• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Safer Snorting - Methamphetamine

Derailed

Greenlighter
Hey guys,

I've been snorting meth regularly for a while now. Daily use, not overly heavy and I never smoke it, because my girlfriend isn't cool with it being smoked in the house. However, here lately I've been developing some pretty bad nose ulcers, visible blood and such in my nose. My right nostril has some heavy scarring from my years as a teen, but it never used to bleed back then when I snorted, albeit less often.

So, does anyone have any advice on how I can minimize the damage to my nose when snorting meth? Or any substance that irritates the mucous membranes for matter?

Oral use isn't really my thing, or I would go that route. IV'ing is great and all, but I quit doing that several years ago and I don't have much interest in starting again, so this is the least invasive ROA for me, but it isn't a very sustainable one if my septum is eaten away.

There is truly nothing you can do besides stop snorting meth. It's a caustic drug that you are putting up your nose, it's always going to cause damage. You WILL eventually have a hole in your septum if you continue to snort meth every day of your life. Your nose will become destroyed.

Quit doing meth. It's destroying your body. It's neurotoxic and your ROA is even causing visible psyhical damage. It's only going to further destroy your brain and appearance. It's well known meth causes cell damage and death in the brain, and daily use is truly going to mess you up in the long run.

The fact is that I have quit, and plan on doing so again. I went from injecting a gram daily to snorting a quarter or less per day after three years cold turkey. My use isn't permanent, moreso just looking for harm reduction so I don't have long term issues after I do stop again. Not trying to offend, but harm reduction posts can help a lot more people than just the OP, and many of them will not quit as soon as I plan to. We all know how addiction works, so suggestions on keeping safe in the meantime is the point of this post; not necessarily recovery, which there are numerous threads about.

Mixing into water or salinated water seems to help a bit when snorting as I have heard other users suggest, but it often is passed through the sinuses immediately and may as well be ingested orally at that rate.

Last edited:
The fact is that I have quit, and plan on doing so again. I went from injecting a gram daily to snorting a quarter or less per day after three years cold turkey. My use isn't permanent, moreso just looking for harm reduction so I don't have long term issues after I do stop again. Not trying to offend, but harm reduction posts can help a lot more people than just the OP, and many of them will not quit as soon as I plan to. We all know how addiction works, so suggestions on keeping safe in the meantime is the point of this post; not necessarily recovery, which there are numerous threads about.

Mixing into water or salinated water seems to help a bit when snorting as I have heard other users suggest, but it often is passed through the sinuses immediately and may as well be ingested orally at that rate.

I understand, but there's a reason I'm saying it's either quit or do damage. It's still pretty unavoidable, even if you try to do it as snorting meth dissolved in water. That's only going to work so well and isn't very practical.

I'm all about HR my friend. I've been here for years promoting it as much as I can.

Take your meth orally if you have to. It's a perfectly fine ROA with a decent enough bioavailability. Longer duration, but obviously a much longer onset.

There is truly nothing you can do besides stop snorting meth.
FALSE. You can make a solution and use a nasal spray. When dissolved in water, it causes a lot less damage and gets absorbed faster and more effectively. Haven't tried it with methamphetamine yet, but I use this method for regular amphetamine sometimes and next to it's advantages on pharmacological level, it's also stealth as fuck. It should work just as well with meth, since they're both freely soluble in water. (1g / 2mL)
The spray spreads the substance more evenly across the absorbing membrane and allows the drug to pass through more easily.

If you'd like me to write a short guide on how to make a spray (yes it's easy, but there are a few things to keep in mind) I'll spend some time on it. I'll give it its own topic if that doesn't exist here yet.

I already addressed that in my last reply. I'm aware you can snort it in a liquid solution, but it' still going to cause damage. Significantly less I'm sure, but oral is probably the best ROA if you want to be safe with meth.

Oh wups, kinda didn't sleep, had my first day of work, Genetics exam and extreme frustration because of being screwed over. TIRED.

But erhm, I personally strongly prefer nasal over oral, because of it acting fast and inducing a rush more easily.

Just to clarify with the OP are you snorting white powdered meth type speed or is it the crystal Meth that is really smokable and is like rocks that looks like ice. If it's the latter the meth really will destroy you nose over time so accept that you will have to change how you use your DOC ie go to someone's house where you can smoke it which is what meth is intended for or swallow it.

As others have said there is no way your nose will heal if you continue to snort it.

It is smokeable crystal in large chunks. I crush it and snort it, and I am sure to chop it good so it is as fine as I can get it.

The nasal spray idea is a good one. Snorting the mixture out of a spoon or what have you sends it straight through the sinuses and down the throat with almost no effort, but I have never had that issue using a spray. Plus, as LearntYoung mentioned, the nasal spray is very conspicuous.

I'm laying off today; letting my nose heal, but that idea is probably pretty viable since you won't have powder concentrated in one area in your nose and burning a sore into it. I may end up smoking it, but it lacks a certain ease of use in most situations.

How many points of meth do you snort in a session and how long does it take to kick in? How long does it keep you awake and I guess if you're taking it daily you must have some things to help you sleep.

I'm kinda curious

It is smokeable crystal in large chunks. I crush it and snort it, and I am sure to chop it good so it is as fine as I can get it.

crush it even finer. seriously, its shards of crystal, its gonna inevitably fuck your nasal passages up. never tried diluting in water, but if i have to sniff my shit im anal about getting it as fiiine as possible, to the point where it pisses off ,y friends cuz they jus wanna get into it. but shit fucks up my nose too much for me to fuck around and not chop it like a maniac. my other suggestion is if you cant smoke and dont want to bang, try eating/parachuting your shards...lasts for a looong time and is pretty damn euphoric in my experience

I'll snort roughly a quarter gram or more daily depending on what I'm doing that day. Kicks in pretty quickly, not a real intense rush like with more direct ROA's. More steady though, which I prefer anyways. It can keep me up the first couple nights but after that if I stop using before the late evening I can get 3-5 hours of sleep a night, taking Xanax or Lorazepam if I have any issues. My girlfriend has an anxiety disorder but doesn't like taking her prescriptions, so I have a stockpile of benzo's.

LearntYoung, if you wouldn't mind elaborating on how you create the nasal spray, that may be beneficial. I would like to experiment with that, but I am just struggling with figuring out how the dosing would work. i/e, how much substance/mL needs to be mixed. I'm very experienced with my DOC and my body, but I also don't want to waste any product goofing around with something I am not very familiar with.

Last edited:
How-To:

First of all, you'll need a spray bottle. You can either purchase an empty, easily refillable one or buy a saline solution spray. If you choose the second choice, the bottle most likely won't have a screw cap, so be sure to examine if the top is removable at all. If it is, the easiest way to pop it open is by using a bottle opener, like this one:
Aluminium%2Bflesopener-00.jpg

If you have an open spray bottle, empty it if not yet empty and fill it with a measured amount of water. (eg. 10mL) Put the top back on and count how many sprays you can get out of it until it's empty. Repeat this step and use the average for a more precise dosing.

For the solution there are 2 types to choose from and an optional addition. You could make (1) a solution with only meth in it or (2) a solution with meth and some salt added. Both having its own advantage and disadvantage. Optionally, you could add a sweetener, like sorbitol, to make it taste a bit better. (500mg sorbitol would be plenty for 10mL solution)

Advantages:
(1) The lack of salt will create a favourable osmotic pressure, causing a higher absorbance.
(2) The salt will act as a decongestant, so you won't have a clogged nose.
The choice is yours. When adding salt, never add more than 9mg / mL. I'd recommend just 4mg / mL or so, to reduce it's influence on the absorption rate.

All choices made, except for one, your dosing. Especially for the first time, I'd recommend to not make a lot of solution, since you might not like the method and it's a bitch to get the meth out again. Read this first, before actually making the solution, as I'm explaining that in the next paragraph.
Let's say you used 10mL to determine the amount of sprays and got 90 sprays out of that. A simple calculation (10 / 90) would tell you each spray consists of 0.111mL. Meth is freely soluble in water, so you won't have to worry about it not dissolving when adding too much, but you just need to decide what dose you'd like. Dissolving 1 gram of meth, would get you 100mg / mL and 11.11mg per spray. 1.5g meth > 16.67mg /spray and so on.

To make the solution, get some water boiling and let it cool down. Put the desired contents and amounts, chosen from the description above, in the empty bottle and add the amount of distilled water prefered. Add the cap and shake it for a while to mix everything properly. Always shake before use for optimal effect.

Enjoy!

Picked some more up today and tried this out. Sent the shit through a coffee filter first to filter out whatever the cut or impurities in it is that didn't immediately absorb. Where I live street meth is pretty good, but it ain't perfect by far. Burned a lot less, and it seems to absorb quicker. I'll chock this idea up as a win, but I still think my nose needs a break. Harm reduction can only slow it down, and this is going to help a lot I think. As for now, I'm gonna pick up a pipe today and just smoke some if I get the need.

Thanks for all the replies here guys. I'm sure there are others out there that will benefit from the info here. Wish I had taken better care of my nose when I was a kid lol.

So basically I just spent 15 minutes of writing a detailed guide so that you could do an acetone wash that takes care of caffeine cuts and leftover acids from the synthesis, to subsequently decide you'll smoke it instead?... I was about to go to bed, since I had to get up at 4:30AM to go to work and it was already to late, but since you requested and I knew I wouldn't have the discipline to write it if I postponed it now, I slept even less. I feel used. Could you at least use some lube next time?

Dude, i said i made one using your guide, and it works well. Will continue to use it in the future. Chill lol. Your info was much appreciated and put to good use; i dont care for smoking so much, but if my nose needs a few days to heal up, it is what it is.

as far as the cut, if im not shooting it, im usually too lazy to fuck with it.

Besides, who knows how many other users or guests are gonna use your guide to help with similar shit. It was worth posting and I benefited, but don't hinge your day on lil ol me. I dont need that kind of guilt in my life.

Last edited:
I'm sorry man, I thought I deleted that, since I just realised I misinterpreted it right after the post. My apologies, I'm tired as fuck.

Not a problem. Thanks for your info. I also found this SinuFix stuff at the store while grabbing a spray bottle. It is made as an all natural decongestant, and its just a bunch of vitamins and herbs. Suppose to help heal a raw nose if you had a cold or whatever.

Point is, its nice to flush with afterwards to make sure everything is clean and healthy in there. Just figured id let people know it exists. Feels better than spraying water or saline up there.