it there...

I live on the northern beaches...rain, heat, humidity...but now I look closely im pretty sure its not it...but I still dont know. Ill try and get a pic for this thread. I am a complete n00b when it comes to indentifying plants, so its most likley completley off :D

No way its salvia unless someone put it there. Its native to mexico, and a very specific area of mexico at that.

Its my understanding that it illegal in Aus, so the chances of it just being planted in your backyard are kind of low.

--> ADD

My friend had his own plant once , got given it to him by his grandma lol :).

you never know, prolly very unlikely unless someone did plant it around, but then again, morning glory is a major weed where I live and that is a south american species also. So yeah, maybe out somewhere in nimbin someone grew a bit too many and it may have spread :p