• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids "Safest" opiate?

kingkpin

Bluelighter
I've gotten pretty deep into opiates, it's become very aware to me that I have an issue. I figured if I'm going to have an issue, I might as well go the least harmful route; which opiate is the LEAST harmful to the body? I've been on Oxy 5/325's for sometime now and I take quite a few through the day, daily. My concern is obviously the acetaminophen, but it have to deal with it because I can't find straight oxycontin. Besides all of that, I know different chemicals effect the body differently, and I assume there are certain opiates are harder on the body than others. Like I'd assume heroin is harder on your body than something like morphine would be, but I don't know. I'm just looking to not hurt myself anymore, or not as much at least.

then i'd stop taking opiates whilst youre still on 5mg oxys. no opiate is really hard on your body (unless yore injecting or smoking, and even then the adulterants are the main culprits for harming people). eating more than 3000mg of paracetamol daily is dangerous though.

opiates might just rob you of your personality, enthusiasm for life, money, motivation and other things. youre not going down a good road here. keep the oxy use occasional (once or twice a week maximum) if you can or your tolerance will go up to the point you may turn to heroin because the oxy doesnt do it for you anymore.

in short, opiates do you no real physical harm, but use them sparingly and with caution.

I,wouldnt,say,ther,is,a,safest opiate.unless you fuck with pharo fent or crazy shit like that.iff I,had,to,say one it be,fentynl seeing as,microograms get u high.but u could,easily od on hydros,oxys dillies if you dont,dose,right

I,wouldnt,say,ther,is,a,safest opiate.unless you fuck with pharo fent or crazy shit like that.iff I,had,to,say one it be,fentynl seeing as,microograms get u high.but u could,easily od on hydros,oxys dillies if you dont,dose,right

I'm really confused here... Are you saying that the only opiate that is safe is fentanyl?

That is terrible... terrible... advice if so.

@ OP, I would suggest curbing use now like an earlier reply suggest. Taking a couple 5mg Oxycodone pills is just the tip of the iceberg... Slippery slope my friend. Being a functioning drug addict isn't cool or fun. Keep it at a recreational level.

i think kkgb's just high as fuck and trying to say that fentanyl is very dangerous, but others can be too.

It is not necessarily opiates that are harmful in fact they are quite non toxic compared to the acetimitophen/apap/ibprofin or whatever they put in with the opiate in perc, vico, and norcos. As far as least addictive that would be codeine, but they all have addiction risks.

Edit: I will add withdrawals are harmful. Make sure to ween off

The addictive potential causes the most harm if u ask me if u stick to a reasonable dose and safe roa

if u take enough of any opiate they become harmful because of cns depression

at least with pharms u know what is in it

My first advice would be to get off the opiates altogether. However I realize they may be needed for pain or you just don't wanna quit,etc. So that said, I would definitely try to get something without all the acetaminophen, that or do a cold water extraction on those pills. The biggest health concern is obviously liver damage from constant overuse of acet. Get that out of the way, and you just have addiction to worry, which can be manageable or a one way road to hell, depending on you individually.

I mean that question can be taken many ways. Do you want to take opiates/opioids for maintenance,to continue getting high or pain management. If you are just doing maintenance I'd say bupe. If your talking pm I'd say oxycodone or if you can't get it morphine. If you want to get high anything without the Tylenol except methadone(worse habit forming shit then others and boost your tolerance),no heroin,no fent damn on this last one I can't in good conscience recommend anything they are all bad for getting high.

at least with pharms u know what is in it

That's what I was thinking. Shit you have no idea what all's in the heroin you purchase. Even if you know what you're dealer cuts it with (prob not but...) there's no telling what's happened to it further up the road. My two cents worth and be safe.

At least you're somewhat guaranteed with pharms that they haven't been packed in a condom and sent through someone's digestive system and shit out their ass. There are an unreal number of fentanyl fakes out there, though (and who knows what nasty fentanyl analogs and other shit these days).

I just think that anything fentanyl is the most dangerous, so many people die from fent, and obviously 'heroin' which is never pure and of uncertain potency. APAP if anything can help regulate your use, because you know you can only take a certain amount without seriously risking your health. If you can maintain a degree of self control, that is.

At least you're somewhat guaranteed with pharms that they haven't been packed in a condom and sent through someone's digestive system and shit out their ass. There are an unreal number of fentanyl fakes out there, though (and who knows what nasty fentanyl analogs and other shit these days).

I just think that anything fentanyl is the most dangerous, so many people die from fent, and obviously 'heroin' which is never pure and of uncertain potency. APAP if anything can help regulate your use, because you know you can only take a certain amount without seriously risking your health. If you can maintain a degree of self control, that is.
Not to many opiate addicts have any degree of control and liver damage doesn't seem much of a deterrent. I get your point though!

then i'd stop taking opiates whilst youre still on 5mg oxys. no opiate is really hard on your body (unless yore injecting or smoking, and even then the adulterants are the main culprits for harming people). eating more than 3000mg of paracetamol daily is dangerous though.

opiates might just rob you of your personality, enthusiasm for life, money, motivation and other things. youre not going down a good road here. keep the oxy use occasional (once or twice a week maximum) if you can or your tolerance will go up to the point you may turn to heroin because the oxy doesnt do it for you anymore.

in short, opiates do you no real physical harm, but use them sparingly and with caution.

This. Stay safe, and good luck.

Safest???!!!!... none!!!... opiates are the devil! stay away from them... Sure they will hug you and love you at first but those hugs and love will come back to bite you and hate you!... Stay the Fuck Away From Them!

ShroomySatori I'm mainly talking recreational users but I've seen people with legitimate pain issues eventually take beyond their script(not for pain purposes). Now I'm not saying all people who use opiates but most people that abuse opiates don't have any degree of control. I used to be addicted to smack and was clean for years and now have to take pain meds for severe back issues. I don't trust myself to this day with my meds so my wife has a safe for my meds and doles them out to me daily.

ShroomySatori I'm mainly talking recreational users but I've seen people with legitimate pain issues eventually take beyond their script(not for pain purposes). Now I'm not saying all people who use opiates but most people that abuse opiates don't have any degree of control. I used to be addicted to smack and was clean for years and now have to take pain meds for severe back issues. I don't trust myself to this day with my meds so my wife has a safe for my meds and doles them out to me daily.

i'm just like you same story.

having that degree of control to not abuse the stuff becomes very easy when its about not being in agony and rationing what you have. very easy to choose weeks of not wanting to shoot yourself in the head from how intense the pain is over a couple nights of nodding out and feeling bliss.

if your pain got torturous enough i'm sure you wouls have no problem only taking enough to remove the pain and not abuse them recreationally, your pain must not be all that bad or you have an endless supply.

I think the kind of addiction tendency you're commenting on has a lot to do with a person's quality of life and mental stability. Something like depression, anxiety, or just stress can make a person feel like they need the effects that come with opiates. I think that's why the addiction is so complex. One person can be prescribed them, and only like them in a medical sense (my sister, for example), but another person can suffer in another way (lots of scenarios can feel legitimate) and they feel like the drug is helping them more subtly than pain relief. Basically I think a lot of recreational opiate addiction comes from people self-treating for things that opiates are not originally supposed to treat.