• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Safely extracting gbl from 14ml nail polish remover?

EekitPone

Greenlighter
Can nail polish (14ml) containing Gamma Butyrolactone, Dimethylketone, Ethyl alcohol, Cellulose be boiled off to leave pure gbl?

Is it safe to do that? and not knowing how much product would be left could you then add some bicarbonate and boil again to get pure ghb once it turned solid?

There wouldn't be a problem if there were some left over of the other contents would there because I looked it up and cellulose is used as a binder for drugs anyhow and dimethylketone is acetone which I read has internal applications already and alcohol well we all know about that.

I read up and the boiling points of acetone and alcohol are both alot lower than gbl so boiling on the stove would do the trick?

I thought this might be a good way to try ghb because I would not want to get a big amount so this would leave only a small bit of product which wouldn't be enough to cause any serious overdose would it.

What about the bicarbonate part would it have to be done in 2 steps? or can it be thrown in at first and leave it boiling? but since there is 14ml total you wouldn't know what the total gbl is would you? so wouldn't know how much bicarb to put in? can you just guess it? ie is there not problem with a bit over because it will just end up in leftover bicarb which is harmless?

Or rather should you do the first step and once the liquid was viscious then that would be mostly pure gbl and then just measure in syringe and measure according bicarb and boil again with water?

I posted this elsewhere and -uneducated- people were saying it is stupid and you will have a hospital visit but that just seems like talking from ignorance as they gave no reasoning for saying this; if non of the products are toxic internally then what would cause a toxic reaction when ingested?

Thoughts?

Don't know, but GBL can still be purchased fairly easily online can't it?

Well, we will not talk about getting anything online and boiling nail polish remover sounds like a fire hazard, if I'm not mistaken. Did you consider that?

I would (you) look up every ingredent and see just what the deal is with them. Personally, I would not risk it. It sounds like a bunch of trouble for nothing.

you would need to fractionally distill and even then it might be an azeotropic product (not pure)...so no.