• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Safe to use Caffetin for opioid high?

NeoLid

Bluelighter
So Im overseas right now and ive found out they sell codeine otc but with a bunch of other ingredients, its 10mg per pill i wanna try to go for a 150mg dose which is 15 pills, Im just worried if that high of dose of all the other stuff will fuck with me. Heres a list of ingredients:
Paracetamol 250mg
Propyphenazone 210mg
Codeine phosphate 10mg
Caffeine 50mg

Last edited by a moderator:
15 x 250 mg paracetamol (=acetaminophen) = 3750 mg which is way too high for a single dose, maximum should be around 1000 mg in a single dose and not more than 3-4 g a day
15 x 50 mg caffeine = 750 mg caffeine which is too much as well (iirc <400 mg per day is considered safe, but it depends on your tolerance)
15 x 210 mg propyphenazone = 3150 mg which is way too high as a single dose, but iirc is still under the maximum daily dosage

With all that said, yes, it's a way too high dose for the other active ingredients, so don't do it

A dose of 3750 mg of paracetamol/acetaminophen ingested all at once isn't exactly healthy for your liver.

For comparison purposes, 4000 mg spread out over 24 hours is the maximum dose allowed in the US, and that is already almost irresponsibly high. In Europe, the maximum daily dose is typically just 2000 mg.

However, in combination with 3150 mg of propyphenazone, it is going to be exponentially more toxic to your organs, particularly your liver. Not only that, but propyphenazone and other members of the pyrazolone class of painkillers are actually *banned* in a number of countries due to them being *even more* toxic than paracetamol.

So yeahhhh... don't do it. It's going to be hell on your liver, and unless you've got a massive caffeine tolerance, those 750 mg of caffeine (that's more than nine 250ml/8.4 fl oz cans of Red Bull!) are going to overpower any pleasant sense of relaxation you'd get from the codeine.

Even if this wasn't physically dangerous the massive caffeine and Propyp dose is going to completely ruin any kind of high you'd get from the codeine

In Europe, the maximum daily dose is typically just 2000 mg.

Not true. I live in the UK and paracetamol (acetaminophen for US people) is one of the most used painkillers for mild pain and any box I have had says max 4gr a day. 2 tablets of 500mg each every 4-6 hours is the classic dosage.

I don't know where you got 2gr. Actually, there in the US the max recommended is lower than in Europe - 3gr max a day is the recommended daily dosage AFAIK.

"Adults can usually take 1 or 2 500mg tablets every 4 to 6 hours, but shouldn't take more than 4g (8 500mg tablets) in the space of 24 hours."
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/paracetamol/

From the NHS website!

I hate it when people write about medical stuff without checking what they're saying is accurate.

I live in the UK but I am originally from Italy and 4gr is the max daily dosage over there as well lol.

Well it doesn't really matter what the max dosage is where, hammering your liver with almost 4g's of APAP is not good for the health. Some people can survive more, some less, it's still living on the edge.

I hate it when people write about medical stuff without checking what they're saying is accurate.

I live in the UK but I am originally from Italy and 4gr is the max daily dosage over there as well lol.

Yeah, should've done more research, thanks for the correction. Where I live (also a little country in Europe), the max dose for paracetamol indeed seems to be 2000 mg, based on the several generics I have used in the past. However, there doesn't seem to be an EU-wide standard for this, as the patient information leaflet for the German Paracetamol-ratiopharm generic that I just looked up also states a maximum dose of 4000mg/24hrs.

And yes, it looks like they recently lowered the max dose for APAP in the US (from the Tylenol website: "To help encourage the safe use of acetaminophen, the makers of TYLENOL? have lowered the maximum daily dose for single-ingredient Extra Strength TYLENOL? (acetaminophen) products sold in the U.S. from 8 pills per day (4,000 mg) to 6 pills per day (3,000 mg). The dosing interval has also changed from 2 pills every 4 – 6 hours to 2 pills every 6 hours."), which is arguably a good thing.

Sooo... "egg on my face", as they say, and thanks for the correction. :)

So what if I go with a 100mg dose, 10 pills im not worried about the apap but more the caffeine and propyphenazone. I have a pretty high caffeine tolerance(200-300mg) twice daily.

Don't do it. That propyphenazone...no. I wouldn't use it any dose personally.