• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Safe first time Valium dosage?

talkin2myself

Bluelighter
My tolerance is high, I usually take 8 mgs of Xanax, or 12 mgs of Klonopin. And 20 mgs of Ativan (lorazepam) but I only use it occasionally for recreational reasons, it gives me an opiate-like buzz. It's the only benzo that gave me "body high".

There's a chance that I can get my hands on some Valium (it's called Seduxen here, anyways diazepam), what the perfect starting dose would be with a benzo-tolerance like that?

Well seeing as you have a massive tolerance I mean 8mg of Xanax is equivelent to 160mg diazepam .
and 12mg klonipin is equivelent 240mg diazepam
also 20mg Ativan is equivelent 210 mg diazepam
so honestly I don't think you will even will feel the diazepam unless you take at least 100mg in one go , I would never tell someone without a tolerance or a low tolerance to take that much only becauase of the information you provided us I think you would need that much and don't mix it with other benzos or alcohol see how you go report back and let us know how you went. :)

If you can drop 8mg of Alpraz without blacking out and waking up in Cuba then you're looking at 150mg+ Diaz to feel anything.
Valium is pretty over-rated as benzo's go, much less perceptible than the Xanax punch, at least.

<3

Valium is a nice benzo, but it's certainly much less potent than Xanax and with your tolerance you won't feel anything as others have said.

Valium has much more sedation, at least in my experience. Although, my body is dependent on them. I take 10mg a day. Just be careful messing with benzos man. That's good you only do them every once in a while, but those are high doses, and that's how I got addicted. I honestly would start with around 80mg of Valium, which is quite a lot... Be sure not to mix any other CNS depressant with them.

@ringo: I think with diazepam it depends on what you are doing when you take it.
When I layed in bed i would get sedated but when i was up and active it would add to that.

This rule is very simple, safe and effective: With whatever substance you take you should take half of what you think is a low dosage. No result? Then double the dosage the following day.

For example: With xanax i started at [day1] 0.25 -> [day2] 0,5 -> [day3] 1,0 -> [day4] 2,0

And there i found my sweet spot.

@ringo: I think with diazepam it depends on what you are doing when you take it.
When I layed in bed i would get sedated but when i was up and active it would add to that.

i have the same also it has an euphoric undertone to it that is lacking in other (triazolo) benzos

let us know how you went. :)

I popped 100 mgs (actually a whole box lol, it comes in 20x5mg here) spent 30 euros on em, and I felt nothing at all.

Thanks for all of you guys, your inputs are well appreciated. :)

Last edited:
WOW! your benzo tolerance is SKY HIGH.

Here's the equivalent doses for the benzos you used, compared to Diazepam.

0.5mg Alprazolam
0.5mg Clonazepam
1mg Lorazepam
10mg Diazepam

So,

8mg Alprazolam = 160mg Diazepam
12mg Clonazepam = 240mg Diazepam
20mg Lorazepam = 200mg Diazepam

These are insanely high doses.
I would stick with Alprazolam or Clonazepam so you don't have to take those very high doses of Diazepam.

If you're talking about using benzos recreationally, then the equivalent doses I listed above are high enought to get you very high.

For me Diazepam is the most euphoric benzo. Esp when given in equivalent doses (I would take 10mg Diazepam over 0.5mg of Clonazepam or Alprazolam any day)

But taking high doses like you have been doing is extremely dangerous, especially for your liver.

I would stay away from Diazepam, because with your tolerance issues you would have to take a bunch of Diazepam, like the doses I stated above.

WOW! your benzo tolerance is SKY HIGH.

Here's the equivalent doses for the benzos you used, compared to Diazepam.

0.5mg Alprazolam
0.5mg Clonazepam
1mg Lorazepam
10mg Diazepam

So,

8mg Alprazolam = 160mg Diazepam
12mg Clonazepam = 240mg Diazepam
20mg Lorazepam = 200mg Diazepam

These are insanely high doses.
I would stick with Alprazolam or Clonazepam so you don't have to take those very high doses of Diazepam.

If you're talking about using benzos recreationally, then the equivalent doses I listed above are high enought to get you very high.

For me Diazepam is the most euphoric benzo. Esp when given in equivalent doses (I would take 10mg Diazepam over 0.5mg of Clonazepam or Alprazolam any day)

But taking high doses like you have been doing is extremely dangerous, especially for your liver.

I would stay away from Diazepam, because with your tolerance issues you would have to take a bunch of Diazepam, like the doses I stated above.

Must of sounded better when you said it

Hepatoxicity is not common from benzo's as I remember can anyone confirm this? interesting......