• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Safer Research Chemical User's Guide

Check out the link that peppersox put up, right above your post.
i think its just what you're looking for.

Last edited:
Marquis testing is better than *nothing* I guess. But the results are subjective and many substances have similar reactions. The subjectivity is pretty obvious when one compares the DS chart to that provided by the NIJ. I've noted disagreements in the past in threads about what color various 2C-'s produced with Marquis reagent. I wouldn't want to trust my life to deciding whether a color was green or "yellow/green." The shade and colors in pictures on the internet can be quite distorted depending on the camera, monitor of the editor, the viewer, etc.

It wouldn't have surprised me a bit if 2C-B-fly and bromodragonfly turned out to have basically the same Marquis reaction, although this didn't prove to be the case if i recall the pictures in that thread correctly. If it had been the case, spot-color reagent testing wouldn't have done a thing to prevent the recent fiasco.

Post #6 in this thread is as relevant as ever:

Testing / Verifying Compounds:

Some companies that were willing to do syntheses in the past may have been willing to get an independent lab to assay the final yield. Some countries have harm reduction services that may be able to provide some testing of compounds, though most of these probably will not be to the exacting standards that would be ideal. Even if a company is fairly reputable and say provides lab assays and an MSDS with their shipment, it is always possible that human error could have come into play. One only need read some of the forums to find out about chemical mix-ups. Probably best to have a trusted friend who is a chemistry geek skilled in chromatography.

If the compound is in something like a pill, blotter, etc. it may be harder to verify contents or rule-out it containing additional active materials.

Last edited:
I wouldn't want to trust my life to deciding whether a color was green or "yellow/green."

Clearly you're right and people need to understand that these things can only tell you so much - certainly not whether what you're taking is for sure safe or not. However, they are better than nothing since they can (but won't always) alert you to a potential problem, and the alternative is knowing nothing at all (or abstaining).

People here are talking about the Marquis test, but what about Mandelin and Mecke? I have those as well... Are they useful? I would assume using all three could narrow things down even further...

yeah...but still... OK let's make some rules -
*no low quality pics.
* for fuck's sake this isn't about using the Marquis testing kit as a definitive answer for saying whether something is either 2C-t2 or 2C-B-dragonfly - we are saying this is a good idea of maybe being able to say "is this DOI or 2C-B??? Or 4-aco-DMT or Ketamine?" - completely different colours in the spectrum, therefore giving a fucking good idea as to what you're about ot ingest.
* This is also new knowledge for others, research, and fun too (well come on, who doesn't like to be high and watching little pieces of crystal change colours with a puff of smoke?)

Anyways, uploading 2C-I, and 2C-E results tonight - been away for a few days.

ANd also I have mentioned other reagents are used if you got them right...

Last edited:
I know this is an old thread, but I just want to say thanks for an excellent and informative guide.

This is essential reading for anyone who is considering doing RC's!

^You have no idea what you're talking about.

Stick to talking about plants, its what you know. Stop with your flagrant attacks of synthetic drugs. It seriously doesnt sit well here. The majority of threads here are about synthetics and the majority of people here use them (SAFELY!!!!).

Further posts like this will just be seen as flames andd trying to stir shit up for which you will recieve an infraction.

RCs aren't safe.

Wanna be safe?

Don't take them.

These threads are for harm reduction. They aren't surely safe, just like anything else, including your precious plants. There are certain chems that can be used in relatively self ways, and since people WILL consume them with your bitching about them or not, harm reduction is realistic AND useful.

Now let these good people do their work and don't turn this thread into a flame fest. Don't reply, k? Stick to your own thread about it or find a place where you belong if you can't be in the presence of us without letting us know your same opinion all day every day.

That is a thread warning about a mislabeling of a research chemical.

Had it been labeled as what it actually was and people dosed it correctly it would be fine.
Read the end of the thread where people have tried the chemical, knowing what it was and dosing it accordingly.

No negative reports or deaths.

Saying RC's arent safe is not a valid comment.
You CAN use them safely.

I can sticky a thread warning about the dangers of Datura.
That wouldnt make saying "Plants arent safe" a valid comment.

Lets not mess this thread up if you want to discuss this PM me.

Back on topic. This is a serious thread purely for harm reduction. It's not a debating matter.

Deciding Whether to Become a Researcher:

I don't think I've ever heard anything so pretentious in all my life. Necking random powders you buy on the internet makes you a researcher like jogging on the freeway makes you a Buick.

I don't think I've ever heard anything so pretentious in all my life. Necking random powders you buy on the internet makes you a researcher like jogging on the freeway makes you a Buick.

Maybe jogging on the freeway after necking random powders you buy on the internet makes you a Buick? ;)

Other than that little statement though, I think this article is nice for HR, I think it could do with a million and one warnings about how we know very little at all about these compounds and you could end up a statistic if you don't experiment responsibly though.

Roger that made me laugh hard

"like jogging on the freeway makes you a Buick"

=D =D <3

What is the difference between the Eutylone (bk-EBDB ) I have and bk-MDEA for ex. and other in the Beta-Ketones group.Also,any ideas on dosage.
I also need for a comparison methiopropamine(MPA) and the others that are in this class.I'd appreciate the assist on this one folks.