• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Safe cocktail for sleep? 50mg Hydroxyzine, 20mg Temazepam and 3mg Melatonin

Memantine

Bluelighter
I am really desperate for some normal sleep right now so I want to make sure that I sleep in quick, long and deep.

Is this a safe combo for someone with no tolerance?

This should be more than enough to put you to sleep. Combining hydroxyzine with temazepam will increase the sedative effects, so maybe try 25mg of Hydroxyzine with 10mg of temazepam and 3mg of melatonin at first :)

I think the higher the dose of sedatives/tranquilisers you take, the less "normal" the sleep is, and the more likely you are to wake up feeling tired and groggy.
That's my experience, anyway. I've had problems with sleep my whole life.

It's safe but if you have no tolerance temazepam and melatonin alone should be enough. When I didn't have a tolerance 30mg temazepam knocked me on my ass.

It has been 70 minutes since hydroxyzine, 40 since temazepam and 10 since melatonin and im kind off tranquilized by now.. I hope effect will increase even more

Well from what i have read temazepam doesnt inteerfere wqith quality sleep neither does antihistamines or melatonin. But the long half lifes give you a hangover into the next day. Srry for sluggish english.

i mean the half life from hydroxyzine

I would lower the Melatonin dose a tad bit (Apologies, as I'm rather tired and don't feel like looking it up) But I would cut the Melatonin dose in half. Hydroxyzine, you should be able to knock it down to 25mg's. Dropping the Temazepam dose is up to you, as 10-20mg's is my sweet spot on the rare occasions I take it for sleep.

@Neithman They are both pretty great anti-histamines. For sleep I'd put Promethazine > Hydroxyzine. Same effects. Promethazine is just a bit more powerful in my opinion.

Hydroxyzine gave me extremely bizzare vivid dreams. I only like it for daytime anxiety.

Btw, the lower the dose of melatonin, the sleepier it makes you.