• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Safest way I can inect oxycodone

S

spacey 8

I am not looking to be talked out of this I just want some harm reduction info. I have no access to wheel filters and I have some oxys that I'm going to inject. I was going to mix up 4 10mg oxys(crushed) with cold water and use a childs medication dosing syringe to suck up the liquid straining through cotton. After this I am going to squirt the mixture into another cooker and strain it again through another piece of cotton into an insulin syringe(1cc).I figure if I use the childs med syringe it will suck up most of the water in one go instead of fucking around with the insulin syringe and figured 2 passes through cotton must be better then 1. Is there anything else I can do or perhaps shouldn't do to make this shot as sterile and binder free as possible?

10 mg? Do these have tylenol in them? Or is this apap-free? If these are like percocet you can not shoot them.

10 mg? Do these have tylenol in them? Or is this apap-free? If these are like percocet you can not shoot them.
Since he talked about using cold water, I'm guessing they do contain APAP.
I don't think you want to run the risk of IV'ing them.

You don't need heat for oxycodone but for the old formula oxycontin you did he might not be talking about Tylenol! If they had Tylenol I'd assume he would have mentioned them as percocets.

Where are you with no access to wheel filters? Antarctica possibly? Stranded on a desert island?

I always wonder how it is that someone can claim not to be able to get micron filters, financial reasons not included or relevant for those who are truly determined about safety and harm reduction over giving in and getting high when you KNOW you don't have adequate filtration equipment and if you can't find micron filters, who knows what that says about the state of sterility of your other IV equipment...

Never use heat. It dissolves freely in cold water if it's roxicodone. If youre dosing in increments of like 10-40mg, it's not even going to make much of a difference if you refilter it IMO because 1) running it through the same cotton twice is going to FURTHER CONTAMINATE your solution, not filter or clean anything. 2) Already, the amount of oxycodone you're going to lose in the cotton and in this entire process is already going to be pretty high. 3) NEVER APPLY HEAT TO PILLS TO IV THEM

Can you at least go to a needle exchange and get standard sterile filters / SteriFit/ medical grade compressed cotton, etc?

If you have time to post on the internet to ask for harm reduction advice and wait for the response, you have time to order wheel filters online and receive them in the post.

That is all really good harm reduction. Oxycodone is one of the opiates that you don't really get the benefits of IV'ng (rush, extremely fast onset) that you get from banging lets say hydromorphone or morphine. If you really want to shoot these, we cannot stop you, but let me say, it will really only be for the novelty of injecting something. Its oral bioavailability is 60-87%, IV is 100%. As tricomb said, you are not going to get the whole dosage if you filter through cotton, especially if you are crushing up four tens and putting water over them. This means you effectively are going to get somewhere in the 60-87% range. Yes the onset will be quicker and more pronounced, but in this junkie's eyes its really that tiny reward is not worth the risk.

We cannot stop you, as you have probably already made up your mind that you are going to do this. Just don't miss, nasty abscesses abound.