• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Salvaging stems (and small buds)

I put stems (all) and small Buds shake in a 4 piece grinder with a clean non magnetic penny, then grind it and let it sit in the freezer overnight. In the morning, take the grinder out and start gently shaking it side to side (9 o’clock - 3 o’clock) and the. 12-6. Gently tap the grinder a few times on a table. You can repeat the freeze overnight and shake/tap if you want but I’ve never found the need to.

You’ll get a surprising amount of kief. It’s fairly easy to tell when to stop because the more you repeat the process or harder you shake/tap the more vegetable matter you’ll get. You want the stuff as white/blond/beige as possible.

A non magnetic ball bearing or BB can also be used.

Tom

Solvent extract, simplest way is freeze either 190 proof everclear (Ethanol) or iso (or a nonpolar solvent) Do a quick wash. Or you can do a dry ice extract using a 60-120 micron hash bag a bucket and dry ice for easy quick kief

I put stems (all) and small Buds shake in a 4 piece grinder with a clean non magnetic penny, then grind it and let it sit in the freezer overnight. In the morning, take the grinder out and start gently shaking it side to side (9 o’clock - 3 o’clock) and the. 12-6. Gently tap the grinder a few times on a table. You can repeat the freeze overnight and shake/tap if you want but I’ve never found the need to.

You’ll get a surprising amount of kief. It’s fairly easy to tell when to stop because the more you repeat the process or harder you shake/tap the more vegetable matter you’ll get. You want the stuff as white/blond/beige as possible.

A non magnetic ball bearing or BB can also be used.

Tom

So when you say you eventually get plant matter you're saying i literally capture all the THC and more?

Solvent extract, simplest way is freeze either 190 proof everclear (Ethanol) or iso (or a nonpolar solvent) Do a quick wash. Or you can do a dry ice extract using a 60-120 micron hash bag a bucket and dry ice for easy quick kief

Once you wash the stems you do what?

I've made ISO hash back in the day but completely forgot the process.

So when you say you eventually get plant matter you're saying i literally capture all the THC and more?

Once you wash the stems you do what?

I've made ISO hash back in the day but completely forgot the process.
QWISO is just freeze the iso and soak the plant matter in it for like 30 seconds maybe more then filter and let evaporate then vac purge if you want, I personally would go with a dry ice extract, some of my favorite hash came from fresh trim dry iced then pressed, get that beautiful golden hash putty that turnes to that dark morroccan hash
Edit: had my microns backwards you’ll want to use the 220 or next size smaller , just make sure not to shake to much the trichs will be frozen and fall off almost immediately, best bet is to shake for a couple seconds collect and repeat till the kief won’t press in your hand

Last edited:
@madness00 The first time you do the process you’ll end up with a lighter coloured kief. If you set that aside and repeat the process, it would be a little bit darker (green) and so on. The freezing will (just like a cold solvent wash) make the trichomes more brittle and easy to break off. But there’s gonna be a small bit of non trichome plant material. The more often you repeat this whole process on the same material > diminishing Returns.

Yeah, this Isn’t going to be as pure as ice water bubble hash or Quiso hash but it’s simple, quick and doesn’t require any solvent. I’ve got some photo’s of hash I made using this.

Tom