Saline water vs bacteriostatic (Ba saline) water - ??

JohnBoy2000

Bluelighter

I'm trying to figure this out.

This page seems to consider saline water as being bacteriostatic (??? - wut) - and completely condemns the use of benzyl alcohol water for use with peptides, saying it compromises the integrity of the peptide.

Up until now I've been using normal sterile water (not saline) with 1% BA, filtered.
Is it possible I've been compromising the integrity of muh peptides?

I intend to use this for botox also, so naturally wish to conserve its shelf life for as long as possible but this, "BA damages your gear" talk is concerning.

Finally - should I be using saline instead of regular sterile water when mixing with BA to make bac water?

Just continue with bac stat water. It'll be fine. I use bac stat for everything without issue. It's also what's used in hospital grade injects

For my next batch of bac water - is it better to mix the BA with saline, vs just regular purified water (i.e. injection water without sodium chloride)?

So it's like, saline bac water, vs just bac water?

For botox specifically, saline is the recommended diluent, but apparently BA acts as an anesthetic so it's important to include also.

If you're that concerned about it, just buy the USP version. I don't get why you're so intent on making your own.

I definitely would do that, but that's US delivery only and getting bac water in the UK typically amounts to about 35 pounds a vial including postage.
It's tricky to come by here, given that I'll be using it indefinitely, I figured I'd save costs.

I definitely would do that, but that's US delivery only and getting bac water in the UK typically amounts to about 35 pounds a vial including postage.
It's tricky to come by here, given that I'll be using it indefinitely, I figured I'd save costs.
Doesn't look too bad to me. That's with a quick Google search.

Other question I have is - does anyone freeze bacteriostatic water to make it bacteriostatic for longer?

I ended up buying empty vials and will mix up B-alcohol with saline myself and fill them.

Good link you posted ^^^ but I couldn't find saline-bac water - which is recommended for botox reconstitution and injection, otherwise botox is really painful to inject apparently.

Other question I have is - does anyone freeze bacteriostatic water to make it bacteriostatic for longer?

I ended up buying empty vials and will mix up B-alcohol with saline myself and fill them.

Good link you posted ^^^ but I couldn't find saline-bac water - which is recommended for botox reconstitution and injection, otherwise botox is really painful to inject apparently.
It's right there.... Bac stat sodium chloride water.
Edit:
I'll even spoon feed you the link in the spirit of harm reduction

I would definitely have just ordered that instead had I found it sooner.

Having purchased the syringes, needles, vials and saline, at this point I'm obligated to mix it myself.

One question I have is, the mixing container - I have a plastic beaker.

Is it possible plastic vs glass could contaminate it somehow?

I'm just gonna fill my plastic beaker with 50 ml saline, mix in benzyl alcohol - stir - withdraw with a 60 ml syringe, then inject into my vials through a micron filter.

Is it better to use glass vs plastic for the mixing container, or does it make much difference?

I assume the mixing container doesn't need to be heat treated first like the sterile vials would have been?
Maybe just a good clean and then wipe with benzyl alcohol?