• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Safer way to IV Exalgo

somachu

Greenlighter
First, I know there is no safe way. Searching the internet and bluelight in specific I find 2 ways to 'cook' Exlago. I'm looking for input on which way is the relatively safer route. Shooting anything not designed to be banged is stupid. I know this and most people who are looking for this information knows this so please leave all judgements out of the tread. I've personally done method 1 with both 32mg and 16mg Exalgos.

Method 1 (Cold Water Goo)
Taken from New hydromorphone ER - Exalgo
by lmc422
-wash/rub the coating off. You will see half is white and half is gray.
- cut the pill down the center of the white and grey.
- throw out the grey part(there's no drug in it)
-scrape off any gray left on the white half.
- you will notice there's a thin clear coating around the white part. Carefully shave/peel it off
- crush the white part in a mortar and pestle as fine as possible
- put crushed hydromorphone into spoon
- add very very cold water
- filter and enjoy!!!

Method 2 - (Crispy Flakes)
Taken from (opioids) Exalgo IV prep
by moonmaster

Let's just do it then:
1. Using pliers or a razor, slice it in half and get down to the white pill encased in plastic within. The plastic coating can be removed easily enough that your fingernail should be all you need. The grey stuff is nothing you want, toss it. All of the Hydromorphone is tucked away neatly within that plastic coated pill.
2. Now grind that white stuff up the best you can, however you usually do it; the finer the better. I got it to work well once just grinding it between my fingers but today that didn't work, I believe humidity was a factor. Keep it dry!
3. Get a big spoon, fill it with your fine powder, and put it on your stove top. Set it to medium-low and cook the powder until it becomes dark brown. (I normally don't advocate heat in any prep but this is the best I've seen)
4. Now that your powder is browned, remove from heat and add about 1ml water. Stir with something very fine to minimize the goo sticking to the stirrer.
5. Put back on heat on a low simmer and add a few more units of water as much will evaporate. Stir.
6. Remove from heat and let cool. Use a tightly rolled ball of cotton AND a micron filter to draw solution into your rig.
7. You should know what to do with that by now...

So which is safer?

But I have alot of experience with exalgo. Although this recipe is for plugging... it is relevant because it yields a clear very potent liquid.

1. Cut exalgos into two half moons...so that u have two pieces both a cross section. Half whit and half grey in both pieces. I use sharp scissors.
2. Again using scissors cuts straight down each half pill to seperate the white from the grey.
3. Throw away the grey halves.
4. Peel with ur fingernails the tape like outer coating. This step is much easier due to removing the grey part
5. Cut up the white part into many pieces and put into a air tight container.
6. From here the steps will no.longer apply to iving but hopefully my dissolving process will give u ideas.
7. Add 1ml vinegar and 2 ml warm water.
8. This will easily dissolve within an hour into a clear liquid.
9. I suck it up with an oral syringe. Lube. Plug.

If this helps great!! If not I'm sorry. Also...fyi for any novice users reading this. This will result in a very large dose of medication being absorbed allllll at one. So please start very small. Also...this is done with 32 mg exalgo

Plz do let me know if u successfully iv these.

Last edited:
Like my post said, I've IV'd these off and on for a few weeks but using the 1st method I posted.

@sarajenni88

When you use vinegar and water is the liquid thick? My end results produces a liquid thin enough to suck up in a 30g needle but thick enough to know it can't be all that safe to stick in my veins.

Anyone else smarter than I know which way would be the safer way to bang?

Micron filter the final solution to get all of the microscopic, insoluble particles out of your shot, read the micron filter mega thread on here.

Lol, I'm sorry- I know micron filters are much safer and are protecting your health, but out of my ten hrs driving to the city for heroin or coke, if I were to mention If anyone brought micron filters, I would be looked at dumbfondedl . I'm sure of I explained it o ephod get the just use a damn cotton the needle exchange gives u, or a cigarette cotton

Like my post said, I've IV'd these off and on for a few weeks but using the 1st method I posted.

@sarajenni88

When you use vinegar and water is the liquid thick? My end results produces a liquid thin enough to suck up in a 30g needle but thick enough to know it can't be all that safe to stick in my veins.
Even when I dissolve in warm water (2ml each) its liquid. Not jelly at all.... what mg pill are u using... and are u following all the other steps. I will say that the resulting liquid looks dirty...def. in need of filtering but very liquid like

With the white part, if you can, the best way is to let it dissolve overnight and it'll be thinner in the morning. Use a needle less syringe tube to suck it up, back load it, then blast away. It's thick but it works well.

The safest way Ive found is this, tools needed:

1 Clean Paring knife. You can buy a 4 pack at a dollar store. alternately, a razor blade
1 Q-Tip
1 Clean Water
1 Clean, Deep Spoon
Alcohol and other sterile prep stuff (new needle, bandages, gauze, etc)
1 Lighter

Works on all exalgo, 8-32mg strengths

Process:

Take paring knife and scrape off coating
Split pill along its edge, being careful not to cut yourself
Discard black half, nothing good is in it
Scrape any and all remaining black crap from whit half of pill (that's RACIST!! not)

Now you will notice a shell around the white part. You can leave it on, but it takes longer to cook. Yes, you want to cook thi, and Ill tell you why

Remove shell from white part by using paring knife around the outer edge
Once inner part is separated, cut it into 4 parts. Depending on how good you are, this will result in 4 6-8mg (with a 32mg, lower for smaller pills) doses, with the rest being still attached to the shell

Now, shave one part with the paring knife into a big, deep spoon.
Add a BIG cotton. The cotton is NOT a filter, it helps gather all the little parts of stuff flaoting around.
Heat, and mash cotton and shaved chunks with end of paring knife.
You do not need a roaring boil, heat until its just a bit too hot to put your finger into.
Swish around cotton, grabbing everything up. Make SURE there is nothing left but slimey stuff in the spoon.

Now, draw up with (ideally) 29 ga needle. Anything smaller will tend to clog, and anything bigger can draw up crap you dont want in you veins. I would NOT backload with exalgo, unless you are drawing up thru a smaller rig (1cc) to fill a bigger rig (say, 3cc, 25ga needle) with a higher dose. in my experience, you can only get about 16mg into a 1cc rig, otherwise its too thick to draw up.

I read all this somewhere....

eta: DO NOT MISS WHEN SHOOTING EXALGO!!! Seriously, this is the most important thing (aside from OD or getting busted): you WILL have problems if you miss with your shot. If you are not 100% certain you can hit a vein, dont fuck with this.

Last edited:
Okay guy's, a buddy of mine has been using a slightly different method with these exalgo 32 mg's.

I was telling him that ER pills don't seem very safe with the whole gel mechanism, but shooters will be shooters.

His method is as follows:

>. Clean off white coating with liquid/spit and rag/papertowl/TP.
>. Split the two moons in half using a blade.
>. Discard grey side and keep white side(Med).
>. Leave clear plastic casing on the white half.
>. Fill spoon with water.
>. Bring water to a slight boil using lighter of choice.
>. Place white half in the hot water with the med side down and casing side up.
>. Stir using tweezers/blade/needle applying pressure onto the casing forcing the med to dissolve into liquid.
>. Repeat last three steps if desired for a stronger shot.
>. Suck up semi thick liquid using 1cc syringe.
>. Clean arm and pow.

Okay so my question is, is this a safe method for doing exalgo's? He tells me he gets around 6-8 good shots from this method.

Personally the thickness turns me off.. As well as the whole IV thing, but I want to show him some evidence for or against his method in order to help him and others alike.

Also could the clear casing melt down into the solution even though there is no direct heat?

He tells me that he also doesn't need to use a cotton filter because the white side is pure med. Is that true as well?

I know these are a lot of questions, but I have also read on another forum that some of the fillers in these can cause great harm. Here's the quote. "With intravenous abuse, the tablet excipients, especially polyethylene oxide, can be expected to result in necrosis and inflammation of cardiac tissues."
That sounds really bad. Anyone know if this is only in the dark side?

If anyone could give me some clear advice and answers to these questions to help my friend, it would be greatly appreciated as I am very concerned for his health.

Thanks,
Lucid

my friend did something stupid

My friend, really my friend, did something stupid, he just had a spinal fusion and he really is in a lot of pain, all he has currently are hydromorphone er, which are extended release, but are not completely designed like the exalgos and are ALL white inside, they are the WPI 3630 pills, they otherwise look the same as exalgo, same color exterior, a hole for pushing the med out of the shell, etc. Only difference is no grey part, just all white matter inside the plastic shell. He has just been crushing this down into a fine powder and then filtering, the liquid is clear in the syringe. Anyway, what is he risking???? And two times he has hit a vein in his arm only to have the vein balloon, is that considered a miss?? he is very very worried and needs to know what if anything he should be doing to not die. Please advise as soon as you can?????

and he
The safest way Ive found is this, tools needed:

1 Clean Paring knife. You can buy a 4 pack at a dollar store. alternately, a razor blade
1 Q-Tip
1 Clean Water
1 Clean, Deep Spoon
Alcohol and other sterile prep stuff (new needle, bandages, gauze, etc)
1 Lighter

Works on all exalgo, 8-32mg strengths

Process:

Take paring knife and scrape off coating
Split pill along its edge, being careful not to cut yourself
Discard black half, nothing good is in it
Scrape any and all remaining black crap from whit half of pill (that's RACIST!! not)

Now you will notice a shell around the white part. You can leave it on, but it takes longer to cook. Yes, you want to cook thi, and Ill tell you why

Remove shell from white part by using paring knife around the outer edge
Once inner part is separated, cut it into 4 parts. Depending on how good you are, this will result in 4 6-8mg (with a 32mg, lower for smaller pills) doses, with the rest being still attached to the shell

Now, shave one part with the paring knife into a big, deep spoon.
Add a BIG cotton. The cotton is NOT a filter, it helps gather all the little parts of stuff flaoting around.
Heat, and mash cotton and shaved chunks with end of paring knife.
You do not need a roaring boil, heat until its just a bit too hot to put your finger into.
Swish around cotton, grabbing everything up. Make SURE there is nothing left but slimey stuff in the spoon.

Now, draw up with (ideally) 29 ga needle. Anything smaller will tend to clog, and anything bigger can draw up crap you dont want in you veins. I would NOT backload with exalgo, unless you are drawing up thru a smaller rig (1cc) to fill a bigger rig (say, 3cc, 25ga needle) with a higher dose. in my experience, you can only get about 16mg into a 1cc rig, otherwise its too thick to draw up.

I read all this somewhere....

eta: DO NOT MISS WHEN SHOOTING EXALGO!!! Seriously, this is the most important thing (aside from OD or getting busted): you WILL have problems if you miss with your shot. If you are not 100% certain you can hit a vein, dont fuck with this.

If you miss your shot, you're likely to feel and notice it. The bump on your vein may be a sign of inflammation.

How is your friend who had the wpi's ? This is the only menation I Can find of them and they're all I have right now... curious as how to maximize them And not cause harm!