• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Safely using opiates after Vivitrol?

Zombieland6553

Greenlighter
I was forced into getting the Vivitrol while in treatment. Im just not ready to quit. Ive also experienced adverse side effects (one being hair loss...seriously, WTF?!) and have been having cravings for 2 months. My first injection was early in Dec, so its been about 5 months. My last injection was April 1st. I want to get high so bad I can stand it. How much (IV H or or Ds) could I effectively but more importantly safely use? I dont want to overdose but Ive also heard of people not being able to feeling ANYTHING until like day 50. Im 5'7 135lbs. Ive been IVing meth regularly for over a month and I cant fucking take it. My habit before Vivitrol was very small (.2 a day or 8mg Dil).

Help?

I have been on Vivitrol for roughly the same amount of time, from what I've heard the longer one is on Vivitrol the more it builds up in ones system resulting in not feeling the effects of opioids for longer than the advertised thirty days, so I'd imagine you're going to have to wait a while. I would strongly recommend not IVing after any extended length of sobriety, especially when Vivitrol is in the mix (that's just asking for an overdose), it also should go without saying I strongly recommend against using heroin again, however being an addict myself I completely understand.

Best of luck and please be safe.

You would just have to try a small dose and see if that's active before you go on to do a major shot or anything like that. Given vivitrol essentially resets tolerance, and you didn't have much of a tolerance to begin with, popping/taking a small hit of an oxy or H would easily be able to allow you to notice if the vivitrol has worn off enough for you to begin getting high again.

With that said, damn man, you sure you want to be getting high still? If you were already in treatment and were on vivitrol seems like a lot of progress to just give up on. Jus sayin'
Good luck

You would just have to try a small dose and see if that's active before you go on to do a major shot or anything like that. Given vivitrol essentially resets tolerance, and you didn't have much of a tolerance to begin with, popping/taking a small hit of an oxy or H would easily be able to allow you to notice if the vivitrol has worn off enough for you to begin getting high again.

With that said, damn man, you sure you want to be getting high still? If you were already in treatment and were on vivitrol seems like a lot of progress to just give up on. Jus sayin'
Good luck

I was thinking the same thing, especially when your relapse might not even get you high or kill you in the process of trying to achieve one.

I was thinking the same thing, especially when your relapse might not even get you high or kill you in the process of trying to achieve one.

ya exactly, vivitrol treatment can be expensive too from what ive heard

OP - I think you should take advantage of tthe opportunity you've been given, and try a sober life, at least for a while. I had to fight tooth and nail to get the shot, and it cost $4000 per shot. I took it for 8 months. You are in a position that many people envy, and if you throw this opportunity away it may not come back.

You're probably not going to be able to get a good high for a little while longer - why not explore non-pharmaceutical coping mechanisms for managing life while you must be sober? The addiction cycle is a bitch, and it tends to get unpleseant, painful, and depressing quick. You have a chance now to stop it. Soberly consider the path you want you life to take.

Good luck!